Thumbs down Newport Nautical is now not nautical on my sites
    They have toooooo much competition not to go on auto deposit! And one of their main SAS competitors finally added a datafeed (needs work, but I'm sure a kind nudge from Carolyn would help ).

No fundy, no clicky.

Wait a minute, did they used to be on Auto Deposit and still ended up off line? Looks like now they are not on Auto Deposit, as the last couple of offline incidents don't say that funds were added via Auto Deposit. But can a merchant end up offline even when on Auto Deposit?

OfflineID Title Date Description
    5546 Tempoarily Offline 10/26/2005 at 6:30:32 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5358 Low Funds 10/24/2005 at 2:11:36 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4153 Online 10/03/2005 at 11:48:48 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds and is OnLine.

4063 Tempoarily Offline 10/01/2005 at 8:34:17 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

3902 Low Funds 09/28/2005 at 9:24:06 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

3426 Online - AutoDeposit 09/19/2005 at 1:06:13 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit to relieve the Low Funds condition.

3425 Low Funds 09/19/2005 at 1:06:11 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

3297 Online - AutoDeposit 09/16/2005 at 11:03:42 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

3296 Tempoarily Offline 09/16/2005 at 11:03:40 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

3295 Low Funds 09/16/2005 at 11:03:40 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

3153 Online - AutoDeposit 09/13/2005 at 10:42:08 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit to relieve the Low Funds condition.

3152 Low Funds 09/13/2005 at 10:42:06 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

2989 Online - AutoDeposit 09/10/2005 at 9:04:26 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

2988 Tempoarily Offline 09/10/2005 at 9:04:24 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

2987 Low Funds 09/10/2005 at 9:04:24 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

2828 Online - AutoDeposit 09/07/2005 at 4:01:30 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit to relieve the Low Funds condition.

2827 Low Funds 09/07/2005 at 4:01:28 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

2367 Online - AutoDeposit 08/29/2005 at 3:48:10 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

2366 Tempoarily Offline 08/29/2005 at 3:48:07 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

2365 Low Funds 08/29/2005 at 3:48:07 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

2239 Online - AutoDeposit 08/26/2005 at 12:34:13 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

2238 Tempoarily Offline 08/26/2005 at 12:34:11 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

2237 Low Funds 08/26/2005 at 12:34:11 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

2049 Online - AutoDeposit 08/23/2005 at 9:53:00 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit to relieve the Low Funds condition.

2048 Low Funds 08/23/2005 at 9:52:58 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

1998 Online - AutoDeposit 08/22/2005 at 8:55:02 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

1997 Tempoarily Offline 08/22/2005 at 8:55:00 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

1996 Low Funds 08/22/2005 at 8:55:00 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

1763 Online - AutoDeposit 08/17/2005 at 4:38:00 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit to relieve the Low Funds condition.

1762 Low Funds 08/17/2005 at 4:37:57 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

1740 Online - AutoDeposit 08/17/2005 at 10:52:42 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

1739 Tempoarily Offline 08/17/2005 at 10:52:39 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

1738 Low Funds 08/17/2005 at 10:52:39 AM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

1177 Online - AutoDeposit 08/06/2005 at 6:15:51 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit to relieve the Low Funds condition.

1176 Low Funds 08/06/2005 at 6:15:46 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

294 Online 07/20/2005 at 12:23:28 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds and is OnLine.

279 Tempoarily Offline 07/19/2005 at 9:29:49 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

278 Low Funds 07/19/2005 at 9:29:49 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

150 Online - AutoDeposit 07/17/2005 at 9:26:00 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

149 Tempoarily Offline 07/17/2005 at 9:26:00 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.

148 Low Funds 07/17/2005 at 9:26:00 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has a status of Low Funds.

Offline History statistics began calculation on July 17th, 2005. Information prior to that date will not show present.

A merchant can still show low funds even with auto-deposit activated! I've noticed this happen a couple of times. However, it seems to only happen when a merchant approves an affiliate for FTP access to the datafeed...

It costs the merchant a flat fee for every affiliate approved. If the merchant is currently just above their minimum threshold, a couple of FTP access approvals can knock the merchant into a "Low Funds" status. Because this is a manual process, the auto-deposit does not activate new funds into the account. I doubt this happens often, but it is certainly a possibility with the merchant in question.

Now can this cause a merchant to go offline? probably not... I'm guessing this merchant removed auto-deposit (which is odd!).
    Bart at <A HREF=http://www.modernartisans.com>Modern Artisans</A>... Artful Living for Home, Garden & Soul.
    <A HREF=https://shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=4349>Shareasale Affiliate Program</A>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    can a merchant end up offline even when on Auto Deposit?
    In one particular scenario I can think of, yes, they could. If the merchant's CC is maxed, SAS's charge attempt would be declined. Then, the merchant would end up offline if they didn't provide a nonmaxed CC# before all the funds in their SAS account were used up.

this is silly... why dont these merchants get with the times... and use a bank card... to debit funds directly from their bank account...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hm, I don't work with them directly...but I'll certainly reach out and make the auto-deposit recommendation! In my opinion, a merchant knows they have hit the big-time when they need auto-deposit...that means they've got rockin' affiliates!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    this is silly... why dont these merchants get with the times... and use a bank card... to debit funds directly from their bank account...

JOe
    Good idea...can I borrow your bank card number?

Is there any other news about Newport Nautical Decor? I'm thinking of joining.
    I don't understand it either when a company shows low funds. Why do they run a program if they have no cash ready to pay? And to allow their program to go offline is almost a sure sign they don't really care about their affiliates. Has anyone contacted them or invited them here? Who's the manager?

It's things like this that I'm also trying to wrap my brain around:
    2367 Online - AutoDeposit 08/29/2005 at 3:48:10 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has added funds via AutoDeposit and is OnLine.

2366 Tempoarily Offline 08/29/2005 at 3:48:07 PM Merchant Newport Nautical Decor, Inc. has gone offline due to lack of funds.
    I realize it's all of three seconds, but does this mean that for those three seconds an Auto Deposit merchant is offline?

@Carolyn, actually, I meant a nudge to Everything Nautical about getting their datafeed up to spec. Newport Nautical obviously DID have auto deposit and decided to remove it sometime within the last month or so. They've been offline twice this month alone, for at least two days at a time. Tis not the season for me to have to play "comment out the section" with such a merchant. Links that could be replaced with EverythingNautical were, and others had to get temporarily relegated back to CJ merchants unfortunately.

@my2cents, actually, my company CC has LOTS more room on it than there is cash in my business account right now.

@Leader, ah, that makes (sad) sense.

@ModernArtisans, oh, well I really ought to thank the merchants who approved my FTP access! And now I feel kinda guilty about the ones I have yet to get to really marketing who approved my FTP access.

Hello,

I'm the owner of Newport Nautical Decor and am not affiliated with Black Forest Decor. I am taking care of the affiliate program myself instead of having an employee in charge of it. The reason is that it should be going a lot better. I apologize if you did not have luck with our program. I will look into the possibility of any problems but we have had some commission payments but just not that many. I do wish that you contacted us if you thought there was a problem, but I do understand your concerns. Like I said, I will take care of everything on my own now. That's one reason I just joined abestweb

I do remember there were some problems with auto deposit, but we have never had a cash flow problem. If the funds were low then we would add more in. We are on auto deposit now

fyi, we are getting a lot of sales and adding a lot of very nice products. Right now bedding is selling very well. We had 5 orders this week ranging from $280-$1200.

Thank you,
    Edward

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread