ABW Ambassador
    Wanting to try PPC
    I was just thinking of trying PPC and possibly going with overture/yahoo, but I notice the bids seem kind of high. Can anyone offer me any advice to get me started. I'm wondering if I just need to find more niche terms that are say longer phrases or set up the account to allow the phrase to be varied? I've been doing affiliate marketing for over a year and a half now, but haven't gotten into PPC. How can I get by on .05 or .10 cent clicks when the 40th position on yahoo is like .44 cents.

Anything to help me out getting started would be greatly appreciated.

It seems that you are trying to bet on search terms with only one keyword, am I right? Well, this is the bad way of doing PPC. You need to find targeted search terms with at least 2 keywords and I would say no more than 4 keywords. Think of what you would type in a search engine if you were searching for the products or sevices that your web site offer. If you sell some posters about forest and plant, try "forest poster" "plant poster" "plant and forest poster" "poster of plant".. you get it... Betting on "poster" only would be crazy here since it's not targeted enough.

Hope it will help.

it's been a while since I typed in english lol
    good luck
    "Effective people are not problem-minded; they're opportunity minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems."

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for replying. I was typing a two or three word phrase though. Maybe it was just something with too much competition. My problem I'm finding though is that the lower priced terms seem to be for lower priced items and I can't seem to see the return as being higher than what I pay out. I mean, if I pay even as low as .05 cents a click and want to make .10 cents each at converting at say once per 100 clicks that means I would have to make a commission of 10 bucks. That doesn't seem too tough, but it seems the higher dollar items with decent conversions cost more to promote. Then again, I'm new at PPC, and this is actually about as far as I've gotten in my thinking other than testing out a few keywords and phrases in on google or overture.

Maybe I just need to find some better niche items or services.

Any thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    Bump.

ABW Ambassador
    If you're just starting out, i would start with Adwords. And then try super targetted keyword combinations to a super targetted page. You can just use the products a merchant is selling as your keyword. Grab a feed, use it for keywords. More targetted, more better. Lots of trial and error and keeping a sharp eye on it.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you. I guess it's similar to how I would make a site in general then, except keep it extremely targeted even more than before. I just have to find a deeper niche.

I'll use the same method for finding keywords as before I guess, just make sure the margin of error is hopefully smaller.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread