Unhappy Reversals anyone? Boscovs and Zapppos
    Is anyone else is seeing unusually high reversal rates for these two stores lately?

I have a 75% reversal rate for Zappos for the last two months and 63% for Boscovs in October.

I can't speak for Zappos really as they've hardly ever converted for me (out of 3 sales, 2 were reversed!!). From what I've read here at ABW, Zappos has an extremely high reversal rate. I'm surprized at Boscovs though because their reversal rate for me has been extremely low (nothing to get upset about at least!). Are you signed up with Boscovs through BeFree or CJ? I'm signed up with them through both networks - sales at BeFree have stuck, but 1 sale at CJ was reversed.

No 30% with Zappos for me so far. As usual.

30% for Zappos here also..

How long have you been with Zappos? what kind of sales volume are you looking at when you say you are experiencing 75% returns? If you are only making 10-15 sales per month, for example, those returns might be just be a matter of the odds.. Maybe the next 2 months there will be NO returns to average things out. On the other hand, if you are doing 10K or more per month, for example, then you certainly would have a concern..

Please don't feel like I am asking for you to share your numbers with us, but before you discard Zappos because of high returns, make sure the volume you are doing is not the reason why..

I ran zappos once before with similar returns, so I am not really surprised, but Boscovs ( which I have at cj) I am very surprised at, I have had lots of sales and still a high reversal rate

I worked at a Boscov's Brick and Mortar store once upon a time ago, and know that the have a very nice return policy...and usually took anything back. Not saying that has anything to do with reversals.

Also...not sure if the online store has all the "fun" discounts like register roulette, cracker jacks, and all the coupons they hand out. Someone may return and re-purchase for the discount? Just some ideas.

I did get a note back from the affiliate manager at Boscovs ( very promptly which is cool) I am posting the answer here in case anyone else is having issues with reversals.

As you may or may not know, Boscov's has had an affiliate program with BeFree (BFAST) since 2002. In August 2005, we launched a second affiliate program, this time in CJ's network. An issue that was never addressed by CJ during the launch of the 2nd program was that customers may have a cookie from one of our BFAST affiliates as well as a cookie from one of our CJ affiliates. Since we weren't made aware of this ahead of time, no technical fix was made to ensure that only one affiliate got the credit. So, we have been giving commissions to BOTH affiliates when a customer has two. As is standard in the affiliate world, if a customer has several affiliate cookies, the merchant gives the commission to the last cookie. Our technical team has been manually reviewing the logs to determine which affiliate (when two cookies are involved) should get the credit; the duplications/reversals that you've been seeing in your account are due to this issue. A technical fix is going to be in place soon, after extensive testing, to correct this problem in the future. Our objective here is to give credit where credit is due. The reason our duplication/reversal rate at this point is so much higher than most other merchants is that : a) they don't have 2 affiliate programs and/or b) they have a technical fix in place to ensure that only one affiliate gets the commission for each sale. We aplogize for this inconvenience and for the delay in responding to you as we were trying to address the issue and get a fix in place.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread