Todd, what is this?
    today I have 2 emails in CJ inbox,

FROM X10.com
    Dear Affiliate;

It has come to our attention that some sales are not showing up within the CJ reporting tools. We have contacted CJ and they are aware of the issue. There have been sales over the weekend and they should appear shortly. X10 tracking is working properly and our system is logging CJ PIDs along with sales. Please rest assured that your commissions will be granted for your weekend sales even though you are not currently able to see them on your reports.

Let me know if you have any questions.

FROM NETZERO

Hello,

We are aware that NetZero and Juno sales have not been posted for the past several days. The problem is with CJ.
    We have sent the files to CJ in a timely fashion but they have not been loading them. They are having this problem across all advertisers using batch files.
    I do not have an ETA on this will be resolved but we are hoping it will be soon.
    >>>>>>>

Sales are showing up for Advertisers and not for Affiliates, that means CJ will get paid and not the affiliate, instead CJ will take the amount of Affiliate too.

I received several of these notices from a handful of the merchants that I use as well.

"It has come to our attention" is the part that I wonder about. As in, how long has this been going on until it was caught? etc.

eBay has also reported a problem, although they didn't specify it was on CJ's end.

Andy

Just curious are they ALL BATCH Processing Merchants...???
    I haven't seen any of my Batch Merchants update in a couple of days...

The problem with batch merchants is that they only report their sales every so often.... So if you're expecting a transaction... you have to wait to see if they don't report it..

Sorry, ........ just figured that since it's "World Series" season.. I should throw out a yogi-ism for all of you Yogi Berra fans.. (and baseball fans too!)

Is this problem just related to batch reporting? My sales have gone from an average of $100 per day to zero for the last three days now

Interesting. A Jamster commission payment has just sneaked in under the radar. This is my first sale in three days. I didn't notice it initially because my balance hasn't been updated. Is this another problem that has returned?

I'm getting plenty of those "problems at cj's end, not ours" emails too...

This was in an e-mail I just received...

"I have received complaints recently from affiliates having trouble accessing our product links in the CJ Account Manager. The problem is not on our end (we are sending fresh feeds daily to CJ), but rather is related to the time it takes CJ to update our product catalog. The keyword search box is unavailable during this time. I urge anyone who is having issues with product links to take the following steps:
    Contact CJ and let them know you are having problems.
    Sign up to receive our data feed directly from CJ. You can do this by selecting “Ask a Question” from the "Support" menu in the Account Manager. Once in the question interface, select the "Linking" category and the "Product Links" subcategory.
    Unfortunately, there is a $200 fee to receive data feeds directly. (This charge will be waived if your account has earned at least $10K in advertiser sales revenue for one month during the past 12 months.) I have been making my concerns about this issue heard over the last several months, and my hope is that pressure from both merchants and affiliates will speed along a resoluion."

Stay tuned for more!!??

ABW Ambassador
    I think a lot of batch merchants are having issues. Right now CJ is a buggy network, still have bugs from the last upgrade not worked out. Don't know if these are the type of bugs that take another upgrade to fix, i think they're little bugs so i don't know why they're still there. When i first joined CJ years ago they were better. Number of merchants is pretty much the same. It was faster years ago. They had chargeback %, you could make product links and when you got a sale off them it would show in the reports. Now you have to manually add SID if the merchant has them available. So i don't know what the problem is but i wouldn't mind having an older version.

Historically, doing more upgrades doesn't eliminate bugs, it just creates more bugs.

CJ needs to take a year or two off from "upgrades". It obviously is not equipped to handle the technological hurdles that "upgrades" create for them. The best way to address their rapidly declining credibility with publishers AND merchants is to eliminate the word "upgrade" from their vocabulary until the existing system is bug-free AND any future alleged "upgrades" have been intensively beta tested behind the scenes with ALL bugs worked out. This moronic rolling out of "upgrades" that clearly haven't been beta tested at all is highly unprofessional, unabashedly arrogant.

Sorry CJ, but at worst a very large number of publishers now perceive the word "upgrade" as tantamount to "widespread thievery operation" when it pertains to CJ.

And at best a very large number of publishers perceive the word "upgrade" as meaning "CJ tracking is about to collapse and become totally unreliable for a very long period".

Add this to the fact some very obvious logistical errors were made regarding the new Ebay commission scheme, and it becomes clearer that CJ is ill-equipped to handle any kinds of changes and upgrades....yet it can't resist the temptation to be in a constant state of change and upgrade.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread