TravelNow eclusivity clause?
    I read under the terms that they don't allow to show other related competing sites. I'm planning on using them in search results with different hotel booking sites. Do they allow exceptions? Thanks.

I've found it's always worthwhile to ask merchants for clarification and/or exceptions when they list terms that you can't agree to. Whether they say yes or no, it's good to get things clear before you invest any time and/or money into promoting them. It also helps them to understand why the specific terms aren't desirable.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

some time ago I had several travel sites showing and looked at Travelocity. They had a non-compete clause that listed four or five places they didn't want to see on the same page.

later on they bought one of their competitors but let them run under their original name. I had an affiliateship with the (former) competitor. I asked them immediately what the policy was since they were part of Travelocity and they agreed that it would change our relationship.

UKJ
    I was in your same boat once, my travel site couldn't be for just one merchant then I found EasyClickTravel.com and generate hotel search results using Goldencan. visit the Easy Click Travel forum here you may like it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    UKJ
    I was in your same boat once, my travel site couldn't be for just one merchant then I found EasyClickTravel.com and generate hotel search results using Goldencan. visit the Easy Click Travel forum here you may like it.
    UKJ,

Welcome to ABW....

We don't play the exclusivity game, we let our conversions and our program help define who gets the best real estate on your travel pages. I invite you to join us and see for yourself....

You can sign up with the link on my signature....

Again, welcome onboard...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Internet Cowboy
    A merchant who demands exclusivity is not worth promoting unless they pay you a slotting fee or a guaranteed monthly commission level.

Exclusivity is usually put into agreements by the legal staff. Unusually, they will be waved if your are bring the merchant good business.

Is the affiliate manager of TravelNow still posting on this board? I saw her post was still from last year.

Affiliate Manager
    I no longer take care of the Account Management side of the business- so I'm not in here as frequently (you can see the job opening for that part of my job from last year in here :-)

I'd recommend talking to a salesperson about your situation. The clause is there for legal reasons and may be negotiated out depending on your situation. let me know if you need a contact in sales- just shoot me your name and email and any other details you'd like me to pass on.

as a reminder, our parent company is Expedia, Inc- which means Expedia, Trip Advisor, hotels.com and Hotwire are all sister companies.

I miss-spoke in a previous posting: it was Expedia with the restriction. They named four or five companies they wouldn't want to see on the same page. I assume any company under them would have inherited the restriction.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread