Yet another hosting request...
    I've a site with a host who charges the most and delivers the worst service out of the three hosts that I use. They're very pleasant and quick to answer queries, but problems come so commonly and they are so ham-fisted at fixing things that it's time to move on.

I'd love to just move the site to one of the other two hosts I'm happy with, but think it wiser to spread the risk, so:

Can anyone recommend a hosting company? It's not a big site, no more than about 10-15Gb a month transfer at max. I want MySQL, and the usual stuff, fancy stats are nice but not vital and I doubt I'd ever go over any-ones upper disc space limit.

As a comparison, current hosts want over $300 for the next year to continue as opposed to under $100 at one of my other preferred hosts.

Paul - I'd recommond myself. http://GetYourWebsiteToday.com . I am starting here as an AM, but I've been doing hosting for awhile.

I am small, been in business 2-3 years, and am very customer service oriented. I offer no frills $10 linux hosting. It comes with the usual - mysql, php, cpanel, fantastico, etc. My support is done via email and IM to keep costs down.

Feel free to PM any questions. I'd be glad to help you.

I'll recomend my host.

www.knowitallsolutions.com

Their hosting site www.kiahost.com

Oops - sorry I forgot this forum was here too , seems the answers have probably already been posted.

I ought to add...

The one I'm leaving is Lunarpages - support great - except everything breaks all the time, especially stats and FP extensions and they're expensive (relatively).

The ones I recommend in order are: TeraByte - best of all, no telephone support or hand-holding, but quick and effective the site works without problems, so no reason to contact them, cheap too, and get better when you're with them longer.

SmarterLinux - similar to TeraByte, but I've not been with them as long, so they become no.2 recommendadtion.

The best host I had so far is Techark. I open 1 or 2 tickets a year for issues but I usually get a reply back within minutes, even for very minor things like web stats not updating on time. They're are techark.com
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    Can anyone recommend a hosting company? It's not a big site, no more than about 10-15Gb a month transfer at max. I want MySQL, and the usual stuff, fancy stats are nice but not vital and I doubt I'd ever go over any-ones upper disc space limit.
    I can recommend someone I use, www.hostingzoom.com. I have a reseller account to host my domains and have been quite satisfied.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    Paul - I'd recommond myself. http://GetYourWebsiteToday.com . I am starting here as an AM, but I've been doing hosting for awhile.

I am small, been in business 2-3 years, and am very customer service oriented. I offer no frills $10 linux hosting. It comes with the usual - mysql, php, cpanel, fantastico, etc. My support is done via email and IM to keep costs down.

Feel free to PM any questions. I'd be glad to help you.
    Just some FYI's...

1. I was checking out your site, and the "order" link at the top is getting a "connection has terminated unexpectedly" error (on Mozilla Firefox). This might be a problem for acquiring new customers.

2. Also advertising your own services is frowned upon in these forums unless you pay for it.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread