Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Linkshare Affiliate News
    A question for the LS affiliates,

Do you read the Linkshare affiliate newsletter regularly? Do you find it useful, timely and as offering new information that you act upon?

I usually see the first paragraph of happytalk and stop reading right there.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    It's currently one of 1218 pieces of email (not including spam or junk mail) in my inbox that needs to be dealt with ... hopefully if/when I get aournd to reading it, it will still be relevant and offer something worthwhile. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    RSS version would be awfully nice to have
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    I'd probably skip the email newsletter or it might just end up in the junk mail with most of my emails anyway.

I would probably read it if it were in RSS

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I actually skim through it, but rarely find anything that 'enlightens' me, or makes me linger for any extended period of time.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I always read it, but I can't remember the last time it was really helpful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ditto what Michael said.

Now, an email from a personally assigned account representative always gets my attention (like I get at CJ...hint, hint LS).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

You mean they have a newsletter? I must check my SPAM folder

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Ron, we have hundreds of affiliates with a personally assigned LinkShare Account Manager. Those Account Managers contact their affiliates with new opportunities - both by phone and email. As is the case in other networks, the assignment of a specific AM is based on the amount of revenue the affiliate is generating with LinkShare. In some cases with smaller revenue producing affiliates, we also factor in what we see as future potential with that affiliate.

Kelli

Well, I have only been called once by an LS Account Manager in regards to one of my merchants. I was not in so he left me a voice mail. It was VERY evident he was just going down a list and calling the affiliates for this merchant as I could tell he had never looked at any of my sites. He was suggesting I put links up to this merchant (one of my top LS merchants by the way) on my home page. Well, I have dozens of sites and about eight of them are deciated sites for this merchant with nothing but their links and products on thousands of pages. There are no other merchants on these pages.

That call was totally worthless and I contacted the merchant to let them know what the LS account manager was doing.

My CJ account manager contacted me first to start a dialouge and to determine how I do things, THEN visited my sites to suggest opportunities and changes.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

That's been my exact experience, too, Ron. I get calls all the time from LinkShare Account Reps who are pushing various programs, but it's obvious that few of them have even looked at my sites. I've even had them call me the wrong name or name the wrong site, which makes it even more obvious that they're working a list (and are on the wrong line).

With CJ, on the other hand, the account reps I've talked to have obviously put in some time understanding my sites, my top merchants, and other things like that. The suggestions they've had for me have been well chosen. They also seek out my advice on CJ features that would be helpful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Well, if long time affiliates like you and I have experienced this, just imagine how many hundreds of other affiliates this has happened to.

What really irritated my merchant is that they said they pay LS for this service, that of having account managers call their affiliates, and they were deeply disturbed at the way this was being handled. It was not at all as had been explained to them.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron & Michael,
    I'll certainly pass your feedback onto our Merchant account team. The assigned reps I'm talking about are on the affiliate side and part of my group. My Affiliate Managers do indeed spend time trying to understand their affiliates' needs and businesses in order to recommend the right type of opportunities for their business. I get a lot of positive feedback on a regular basis from many of the affiliates assigned to Managers on my team. We've been able to help many of them grow their businesses in a significant way.

Kelli

Guess Michael and I have just not reached that magic level where we get to deal with your special team of affiliate managers. Well, at least I have not. But since I am currently not accepting or joining any new merchants at LS, it would probably not behoove any of us to do that in the future. I was referring to the past, anyway.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

All I get is a little email every now and then from an LS rep on programs they think I should join. I had an account manager - Rebecca - won't give her last name, just in case, that was actually very pleasant to deal with, and knew my site and what would fit. However, that was the one time. All other times I get emails saying I should promote lawnmowers on my site because it's a good fit. I don't know about you, but I do not keep a lawnmower in MY make up case... This is an exaggerated example of course, but you get my point.

edited because I am still bitter.
    Will say this.

THe newsletter doesn't get read.
    It rarely had anything usefull when major stuff was going down, everytime I have looked since, nothings changed.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Approvals
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Ron & Michael,
    I'll certainly pass your feedback onto our Merchant account team. The assigned reps I'm talking about are on the affiliate side and part of my group. My Affiliate Managers do indeed spend time trying to understand their affiliates' needs and businesses in order to recommend the right type of opportunities for their business. I get a lot of positive feedback on a regular basis from many of the affiliates assigned to Managers on my team. We've been able to help many of them grow their businesses in a significant way.

Kelli
    I started with LS,added 5 websites since then, over 5 years ago, when one of my merchants Smart Bargains sent a message they were moving to LS, after I had a lot of traffic and sales with them, i applied, and for some reason "DO NOT FIT THEIR CONDITIONS'', WHY? I still put my pants on one leg at a time.I think LS should allow merchants to decide for themselves.Several times in the past, merchants reversed that message.Tell that to the automated reply people.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

ABW Ambassador
    Kelli, just want to let you know I appreciate Kalia's help and the merchandiser team help with the feeds and also the help of the person who sends out the linkshare offers, (is that the linkshare account rep?) who is spot on. Got some great merchants through those emails who were extremely compatible with my sites.

Yes, Kalia has consistently been one of the most supportive people at LS all the years I have been with them.

Give that woman a raise!!!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

jerseyjim,
    All of our merchants do set their own affiliate approval criteria. Some of them will automatically filter out sites who don't meet certain criteria. Others will manually review applicant sites (or ask LinkShare to review for them) based on criteria defined by that merchant. If you would like me to have our SmartBargains account team look into your issue, please PM me with your LinkShare username and email address.

Kelli

The discussion about LinkShare employees with affiliate sites has been split out to the LinkShare Employees with Affiliate Sites? thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks Michael.

To the moderator,since I have so many deep discount merchants,I don't need smart Bargains, they need us.Without affiliates, who would need LS, we do all of the work, pay for the websites,design them,pay of DSL, google, etc.they only pay you.Think about it.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Quote Originally Posted by Sami B - Uncommon Goods
    A question for the LS affiliates,

Do you read the Linkshare affiliate newsletter regularly? Do you find it useful, timely and as offering new information that you act upon?
    Linkshare should spend less time on newsletters and more time on timely payment and timely customer service.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast