My Sites and Richard Nixon
    Just like Nixon took the USA off the gold standard, starting today and from this point forward all of my new sites will only have shareasale merchants on them. I am in a way taking my sites off the gold standard if you want to call it that. Maybe I am actually putting them on the Gold standard. I should of done this a while ago.

My sites that have all the other networks will start to come down and change as soon as I retro fit the sites. Of course the ones that will stay will be andys chris and partnercentric links and any other parasite free merchants that I currently have up.

I am actually going to drop merchants that I currently make some money with at the other networks.

Vinny
    Last edited by nyfalcon; October 26th, 2005 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

NYFalcon. I feel the same also and I am going to wait tell after Christmas. After that I am going not going to take my site apart but going to keep the merchants less the network link. This will mean all links will go directly to the merchants site. I then will email them and try something differant.The BULLSIT comes to END! Watch the reply's now!

ABW Ambassador
    What about indie merchants, fellows?

ABW Ambassador
    "After that I am going not going to take my site apart but going to keep the merchants less the network link. This will mean all links will go directly to the merchants site. I then will email them and try something differant.The BULLSIT comes to END! Watch the reply's now!"

What? So you're going to send the network merchants free traffic?

Yep! It's free now. I don't get nothing .The Networks do and I can prove that and so can a lot of others who post here but they won't admit it. One gets tired of all the excuses . It's time to take a stance. If you aren't getting paid then why should you go thru a network? They get paid.

Passing through, reading ... another brainfart popped out ( hate it sometimes when that happens!).
    I just glanced through some of the SAS "uptime" history and saw again several "offline due to .."
    Not sure about now but time was that when this occurred ( no funds) in the past, a little note pops up saying they are "unavailble".
    Wasted link, click, time, effort etc .... but at least they didn't get the visitor.
    To all involved, lost funds ... or at least potential funds.

But what if ( if still the same scenario exists) ....
    SAS were to help the affiliate, and hence themselves, monetize the lost click? What if they had a background PPC for similar merchants? What if they also had a field for the affiliates adsense account?
    This could be most interesting. Instead of an "unavailable" statement and a lost visitor, internal PPC opportunities and/or adsense would be presented along with the "unavailable" statement.
    Granted, "Freds Hosting" could not bid for "Kates Hosting" but simply for traffic in the category "hosting".
    The affiliate would still stand a chance for income, the user would still have a chance to find what they were looking for, the "available" merchants would have the opportunity for additional traffic, SAS could make a lick, the "unavailable" merchant would have the incentive to maintain funds to prevent their competitors from being "available" when they were not .... seems like a win/win situation?
    No wasted efforts, no wasted visitors.

Cozy they do have something like that you can set a default page on your site when a merchant is low on funds. It is in the acount settings page
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    What are you talking about mailman? Not following anything you've posted. What do you mean you're not getting paid? If you put up straight links to merchants instead of links with your affiiliate id, you'll surely not get paid anything. I'm sure the merchants would love that, free traffic. Doesn't make any sense.

If you notice there are a lot of merchants posting here that there are a lot of tracking issues. I will start with eliminating the network and then the merchants. Maybe this will start some positive action re tracking.

NYFalcon, what about your adsense? Surely your not removing those ads?

PS. Falcons still looking good this year, surely they can't have a winning team 2 years in a row....

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar

best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Marty the falcons are looking good, I havent been to a game yet. Been selling the tickets on ebay and making a small fortune on them. Only planning on two games tampa and carolina on new years day.

Yes adsense will stay but I no longer mention those words in forums, Actually chickta and some others are surpassing in that category. Same format just a new player in the game. Watch for my ebook for $999.99 that will explain it alll lol

Ms Carolyn ~
    50,000 pages being made a we speak would you like to name the domain. I need to send you an email let you know whats up. Think christmas 2007

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    heck yeah!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread