Can a non-get-rich-book sell on Clickbank?
    I have written magazine articles and handbooks, etc in a previous life. I enjoy writing, and my editors and publishers have liked my style. Now just for fun and hopefully some cash, I thought I'd write a couple of ebooks.

No internet marketing, no get rich quick, just plain ol' how-to on other subjects in which I have acquired in-depth expertise. What is the opinion of the group here? Do ebooks unrelated to internet marketing do well?

I've seen a few comments here indicating a negative connotation of ebooks in general and ClickBank in particular. Would selling an ebook on ClickBank tarnish my reputation as being some sort of hukster?

NO! one of the things to come from the rash of get rich quick trashy ebooks... has been niche ebooks.. content membership websites are springing up like weeds offering niche content specific articles and ebooks.. there are some who are doing quite well with it...

Health ebooks seem to be hot right now... I'm having some success in this niche when mixed with health products, ie: vitamins, supplements, etc..

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Thanks, 2cents. I've been thinking about this for a long time. My idea would be to publish an ebook which contains a link or two to some of my affiliate sites. Seems like what many others do.

Does it make sense to charge money for an ebook that has a link back to your own site? Should a paid-for ebook be free of links? Or should you give it away free in the hope that you can sell something?

I've had trouble finding merchants that offer products directly related to my subjects. My best prospect apparently got totally wiped out by hurricane Rita. Haven't heard from them since the storm. I wish them the best, and hope they recover.

My knowledge of health subjects is what the doc's always tell me. Stop doing everything that's fun. No smoking, no drinking, no staying up late, stop chasing women, eat tofu and flax seed, and go jogging every day. Maybe I could make an ebook out of that.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I do pretty well with Clickbank digital product that isn't Internet or get rich related. Go for it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'm going for it
    Thanks, Rexanne. I guess I will go for it. My first book needs a little polish, Don't have much time for it right now, though. Managing sites for holidays takes it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by raywood1
    Thanks, Rexanne. I guess I will go for it. My first book needs a little polish, Don't have much time for it right now, though. Managing sites for holidays takes it all up.
    I understand the time issue until after the holidays. :-)

If you need a good editor to look over your book before you go public with it, I know one. She's the best ... doesn't change anything just cleans up grammar, weird sentence structure, etc. Makes everything read a lot better. I'd look like an idiot without her. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

What does your sales page look like?
    Rexanne and 2cents, Thanks for the encouragement. Do you use one of those single page long sales letters, or do you present your product more subtly?

I suspect that those hype pages are pretty effective for some niches. I'm just a little worried if a non-get-rich book should go for the "Amazing Secrets Revealed" approach.

Rexanne and 2cents, Thanks for the encouragement. Do you use one of those single page long sales letters, or do you present your product more subtly?

I suspect that those hype pages are pretty effective for some niches. I'm just a little worried if a non-get-rich book should go for the "Amazing Secrets Revealed" approach.
    Oh dear ... this is one for the masters of marketing ... depending on what your ebook is about, 'write a passionate landing page, telling potential buyers what the ebook can do for them and lising benefits in bulleted format' seems to be the consensus. I'd look at the top selling products in your niche at Clickbank and see what they're doing on the landing pages.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I'd do a split campaign... and see which page converted better...

One of the things I have found.. is conversion is based on the mind set of the viewer...

you can send out your massage via email to several different groups within the same niche group and get very different results...

like wise.. if you are doing PPC you will find different conversion ratio for your message on Google, yahoo, and msn because they have very different audiences all looking for the same stuff...

the same is true for organic search...

Joe

My knowledge of health subjects is what the doc's always tell me. Stop doing everything that's fun. No smoking, no drinking, no staying up late, stop chasing women, eat tofu and flax seed, and go jogging every day. Maybe I could make an ebook out of that.
    who in there right mind wants to eat flax seed... isnt that bird food?

as for jogging, the only joggin i do to is the table..

I just joined CB and the input in this thread sounds positive. I have medical pages on my site and tomorrow I will add some of the health ebook links to see how it goes. Personally, I like the links and they look like they will bring sales. I have a more positive feeling now, thanks to all of you.

Yes, other ebooks do very well
    Hi,

other than get rich ebooks are doing extremly well. Some of the better
    niches are: seduction, hypnosis, influence, spirituality, self help (improvement),
    home remedys... I've seen quite some books on self defense
    etc. Just go through the marketplace and check up the stats.

Would selling an ebook on ClickBank tarnish my reputation as being
    some sort of hukster?
    Probably the only way to become a known as a hukstler would be selling trash.
    Avoid that and you should do fine. I've bought countles exellent
    books on ClickBank. Some were trash -- I just don't buy from those guys
    again.

I've noticed that the new big thing is audio ebooks (.MP3). All the gurus are
    doing it now (just as I was about to -- and probably will). Also interviews
    with some successful guys could be a good thing to sell.

I've seen a new approach recently: instead of gurus, people interview
    everyday people that are just starting to succeed or are doing fine rather
    than exellent. Don't ever limit yourself!

People are getting used to hyped sales letters in the most "popular" niches,
    but in some others it might work exceptionally well.

I agree with Rexanne: benefits, benefits, benefits.

Hope this helped

Is there a program or website that tells you what is good at clickbank to promote. I know they have a in house rating system. Although some stuff do sell good, others I believe are full of hype, so what to believe?
    [URL=]http://www.intelefone.net/voipvincent[/URL]

OF COURSE!

Non get-rich-quick ebooks sell, and they sell very well I might add.

Advice: You should try and make an ebook about weight loss or some other health related topic. Why? Because it's a new year now and people are thinking about their resolutions and many want to lose weight or stop smoking, for example. eBooks related to those topics sell like hotcakes this time of year.

Just my 2 cents.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread