synthasite users?
    I was just perusing a copy of Revenue when I saw the software package synthasite. Of course the first thing I did was come here to see ABW user opinions on it and was shocked that there were no discussions about it.

Any users? Reviews? Thoughts?

Snythasite - quick pass
    Hi Patrick,
    I have registered for their beta and done a quick review. It looks like a nice package to make affiliate sites from built-in data feeds coming from CJ and LS, with little html knowledge needed. It's browser based so you can do it from anywhere (just IE supported).

It does allow for extensive customization so it might also appeal to affiliates who want to take this further with making their own templates and modifying the components.

It has a neat versioning system so you can try different versions of the site. Currently it support Commission Junction and Linkshare data feeds - you enter your account id's in the options and I would assume your affiliate links are automatically created for any products that are picked up. There's a query analyzer which you can use to build sites focused on different product areas.

Once you've made a site you "deploy" it by creating a package that you upload to your server. I didn't get this far as I suspect it's been disabled in the beta.

I didn't see much in this for merchants - the target market appears to be affiliates, especially new ones who haven't built up their own toolbox or ones who have old tools

The people behind it are Vinny Lingham, who keeps a blog on Revenews, and a company called incubeta, which has won some awards in S.Africa for web technology.

Sorry this is just a first quick pass. When I know more - especially how this could benefit merchants - I will post a review on my site. I am sure we will hear more about this as it ramps up.

[URL=]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Thanks for all of the work Peter.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread