Earn anything from it? :confused:

I did. I got maybe 3 sales from it and they were all reversed. Also, it is so easy to lose your traffic because LinkJump has codes for themselves all over the place. It ain't worth it.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just another affiliate scripters posing as a merchant. Most your traffic gets redirected to their own affiliate coded links on all pages and the database is full of dead merchants at CJ. They have a copycat program for LS and BF merchants who don't convert worth a hoot.

Nope

LinkJump has been totally revamped. The site was re-designed basically because of the problem that Mklangl mentioned. We tried to incorporate our member's feedback into our new design.

Basically, it's like this. The fee for a Standard LinkJump site was $4.95 (now it's free) per month. If a members account was inactive, there site would automatically redirect to the default LinkJump site. If we simply removed the members tracking ID from the links, the end user would get an error message from CJ indicating an invalid link. We felt that such messages would cause the member to lose the customer forever, even if the member re-activated their LinkJump account. Since membership is now free, this problem doesn't exist any more.

Links now open new windows, which eliminates the possibility of the wrong tracking ID being inserted in links. Links also have expiration dates. Hopefully, that will help to eliminate "dead" links throughout the site.

As far as reversals go, I think every CJ affiliate suffers with that problem. There's nothing we can do about that.

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf,
    Have you thought about building your own. With a database, you can make management of that many links easier. In fact, I think you already have the software you need (if I recall correctly). The way ours is set up, I can get new merchants in very quickly by filling out a few fields in a form. You will have to check CJ and see who is deactivated, but then it is easy to pull those down as well.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread