PPC google, yahoo or msn?
    I am thinking of running ppc campaign to drive traffic to my site..now i just want to know should i go with google, yahoo or msn..plz share your experince...also should i drive traffic to my domain main page(homepage) or it should be for the merchants product page...i have almost 40 merchants on my site and am using datafeeds...so i dont think it will be a gr8 idea to do ppc for each individual product page....plz guide me here...thanx in advance to all who reply to this post with some suggestions.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Perhaps start with Google - it is far easier to set up and work with. Yahoo is effective but it the interface is about 20 times more difficult to deal with plus with Yahoo you must commit to a min of I believe $50 or $100. I was just trying to modify some descriptions in Yahoo ppc and it would not allow me to. I email them and they say the listings are still pending, even though they were submitted nearly 2 months ago. I saw no notices to the effect that they were pending. I get the feeling that Yahoo deliberately makes their interface complex so people will pay them the extra bucks to manage their listings. My patience is wearing thin with yahoo ppc.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Question Very difficult question
    Which PPC to use will vary by industry.

Landing pages should bring the user closer to the BUY buttom.

adwords will, in most cases, require you to land on your site 1st.

But the big issue is ROI and for that you'll have to spend money to test it for yourself.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Note: Yahoo did away with the monthly minimum spend recently.
    Warning: Make sure you use budget / spend limit features at Google or Yahoo.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Also, important difference:

Google charges you after the clicks, with Yahoo you set a budget and your card is charged in advance.

Also What about MSN..dont they have a ppc program???

MSN has just started running a similar product http://advertising.msn.com . I still think Google and Yahoo are better to use. Because of more market domination and more places for your ad to appear.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

We've had great success (great ROI, that is) with Google and Overture (Yahoo now). I also believe you can still get a standard 50 bucks credit (for FREE) at many hosting and comparison shopping places...

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    id2k,

When running PPC campaigns you want to do a lot of testing to make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck. You may want to test which keywords get the most clicks and the best conversions. Try very specific keywords as well as more broad ones, I think you will find that your results will vary greatly.
    After you run these kinds of tests you will obviously want to use the keywords and the engines that are the most cost effective. The world of PPC is an ever-changing one and you will want to stay on top of your campaigns.

Be sure to track your spending all the way to the sales stage. Some keyphrases bring in a lot of clicks but little sales. The trick is to find phrases that bring in sales and not necessarily the highest clicks. Track, track and did I say track... down to the keyword phrase.

thnx evevrybody who took time out to reply to my post...the replies were a good help and gave a fair insight to the ppc stuff...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread