Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I thought I was seeing things when I just checked my balance. I hallucinated it had gone up 10 grand.

So I looked at the transaction report and hallucinated I saw this:-

Sale New $104,870.40 $10,487.04 Strawberrynet.com 1193463

I'm going to go to bed now. And when I get up, tomorrow afternoon, I'll expect things to have returned to normal.

I

LOL man, I'd have died. That's an error I'd like to see once and a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Tomorrow, the transaction will still be there in your reports.

Don't mind the Ugly Red Bar which will have appeared next to it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or for purer torture, CJ won't catch the error. So it'll stay there in your account, until 11:59 Pacific, February 9th--when Strawberrynet goes through all the January transactions with axe in hand...

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

It'll mess up my stats something 'orrible.

But I'm fairly certain no-one needs that amount of wrinkle cream.

I've just been telling off Strawberrynet about reversals too (which I think were genuine but I like to keep 'em on their toes).

Can't you just imagine lots of terrified little faces come monday morning? - All wondering who the hell is gonna be brave enough to press the big red reverse button. I mean, if she's *that* cross over a hundred dollars...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I

lol! Maybe they bought the company [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ummmmm, Maybe Tammy Faye Baker was surfing the web.

ABW Ambassador
    How mush spare change did they have in their account?
    Check to see if they appear on your deactivated list for lack of funds

ABW Ambassador
    That would be great....deactivated for a 10,000 sale that never even happened...sheesh

@Icycle....you could always use that as a marketing spin....we sold $10,000 (+ your normal take) this month....

Tom Pyles

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    lol, Packy....

icicle,

if it sticks (and i hope for you that it does) it will be the largest single commish earned by an affiliate through cj

you *must* be their affiliate of the month and we're all looking forward to seeing your url in their newsletter

AARRGGHH! Is that how they reward good little affiliates??

How fortunate Strawberrynet reversed it..

I

Ahhh but I bet it looked pretty while it lasted Icicle. I bet you had some high income stats for a bit. Sorry to hear it was reversed.

So what did they use for an excuse for the reversal?

Invalid Credit Card?

Can't Ship/Out of Stock?

It would have been nice if it stuck...

Leader,

Yeah it would have been nice if it had stuck, but lets just say I did not get emotionally attached to that particular sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And I haven't asked them for a reason - I put them through enough at the best of times! If they so much as see my name on an email in the foreseeable future they'll be cowering under their desks.

[Packy]
    >but I bet it looked pretty while it lasted Icicle.

Well... You know that cute little graph thing on the front page that shows your 12 month sales pattern? Whatever your sales, so long as they are more than last month - they always look nice and impressive. I like that graph. Well for two days all theres been is one orange bar on the right and some tiny, less than impressive smudges on the left.

I dunno. I should be more upset, but if I tell the truth I'm mostly pleased the impressive looking graph is back. Theres something wrong with that somewhere, isn't there?

I think its maybe because to me affiliate marketing is just something I do while listening to the TV, like a game (as Leader says). If I wasn't doing this I'd be playing Tiberium Sun.

If I was hypnotized then asked where I thought the checks all came from, I'd probably profess a belief in a Check Fairy that lives in Sunny California who sends me money because it likes me.

I dunno. My left brain is fully aware that there is some kind of economic activity going on, but my right brain prefers the Check Fairy and Computer Game Hypothesis.

I

I,

Beautiful post! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
    No, Icicle, there is NO Santa "Clause" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

I,

You don't have to email them for an excuse! Just click the Ugly Red Bar and one'll come up...

quote:
    I think its maybe because to me affiliate marketing is just something I do while listening to the TV, like a game (as Leader says). If I wasn't doing this I'd be playing Tiberium Sun.

If I was hypnotized then asked where I thought the checks all came from, I'd probably profess a belief in a Check Fairy that lives in Sunny California who sends me money because it likes me.

I dunno. My left brain is fully aware that there is some kind of economic activity going on, but my right brain prefers the Check Fairy and Computer Game Hypothesis.~Icicle

Exactly! But as long as the BANK knows it's real I'm not going to worry about it!

You mean I've been terrorizing merchants for nothing?? (I'm good at Terror).

"Compliance" it says.

I don't know what that means, but it would be some credit card you could put $104k on.

I

I believe that Compliance means it was caught by the CJ Fraud Dept. I guess that sale showed up as a "substantial" difference (I'LL say!) from the normal EPC, so they decided to check it out! LOL...

PS. Yes, if you've been terrorizing the merchants just to get the excuse, you have indeed been terrorizing them for nothing. But it may be good anyway--if what they say doesn't match what the Red Bar Popup says, Wham! Flamethrower time!

the check fairy is not a myth, i've been shagging her behind your backs for some considerable time now

i'm glad i'm not the only person here that thinks "pump up the balance" is a computer game

icicle, the *real* reason they reversed it was *revenge* because of that nasty email you sent them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Makes me wonder if the person who was terrorized by your email decided to click on one of your links and make a perchase... no, they wouldn't do that... would they?

Ray

Lol Ray!

I got a sale with Strawberry today for $3,030. Not as grand as Icy.

Cross Fingers. Do you guys think it will stick til Monday?

I had one for $700 that stuck the other day, but it was split into two almost equal sales a minute apart.

I've been expecting one to get reversed as a mistake, but if its going to happen they'll probably get the stuff way before the credit card bill and they might keep it.

I

I had a $500 sale on Friday with a new merchant. Hopefully it will stick. The biggest one so far is $1,100 - and thank Goodness, that 10% commission is in my bank
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

These 2 days are kinda slow though, especially today. Is it because of Cinco de Mayo?

AT,
    yeah these past 2 days has been quite slow, esp. the hits. What's Cinco de Mayo?

Is it advisable to email the merchant and ask if the sale is legit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast