Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hosting Providers You Promote
    We've had a thread on the best and worst hosting providers here not too long ago. Could we now list any 3 hosting providers deemed worth promoting? I'll start:

• Lunarpages
    • iPowerWeb
    • Globat

Of course, feel free to list any three not worth promoting too (if you wish).

Geno

Not the highest payouts around, but at least they tend to pay and are well thought of in genereal....

• site5
    • hostingzoom
    • hostgator

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    • Lunarpages
    • iPowerWeb
    • Globat
    My own WildWest is my #1 of course

Lunar and IpowerWeb also.. Stopped promoting Globat because of too many adjustments and high pressure sales on the live chat.
    [SIZE=1][URL=http://www.tastelessandtacky.com]Tasteless and Tacky Gear[/URL][/SIZE]

Forgot about mP =(

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by midPhase-Dan
    Forgot about mP =(
    No, we didn't, Dan!

After all, how could we when now all of the threads in this section of ABW have the "The Domains And Hosting Forum is sponsored by [midPhase button]" under the upper menu?!

The thread is just not a very popular one. I guess, people do not want to give out their "loved ones". But I will not let them get away from this question! Will put up a list shortly and ask people to vote for hosting provider's affiliate programs. Promise.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by hotspice
    My own WildWest is my #1 of course

Lunar and IpowerWeb also.. Stopped promoting Globat because of too many adjustments and high pressure sales on the live chat.
    How long has this been going on at Globat and do affiliates get paid for phone and chat calls?

Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    How long has this been going on at Globat and do affiliates get paid for phone and chat calls?
    This has been an issue with Globat that's been brought up some time ago in several other threads (utilize your "Search" function, searching for "globat"). I do not know if anything has changed on this front... Maybe we should all ask Scott (ABW nick: globat).

Geno

Yes, our sales team is definitely "nudging" prospects to purchase. I mean, come on, they're sales people! That's not to say that they're putting a gun to people's heads, but they're most certainly trying most of the normal sales techniques.

All affiliate's get paid full commission, if our sales people close the sale for them by phone or chat.

Quote Originally Posted by globat
    All affiliate's get paid full commission, if our sales people close the sale for them by phone or chat.
    I've heard so much negativity about the LivePerson commission-stealing chat pops and I'm not convinced from what I've read elsewhere that anything was accomplished FOR the affiliate.

But, without rehashing other sites and threads, could you please tell me how you accomplish compensation to your affiliates? I'm through your in-house program so how does the operator know who to credit?

BCW,

I speak for Globat and any other host who uses live chat when I say that it would be
    very dangerous for us to accept orders over live chat systems. They are used for
    sales support (e.g. answering the customers question) but when they place the order
    they do so using the website they are on.

With midPhase -- we don't even accept telephone orders. We ask the customer to sign
    up online.

For web hosts its very wise to keep their affiliats happy ;-] Or they won't send them more
    signups.

ABW Ambassador
    Question - Geno, was an exception made for you, or can ALL customers now use includes on .html or .htm pages now?

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=64070

That is a VERY critical question because changing file extensions could kill a site's rankings and traffic for a long, long time - in some cases, long enough to put them out of business.

So has it changed now so everyone can, or was a special individual accommodation made?

Quote Originally Posted by midPhase-Dan
    I speak for Globat and any other host who uses live chat when I say that it would be very dangerous for us to accept orders over live chat systems. They are used for sales support (e.g. answering the customers question) but when they place the order they do so using the website they are on.
    True enough, Dan. RL has a chat help too, but we have not accepted 1 order over it (precisely on security reasons).

However:

1) In the above-quoted post Scott (of Globat) says:

All affiliates get paid full commission, if our sales people close the sale for them by phone or chat.
    So one may read these lines as: "Yes, sales do occur via the live chat, but affiliates get paid for them." My question then: how do you track them?

2) It is all easily 'testable'. Test purchases is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Question - Geno, was an exception made for you, or can ALL customers now use includes on .html or .htm pages now?
    That would be a question to Globat; not to Geno, webworker! It works wonderfully for us. But I do not know if it is available for everyone.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    I do not know if it is available for everyone.
    If, as you stated in your first post, you consider them - among 3 companies listed in that post - worthy to promote - then you need to know. It is a critical issue when deciding whether or not to promote a host, if we have regard for what's in the best interests of the customers we refer. Some do care about what's in customers' best interest, some don't - I guess it takes all kinds, doesn't it?

This is one of the basic things we NEED to know before promoting a hosting company. Another is whether mod_rewrite can be used to rewrite URLs - sites can be crippled without it.

Totally agee with you, webworker; and looking forward to Scott's reply to your two questions.

Geno

If, as you stated in your first post, you consider them - among 3 companies listed in that post - worthy to promote - then you need to know...
    One clarification on this, webworker: it is on purpose that I did not ask people to list the "3 best" or "list in order of preference the top 3", but "list any 3 hosting providers deemed worth promoting". I do believe Globat is worth promoting. Great commissions, very competitive products... Yet, I have not said they are in my "top 3" list. Maybe one day.

Still waiting on Scott to respond... If ABW tracking doesn't lie, he's been watching this thread for over 13 hours already...

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Totally agee with you, webworker; and looking forward to Scott's reply to your two questions.
    Busy day today (we launched a new promo yesterday)! I'd also like to clarify that Globat, as well as many other hosts (see Dan's comment earlier), use chat, phone and email as sales support tools. The actual signups still go through our online signup form. The sales reps give customers a special promo code when they sell over the phone or over chat and ask the customer to plug in this code into the promo code field on the order form. They also stay "live" with the customer while he completes the order form in case there are still questions. The sales rep's promo code gives the customer an extra free month when its used right away. That way the customer uses the promo code and gets a free month, the sales rep can track his sale, and the affiliate gets his commission. There's really no black magic about this and the way that sales are closed is pretty straightforward.

Geno, was an exception made for you, or can ALL customers now use includes on .html or .htm pages now?
    The change we made for Geno was rolled out network wide and all of our customer servers have been set to parse html and htm pages to for SSI directives.

Quote Originally Posted by globat
    The change we made for Geno was rolled out network wide and all of our customer servers have been set to parse html and htm pages to for SSI directives.
    Now, this is good news. Beautiful! Thanks, Scott.

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If ABW tracking doesn't lie, he's been watching this thread for over 13 hours already...
    ABW online-status tracking doesn't "lie" exactly, but it's a bit dumb, in that computery kind of way. It will pretty much assume someone is online until told otherwise.

If someone goes away from their computer (or starts doing something else in another window), but doesn't specifically log out of ABW, it can look like he's watching a thread for a long time after he actually goes away.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I was wondering about that... Thanks, Leader.

ABW Ambassador
    Someone can actually leave their computer running with browser windows open, go to sleep for the night or out for the day, and many hours later it still can look like they're online "someplace."

Back onto the original topic:

If I were to be promoting hosting providers, I'd pretty much use the experience and opinions of other affiliates as to their track record for conversions, payment history and reversal rate percentages. I think that would be a fairly accurate guideline for who to promote and who to avoid.

If I were to be promoting hosting providers, I'd pretty much use the experience and opinions of other affiliates as to their track record for conversions, payment history and reversal rate percentages. I think that would be a fairly accurate guideline for who to promote and who to avoid.
    Amen to that, webworker!! That is actually the purpose of this thread (to find out who's worth it, and who's not).

Geno

Come to http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=65678 and cast your vote for the hosting affiliate programs you like best!!

Geno

Geno I know it's too late to get it in the poll but I like ICDSoft.com. I haven't made any money yet promoting them but I have 20 sites with them and love their service. I did a search on this forum and to my surprise they didn't come up.

Only a moderator can do this. I can't... If a mod sees this, please add ICDSoft.com to the list at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=65678 !

Thanks,

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    Geno I know it's too late to get it in the poll but I like ICDSoft.com. I haven't made any money yet promoting them but I have 20 sites with them and love their service.
    Kellie has kindly agreed to help me add the ICDSoft.com to the list. You may vote now, bumpaw!

Geno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast