affiliate program for dropship website
    Hi i am launching a website which will be a dropship concept...does it make sense to have a affiliate program for a site selling products which are not its own and are of dropshipper...also will affiliate promote such a website...thanks in advance to everybody who will take time out to answer this....

Internet Cowboy
    I say give it a try. There are lots of 'merchants' out there with affiliate programs who are nothing more than drop shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by id2k
    ...also will affiliate promote such a website
    Well, the problematic part that I see in this is the burden of responsibility. When there is only "one shipper" (if you see what I'm saying), it is easy to know - both for the affiliate that referred a particular sale, and for the cutomer that ordered from the affiliate's website - who is responsible for packing, shipping and delivering. With yet another link in the chain (between the customer and the shipper), it gets a bit more tricky.

Tho', yes, I believe, you will find affiliates that would be willing to promote this.

Geno

Another major problem might be the dropshipper taking your customer once you place the order. I've seen this on more than one occassion.

what is your margin?

Affiliates for Dropship Websites.... Will it work???
    Hello Everyone!

I currently have a Dropship Website and I'm doing quite well.... only because I sell my products on Ebay.

Well I'm looking to go to another level and try to automate my business...

I thought about affiliates, however I'm just not clear on how that would work with Dropship Websites.

Providing commission for each product being sold doesn't seem like it would work...

I'm truly open for suggestions from all Affiliate Masters out there

Your honest opinion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Des

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The ratio of legit drop ship sites to bogus scumbag drop shippers is too high to call this a legit promotion opportunity.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

best of luck buddies!

Depends on the dropship?
    I'd say it would depend on the dropship method.

Some people do 'dropships' from a physical company that just has a mortar storefront, but just isn't web-based. Your value add might be you are selling or have better cataloging services than the drop-shipper. Or maybe they are JUST a warehouse that dropships.

From an affiliate view, they'd want to be able to send traffic to a website that would get them conversions and that is relevent to their traffic and wouldn't burn them (reputable, fulfills the order).

I think if you match that, then you'd be good?

- Dieter D.
    Improvement Direct

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Zibus/SimpleRebates/Easyrefunds are fraudsters
    Mike, you are on your game again. I just busted http://zibus.com/ which sold an unsuspecting victim a $5000 dropship program. It turns out that they recommended posting our products on Ebay and when the product was sold they were to order through their web login to http://zibus.com/ which ran the order through http://www.SimpleRebates.com/ or http://www.easyrefunds.com

We provide free shipping for orders above $50 but they are advising to charge the Ebay customer shipping fees. Then they say they will rebate back the seller up to 20% which is double our commission so they are completely scamming.

The order got busted by our fraud department when they inquired about the dropshipping schedule. Only we don't dropship. Furthermore, they include many of our top brands who don't dropship.

id2k, my advice is that you better have your ducks in a row otherwise you will get caught up in the negative reputation of the (how would Mike put it?) sheister BHO's just bring out more of the other tricks for cookied clicks scumbags.

I ran a content site with 2 products on it. The products were drop shipped by the manufacturer. It did not generate a ton of revenue, but the concept did work.

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Teampb,

I think it is a great concept but it clearly puts us in jeopardy with our manufacturers. So does false advertsing our products on Ebay. The other problem is that the warranty would be with the affiliate placing the order and when the shopper tries to return it for an RMA we would have no record of the sale. Then there would be two upset parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Mike, you are on your game again. I just busted http://zibus.com/ which sold an unsuspecting victim a $5000 dropship program. It turns out that they recommended posting our products on Ebay and when the product was sold they were to order through their web login to http://zibus.com/ which ran the order through http://www.SimpleRebates.com/ or http://www.easyrefunds.com

We provide free shipping for orders above $50 but they are advising to charge the Ebay customer shipping fees. Then they say they will rebate back the seller up to 20% which is double our commission so they are completely scamming.

The order got busted by our fraud department when they inquired about the dropshipping schedule. Only we don't dropship. Furthermore, they include many of our top brands who don't dropship.

id2k, my advice is that you better have your ducks in a row otherwise you will get caught up in the negative reputation of the (how would Mike put it?) sheister BHO's just bring out more of the other tricks for cookied clicks scumbags.
    Man I can't believe how scummy people are!!! Yay Chuck for exposing those scumbags preying on poor souls trying to make an honest buck....just burns me!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Teampb,

I think it is a great concept but it clearly puts us in jeopardy with our manufacturers. So does false advertsing our products on Ebay. The other problem is that the warranty would be with the affiliate placing the order and when the shopper tries to return it for an RMA we would have no record of the sale. Then there would be two upset parties.

The affiliate would essentially become a merchant. It would be interesting to figure a way to drop ship through affiliates, but there would need to be a great deal of sales integration to handle RMAs and such...

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar

Good choice of words Chuck. I've had these drop shipper types wanting me to make web sites for them. If they don't have a brink-n-mortar inventoried store and legit drop ship suppliers for web orders ... I pass on the deal.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Bica_Hall
    Hi id2k,
    It's very good thing that you are going to start. It will help to all drop shippers.
    You can go for any freelance site for your website advertisement. There are many good service providers you can hire and get your job done.

Hope this will help you!

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------
    Wholesale spammer product dropshipping source - Drop Ship Access
    This have to be as good as wine...

Handmade - 05' vintage!

There is nothing at all with a dropshipping company. It has no more/less risk than a company that manufacturers it's own products. Like every other business it comes down to the legitimacy of the business in question.

I am not quite sure that I see how the affiliate would become a merchant though. I've always seen a very clear line between affiliate and merchant.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I hate dropshipping personally but if you want to do it go ahead it gives you more reach but at the same time your profit margin is going to be sooooooooooo small. your goal i guess would be to make your payout high so the affiliates cant reach it lol but again personally i don't like it but i'm sure its worked b4 and can work again!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread