eBay Question.
    Hi,
    Im new to the ebay system i have few questions:

1. How can you see which auction your commision came from?
    Where do i see the auction number?

2. I have a "BIN" sale inmy reports but the commision on it is zero. When will i see the commision on this "BIN"?

Thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8
    1. How can you see which auction your commision came from?
    Where do i see the auction number?
    You have to download the report to Excel or another format to get all the data. The auction number is in the Order_ID column. The first number is a unique number identifying the the bidder. The second number (after the ";") is the auction id number, which you can look up at eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8
    2. I have a "BIN" sale inmy reports but the commision on it is zero. When will i see the commision on this "BIN"?
    "Winning Bids" are usually posted the day after the auction closed. So if your BIN was yesterday, sometime this evening it will be posted with yesterday as the Event Date.

Thank you Tracy.

I thought that we got paid for every bid? Do we get paid more for winning bids and buy it now?

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Yes what, they changed it, early this month actually. It used to be you got a dime a bid, now you get 40% of what ebay collected for the winning bid. (If the winning bidder came from your site.) Most of the time, that amount is much higher than a dime.

To clarify, in exchange for the higher revenue share, you ONLY get paid for winning bids and BINs; nonwinning bids generate no revenue.

Also, the commission for ACRUs (registrations) was lowered from $20 to $12 per (at the lowest tier).

Thus far, most people that I've seen posting, myself included, are seeing higher revenue under the new model. However, there are acknowledged errors in the tracking under the new system.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Is there a way to look up multiple item numbers andd get the returns in a list, like in the My Ebay area? It seems like a very time consuming process. Any ideas to streamline it?

Thanks
    Mel

thanks for the reply guys. I guess getting paid 40% of the winning bid is ok, not great though.

You can get up to 70% and not just 40%.
    So far the amount of bids i got my commisions with the new progrem are much hiegher.

I will make half as much this month under the new system as I did last month under the old one.

And for people who think they are "making more" under the new system than the old one, I think it's important to remember that A) October is a much busier shopping month at Ebay than September and B) business for the month of September was largely ruined by hurricanes Katrina and Rita...Hurricane Wilma had a slight effect in October but nothing like Katrina the first10 days of September.

I really think it depends on the type of site(s) in question.

I know that many people here create sites for the sole purpose of driving traffic to affiliates, i.e., the web sites really serve no other purpose. The sites are not content rich, and only exist as a means to drive traffic to one affiliate or another. Traffic is garnered by buying search engine traffic, or adwords, etc.

Then there are content-rich sites; those sites that, in addition to their primary purpose(s) also have affiliate links. People come to these sites for the content, and may click on affiliate links while they are there, but that is not the primary reason for visiting the site.

Granted, I am generalizing greatly when I distinguish between the two categories, and that's just *my* interpretation. I make no apologies when I say that I greatly dislike the first category, as very much of the garbage that clutters up search engines are sites like these. Zero content, just loads of merchant links and listings; well-honed and targeted product lists.

But, as long as there is money to be made by these types of sites, they will be with us. I don't begrudge the people that create these pages as their livelihood (probably the majority of people here), I just know that I end up vocalizing a blue streak every time I'm trying to search for real information, only to end up with a host of merchant portal pages...

My site falls into the latter of the two categories, and I know that much of my traffic is repeat traffic rather than first-time visitors. My sites have a small but very loyal viewership. For me, this switch to revenue share has been a huge boost. Obviously the numbers are not completely in yet for October, but I'm looking at roughly 160% of my previously highest month with Ebay.

To me that is significant.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

what happens with buy it nows?

Quote Originally Posted by cjwhistleblower
    I will make half as much this month under the new system as I did last month under the old one.
    This is probably true if you have a site designed as dharding described as one that is not content-rich, designed to attract repeat visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by cjwhistleblower
    And for people who think they are "making more" under the new system than the old one, I think it's important to remember that A) October is a much busier shopping month at Ebay than September and B) business for the month of September was largely ruined by hurricanes Katrina and Rita...Hurricane Wilma had a slight effect in October but nothing like Katrina the first10 days of September.
    I don't THINK I'm making more, I KNOW I'm making more from the new system. In October I had 625 Bids/BINs initiated, and 24 active registrations. If the old system was in place, I would have earned $542.50, but instead I earned $611.50. May $69 isn't a lot more, but it is still more.

Quote Originally Posted by whatnoob
    what happens with buy it nows?
    Same thing as bids. What seems to be confusing most people is the fact that when the "Winning Bids" are posted, they all say "Winning Bid." The one action title includes both Bids and BINs. You have to actually look up each individual item at eBay to find out if the purchase was the result of a bid or BIN because they all fall under the one "Winning Bid" umbrella.

Thanks Tracy for your help!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread