Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    Thumbs down Anyone else SPAMMED by gemologica?
    Hi UncleScooter,

I would like to personally invite you to join the Gemologica.com Affiliate Program. We are dedicated to building the best jewelry affiliate program online and since you are an active and well respected member in the ABestWeb community, I would love to have your participation in our program. We feel that the best matching categories or types of content for Gemologica.com are: fine jewelry, shopping, fashion, accessories, women’s portals, men's portals, gifts and gift guides, etc. Do you currently have any websites that would be a good fit for us or do you have any interest in starting one?

Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about our program and I will be happy to send you more information.
    Gemologica.com - A Fine Jewelry Store
    http://www.gemologica.com
    affiliates@gemologica.com
    She has the required number of posts, let the spamming begin.

ABW Ambassador
    oh pity, I guess I'm not well respected

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I got one. Appreciated being called a respected member of ABW. :-) Is this a bad thing? (being invited through PM ... not being a respected member. LOL)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Well I put a stop to that sh!t and closed her announcement thread also.

Man I'm pissed!!!!

See this is why there are rules, don't believe just stay with the freakin rules.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Internet Cowboy
    Haiko does not allow members to PM instantly. You must achieve a certain number of posts. This is to keep people from coming in here and instantly PMing everyone hawking their program.
    I don't have a problem with someone PMing me about their program. My problem comes in where someone who I have never even seen before does this. I have never had a conversation with this person via ABW, never even knew this person existed. As far as I know, this person and I have not even shared posts within the same thread. It is these reasons that this comes across as pure SPAM.
    I have made posts about a specific program before and received a PM from the AM of another program to the effect of "My program does not do this....whatever." This is fine.

So is this an official call to boycott them?

How did she get to PM if she hasn't been around long enough to accrue enough posts?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

It was a special request, she said she wanted to follow up with a few select members not Spam.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It would have seemed more sincere if she'd signed it with her name and title. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    It was a special request, she said she wanted to follow up with a few select members not Spam.
    In other instances it was called

Should be consistant. And you are. Thanks for that.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Whoa - not cool. And Unc Scoot outing her is the only way you found out? Kripes - Desperation does stooooopid stuff.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Unhappy
    I got it as well. I guess some people never learn.

If you want affiliates, why not pay to have a forum here at ABW, and then just tell us about the program? If it's a good one, it will generate topics on its own, and there will be plenty of affiliate interest.

I don't think I want to participate in a program that breaks the rules. Not a good rep to start with.

Andy

I got two ... am I specialer?

specialer .... yeah time for a nap or some mountain dew energy.
    Man I live off that stuff now.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Internet Cowboy
    I think the best way to use ABW to get affiliates is to put your program in your signature and actively participate in discussions. Take a few minutes and make posts that add substance to the conversation.

I have joined many programs from an AM on ABW who brings some insight and original thoughts to the table. Likewise, there are AMs here who seem to be interested in nothing more than creating a large number of posts containing their sig. These are AMs who post three to five word posts much of the time. This is just as bad as spamming in my opinion, but that is not for me to police.

Haiko, thanks for taking care of this one. It was clear to me that she was doing nothing more than abusing her access to the community.

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    My team and I just finished a conversation about this. I told all of them that no matter what, they are to never approach anyone here and PM with their merchant offers.

I just don't think it's right and I have to say I'm kinda pissed this has happened. It gives networks (and merchants) a bad name in general....

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan_ShareResults
    I just don't think it's right and I have to say I'm kinda pissed this has happened. It gives networks (and merchants) a bad name in general....
    No need to be pissed. Merchants and networks are an essential part of the equation that makes ABW work. The occasional idiot is no reflection on you anymore than some fool spamming the board with his affiliate sites in the middle of the night is a reflection on me.

Coincidence? I just got spammed via email for yet another jewelry affiliate program. Maybe it's just the holiday hooplah and high-end merchants are in a dither over getting their share of online sales. Fine by me ... I just send them to my advertising page and tell them to pay me upfront if they want to be on my site. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I only got the one PM. Disregarded it as it is not the season to throw out a new site when I'm already building two and polishing six.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I think the best way to use ABW to get affiliates is to put your program in your signature and actively participate in discussions. Take a few minutes and make posts that add substance to the conversation.
    Exactly! I can tell the obvious but those who do participate get much greater response / signup rate (I'd be safe in stating over a 1,100% increase) of LONG TERM and ACTIVE affiliates.

I have joined many programs from an AM on ABW who brings some insight and original thoughts to the table. Likewise, there are AMs here who seem to be interested in nothing more than creating a large number of posts containing their sig. These are AMs who post three to five word posts much of the time. This is just as bad as spamming in my opinion, but that is not for me to police.
    There is only one that I regret giving a voice to, the others it's pretty obvious and quite frankly this is business and a natutal course of it is to seperate the cream.

Haiko, thanks for taking care of this one. It was clear to me that she was doing nothing more than abusing her access to the community.
    I am soooo Sorry, I really am - you guys know I turn down merchants and networks constantly so I can help protect but I made a bad judgement call on this one and moving forward Rules are rules and that's it. Once again, I'm sorry.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

[QUOTE=Haiko de Poel, Jr.

I am soooo Sorry, I really am - you guys know I turn down merchants and networks constantly so I can help protect but I made a bad judgement call on this one and moving forward Rules are rules and that's it. Once again, I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

Haiko,

I'm sure no one's mad about this at all. Actually gives us all reason not to ever join their program. :-) No worries. We love you.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Haiko,

I'm sure no one's mad about this at all. Actually gives us all reason not to ever join their program. :-) No worries. We love you.
    I agree. I am not at all mad. But I ain't gonna kiss ya

Oh go ahead! All it takes is a click of your mouse Unc!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Trust me ... I'm OK with that Scootmeister!

But, I still Luv ya! In fact, I think even more now, LOL!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

TY Rexxie, your support means alot to me.

BTW, I am still sorry so more kisses Michelle isn't looking LOL
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    If you want affiliates, why not pay to have a forum here at ABW, and then just tell us about the program?
    Aside from what Scoot said about sigs and meaningful participation, if you are wanting a more quick response to mkaing your program known, why not pay for the $50 announcement???

If a Merchant is too cheap to pay 50 bucks to announce their program and resorts to board spamming insted, no wwwayyyyyyyyy would I promote them. If they are that cheap about getting the word out about their program, what in the world are they going to be like with the running of their program. And when they combine that degree of tightwadness with spamming, I have serious concerns about how they manage their program in general.

But I have to say it does separate the cream from the curdle. There is more than one here that has shown true colors here that I may have learned about the hard way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast