Internet Cowboy
    An example of CJ's complete lack of customer service
    I called and asked for Tech. Svcs on October 18th. I asked the guy who answered the phone to add a merchant to my datafeed. He immediately told me that this request had to be done through AAQ. I asked him nicely to do it since AAQ takes so long. He replied that additions requested through AAQ are done within an hour. I sent the request via AAQ 10/18/2005 11:02 AM.

On 10/20/2005, I got this:
    Hello,

This message is to let you know that Commission Junction has not forgotten your question and is still working to provide you with an answer. Although it is not always possible, we hope to respond within the next 24 hours! Thanks for your patience.
    Discussion Thread
    ------------------------------ ---------------------------------
    Customer (xxxxxxx .) - 10/18/2005 11:02 AM
    Please add xxxxxxx to my datafeed push...
    Thank you

Auto-Response - 10/18/2005 11:02 AM
    Thank you for contacting Commission Junction. This is an e-mail confirmation regarding the incident you entered into our system. Incident specifics are as follows...

xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
    10/18/2005 11:02 AM
    Datafeed addition

You should expect a response regarding resolution from Commission Junction within 72 normal business hours. Further details regarding the status of this incident are available by selecting the incident via the "Contact Us" link on the upper right side of the account interface, then choose the "Go" link associated with Question Status.

Replies to this e-mail will not be processed.
    By this time I had used another communication channel to get this done.

Today, I got this:
    Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Commission Junction will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. Client Services Commission Junction, A Valueclick Company

Subject
    Datafeed addition

Discussion Thread
    Response (XXX)10/27/2005 07:04 AM
    XXXXX,

Sorry for the delay in adding the product catalog we had an issue in our system. The update will be in your next feed.

thank you,

XXXXXX
    Todd, CJ, this is ridiculous. Until now I had not bought in to the talk of you basically abandoning the needs of smaller affiliates, but this certainly makes me wonder. If I did not have another channel of communication, this would be 10 days that it took you to do something that the guy I spoke with in Tech. Services could have done while I was on the phone. It would have taken him less than 60 seconds to add this merchant to my datafeed, now it takes 10 days.
    Nice job CJ team! Efficiency at its best!!!

I got that same "we havn't forgotten your question" e-mail yesterday to a question I submitted on monday which I still havn't gotten a reply to. I am hoping that the reason for this is that they are working on the problem... but I doubt it.

I been waiting a week now for them to answer a question. I gave up home 3 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Until now I had not bought in to the talk of you basically abandoning the needs of smaller affiliates, but this certainly makes me wonder.
    I wonder how long everyone is gonna keep wondering.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. In the 3+ years I have been a CJ affiliate, they have NEVER ONCE responded to ANY email in under 3 days.

If they were a brick & mortar business they would have gone under long ago.

CJ does not give a damn about their affiliates, plain and simple. They're kicking back and laughing all the way to the bank as they read what we write about here.

They. Could. Not. Care. Less.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

luckilly i am getting answer just hours away, probably because im always updating questions on the same thread..

I've always got prompt responses to my Datafeed requests. Usually within 24 hours. It's the questions that are unique and sometimes difficult to answer or investigate that they ignore for a long period of time. I'm still waiting on a ticket I submitted a week ago. Hope they get back to me soon!

At least they eventually get to you. I don't think I've had a ticket get completely ignored.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Mines was to complain about a CJ affiliate spamming my site and members with Spam to paydayloans etc. Still no responce

Todd, before you go on your week of vacation, can you address this issue. It seems to be more than a simple oversight by one of your support folks. I've always had fast and good response from AAQ and am thinking there is some issue here that you need to look into and address.

Thanks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Is there anyway to actually speak to someone at CJ?
    [URL=]http://www.intelefone.net/voipvincent[/URL]

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    abandoning the needs of smaller affiliates
    UncleScooter,

I dumped commission junction, and went to some smaller affiliates and in-house programs. Your post says it all but the main reason I left was the invalid links report data they deleted when I reported some suspicious activity. When I left cj, I made it a point not to expect a profit for a few months. This has not happened. I’m already in the ball game and expect a higher profit for this month.

Today I received an email from one of the in-houses telling me that earlier in the month they had problems with a server upgrade and commissions were not properly credited to me and that I would be credited today. The email included name, phone number and extension. Can we ever remember getting that kind of support from cj?

I found the other referrals that I am now using here at AbestWeb, so I didn’t have to go too far to find something I liked – or to get an informed opinion on the good, the bad or the ugly. cj should have realized that publisher support goes hand-in-hand with profits and good business practice but we know the scoop. I won’t talk about ethics. We see what cj is about everyday here. Honestly, UncleScooter, you’re doing cj a favor when you post your comments about their services and support here so keep it up. Everyone will profit eventually – especially cj.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Todd, before you go on your week of vacation, can you address this issue.
    I've never in my life seen someone go on so many vacations. I think it's more of an excuse than anything else.

ABW Ambassador
    Navy Advancement, the merchants are going to credit to you the lost sales even after you left CJ?

There's hope for the rest of us. I really hope my merchants do that too. I left CJ too. The new psa was the last straw.

Before that, I have been extremely suspicious about the tracking. I keep wondering if I would ever see that last check from CJ, let alone the months of commissions I suspect were not properly credited to me.

I thought leaving CJ at this point in time would lead to a huge loss for me as most of my merchants, most of my income once came from CJ, but happily the non cj replacement are picking up the slack... and more.

Below was my first, and last ,AAQ request.

I applaud the service rep for reading my message and for explaning her response. On the other hand, it should be troubling (red flag) to CJ's management that there hr & cs are producing/maintaining service at this level.

Tuan

Customer
    Hi XXXXX,

Just want to confirm this, that the bid must be a winning bid. Below is the definition from eBay's affiliate site, and it does not refer to the bid as being a winning bid:
    http://affiliates.ebay.com/how-affil.../compensation/

* A registration is considered active when the user places a bid on an item or uses BIN to purchase an item on eBay within 30 days of their initial registration. Rates are effective February 1, 2005 and available only via Commission Junction.

Thanks,
    Tuan

Response
    please see that it says when a user places the bid to purchase the item.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyAdvancement
    Your post says it all but the main reason I left was the invalid links report data they deleted when I reported some suspicious activity.
    They are deleting the relation between the merchants and you for clicks that covert into sales just to support their parasitic partners?

Sounds like a serious issue. Better leave my options open and diversify elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    Navy Advancement, the merchants are going to credit to you the lost sales even after you left CJ?

womanht,

No, it’s not a cj member! This is a non-cj merchant I joined after I left cj. They contacted me first about a problem and credited me yesterday with $$. I would never expect this kind of treatment from cj as broke as it is in tracking, support, ethics and other issues. Sorry if I misstated! I am very glad you are doing well. I believe with the choices available out there, and some hard work, cj is not needed whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisg
    They are deleting the relation between the merchants and you for clicks that covert into sales just to support their parasitic partners?

Sounds like a serious issue. Better leave my options open and diversify elsewhere.
    Hi Vaisg,

It wasn’t a merchant but a parasite that was showing up in my invalid links. Todd says they are not parasites but was “prepurposed” (not my words.) It is a parasite – cj just has a different definition of what a parasite is. They used the simple excuse that that domain is not a member of cj; as if the real crooks are going to use the domain they signed up with.

Regardless though, that domain should not have showed up in the report AND whatever cj thinks, they should have never ever deleted that report from the database after I properly reported suspicious activity to them. That was a chance for them to investigate suspicious activity.

Please do leave your options open and diversify!

Quote Originally Posted by TLE
    Response
    please see that it says when a user places the bid to purchase the item.
    ???

Translation? Sounds like Korenglish to me... has CJ joined Dell and Dish Network in outsourcing customer service?
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

This week CJ AAQ says:
    'we hope to respond within 72 normal working hours".

Hmm, quick math:
    72 working hours divided by 8 per day = 9 working days.
    9 working days divided by 5 per week = 1 week and 4 days.
    And that's only a 'hope'.

So they 'hope' to respond within 2 calendar weeks???

Uncle Scooter - If you ask them to automatically add any new merchants you sign-up with to your datafeed list IF they have a datafeed.. CJ will automatically include any new merchants to your datafeed file...

That is what I did and now I don't have to ask anymore...

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread