Question Affiliates Approval Status Question
    When a merchant clicks the Details link under the name of any affiliate on his/her list, he/she sees a bunch of affiliate details, including an Affiliate's Approval Status category. This category has three 'tickable' options

• Approved
    • Not Approved
    • Declined

What is the difference between Not Approved and Declined?

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I would *guess* that those come into play if you do manual approvals.

It seems that Not Approved would mean, their application is sitting in the queue--you haven't approved them yet, but haven't said "no" either.

Declined would be, you said "no," you didn't want that aff in your program.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

hi geno..non approved means , when a affiliate applies and you have kept the settings to approve him manually and after reviewing his application you decline him its called not approved and when a affiliate is immediatley declined on applying its know as declined....decline criteria can be set by the merchant...

Quote Originally Posted by id2k
    hi geno..non approved means , when a affiliate applies and you have kept the settings to approve him manually and after reviewing his application you decline him its called not approved and when a affiliate is immediatley declined on applying its know as declined....decline criteria can be set by the merchant...
    Thanks, id2k! This makes sense.

Geno

cheers...

Outsourced Program Manager
    I use manual approval and I disagree with Id2k. In Manual there is no automatic decline, ( at least none I know about). When I see a suspect affiliate i leave him as not approved, (pending) I write him and then if he writes back he is then moved to approved.
    If he does not respond.... Declined.

Hey heres an update for you all.

A couple of months ago we got into a discussion concerning dropping affiliates after so many months of no activity. The top affiliates told me to keep track.

Ok, I have been running a bonus campaign for this past 2 months. Achieve three sales and get it. Out of all the past inactive affiliates I got 11 that got a link up. Not to say they made any sales but at least they got a link up. :-)

Pretty dismal results ;-(

I still say that after 6 months or so and no links the chance are about nill that they ever will be active.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I use manual approval and I disagree with Id2k. In Manual there is no automatic decline, ( at least none I know about).
    Well james i never said that in manual there is an automatic decline option....but auto decline option can be set, if the affiliate does not meet the selection criteria set by the merchant the application will be declined...it can be set based on country, epc..etc

Quote Originally Posted by id2k
    Well james i never said that in manual there is an automatic decline option....but auto decline option can be set, if the affiliate does not meet the selection criteria set by the merchant the application will be declined...it can be set based on country, epc..etc
    Yep, I agree with you. Merchants are indeed able to set their own affiliate criteria, at least from my own experience, though i cant vouch that this is always the case.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread