Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    66
    American Express?
    Does anyone do any promotions with them?

    We seem to be getting a lot of clicks but very, very few conversions relative to Discover, Citi, and other credit card offers. Was this related to the downtime mentioned in the other posts for Linkshare?

    Thanks,

    Alex

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by rampguy
    Does anyone do any promotions with them?

    We seem to be getting a lot of clicks but very, very few conversions relative to Discover, Citi, and other credit card offers. Was this related to the downtime mentioned in the other posts for Linkshare?

    Thanks,

    Alex


    Hi, All,

    I have a software related web site.

    I have a Computer Geeks credit card banner on my site but I don't get a lot of action from it so far.

    I have been thinking of adding a major credit card company to my site.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on which major credit card company converts the best?

    Also, which major credit card companies will take a chance on a software related web site?

    Of course, which credit card companies to avoid?

    Thanks!!

    RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    66
    It's not too hard to get approved as a site, but many of the cards only accept users with near-perfect credit. So you might have a card that pays $60 per signup but gets almost 0 approvals for your traffic.

    Consider adding some student cards or prepaid (secured) cards if your traffic does not have a high credit rating. (You would figure this out if you have a lot of clicks to the campaign but almost no approvals).

    We have had good luck with Citi and American Express, but our users are generally well-targeted and with good credit.

    Alex

    Quote Originally Posted by RadarCat


    Hi, All,

    I have a software related web site.

    I have a Computer Geeks credit card banner on my site but I don't get a lot of action from it so far.

    I have been thinking of adding a major credit card company to my site.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on which major credit card company converts the best?

    Also, which major credit card companies will take a chance on a software related web site?

    Of course, which credit card companies to avoid?

    Thanks!!

    RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador La_Valette's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2005
    Location
    The Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    841
    On a related note, anyone care to comment on what Amex's payment record is? Do they pay on time, late, never, etc?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by rampguy
    It's not too hard to get approved as a site, but many of the cards only accept users with near-perfect credit. So you might have a card that pays $60 per signup but gets almost 0 approvals for your traffic.

    Consider adding some student cards or prepaid (secured) cards if your traffic does not have a high credit rating. (You would figure this out if you have a lot of clicks to the campaign but almost no approvals).

    We have had good luck with Citi and American Express, but our users are generally well-targeted and with good credit.

    Alex


    Thanks, Rampguy,

    Adding a credit card company to my web site is a first for me as I already had Computer Geeks on board when they came out with their Computer Geeks credit card.

    Although the majority of my visitors are from the United States, I do get visitors from a LOT of different countries.

    My visitors are OS/2 Warp software guys who apparently like to build and repair their own machines as best as I can tell. What their credit ratings generally are I can't really say but OS/2 Warp guys have a reputation for having money.

    I wonder what card would be useful for Europeans, Canadians and Australians?

    Hope you find that magic merchant with the magic product, Rampguy!!

    Thanks, again!!

    RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

  6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. American Express
    By Snowman in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
  2. american express
    By rampguy in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM
  3. American Express
    By donsteitz in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 17th, 2002, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •