American Express?
    Does anyone do any promotions with them?

We seem to be getting a lot of clicks but very, very few conversions relative to Discover, Citi, and other credit card offers. Was this related to the downtime mentioned in the other posts for Linkshare?

Thanks,

Alex

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by rampguy
    Does anyone do any promotions with them?

We seem to be getting a lot of clicks but very, very few conversions relative to Discover, Citi, and other credit card offers. Was this related to the downtime mentioned in the other posts for Linkshare?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi, All,

I have a software related web site.

I have a Computer Geeks credit card banner on my site but I don't get a lot of action from it so far.

I have been thinking of adding a major credit card company to my site.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which major credit card company converts the best?

Also, which major credit card companies will take a chance on a software related web site?

Of course, which credit card companies to avoid?

Thanks!!

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

It's not too hard to get approved as a site, but many of the cards only accept users with near-perfect credit. So you might have a card that pays $60 per signup but gets almost 0 approvals for your traffic.

Consider adding some student cards or prepaid (secured) cards if your traffic does not have a high credit rating. (You would figure this out if you have a lot of clicks to the campaign but almost no approvals).

We have had good luck with Citi and American Express, but our users are generally well-targeted and with good credit.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by RadarCat

Hi, All,

I have a software related web site.

I have a Computer Geeks credit card banner on my site but I don't get a lot of action from it so far.

I have been thinking of adding a major credit card company to my site.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which major credit card company converts the best?

Also, which major credit card companies will take a chance on a software related web site?

Of course, which credit card companies to avoid?

Thanks!!

RadarCat, Webmaster

On a related note, anyone care to comment on what Amex's payment record is? Do they pay on time, late, never, etc?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by rampguy
    It's not too hard to get approved as a site, but many of the cards only accept users with near-perfect credit. So you might have a card that pays $60 per signup but gets almost 0 approvals for your traffic.

Consider adding some student cards or prepaid (secured) cards if your traffic does not have a high credit rating. (You would figure this out if you have a lot of clicks to the campaign but almost no approvals).

We have had good luck with Citi and American Express, but our users are generally well-targeted and with good credit.

Alex

Thanks, Rampguy,

Adding a credit card company to my web site is a first for me as I already had Computer Geeks on board when they came out with their Computer Geeks credit card.

Although the majority of my visitors are from the United States, I do get visitors from a LOT of different countries.

My visitors are OS/2 Warp software guys who apparently like to build and repair their own machines as best as I can tell. What their credit ratings generally are I can't really say but OS/2 Warp guys have a reputation for having money.

I wonder what card would be useful for Europeans, Canadians and Australians?

Hope you find that magic merchant with the magic product, Rampguy!!

Thanks, again!!

RadarCat, Webmaster

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread