Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Product links - KRIPES!
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I spent days building a site with various product links, some from one specific CJ merchant and now the CJ links all point to the merchant's home page. This is a site I need to get out NOW for the holiday rush. I'm flipping ... Everyone is losing money on this one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Todd, any information about when product links will be working again?

If the site wasn't so labor intensive, I'd just replace all the CJ merchant's product links but GAWD ... it'll take me hours to replace them and my holiday commissions will be lost. This truly sucks.
    Last edited by Rexanne; October 30th, 2005 at 04:09 PM. Reason: redundant ranting ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I was having trouble with one of my merchant's links doing this also. Is it only happening to one of your merchants?

Quote Originally Posted by meleemel
    I was having trouble with one of my merchant's links doing this also. Is it only happening to one of your merchants?
    Currently just this one that I know of. I've pulled other product links from the other merchants that weren't working a few weeks ago. CJ told one AM that I should use the data feed to get product links ... uhmmmmm - at $200.00 I don't think so. Then the CJ rep had the nerve to suggest I wasn't a "serious" affiliate if I didn't want to cough up the $$ to get the data feed. All around makes CJ look like

I sent an email to the AM so hopefully, he'll get on top of it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I'm stuck on a project tonight again because I can't use the product search feature. This was supposedly going to be replaced sometime in October. Maybe tommorow huh?

I've been putting off paying for the datafeed, hoping that whatever replaces the product search feature will work better. I would still rewrite everything and edit pictures etc. if I used a datafeed. But I wonder, is it going to be dependable?

I haven't heard major complaints about the feed...other than merchants implementation etc.

And do I understand correctly that it is $200.00 to set up the feed, yet you can add/remove whatever merchants to it with no additional charge?

With all the productivity I've lost in the past month $200 isn't sounding too bad, if it works and CJ responds to adding merchants well.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzylee77
    With all the productivity I've lost in the past month $200 isn't sounding too bad, if it works and CJ responds to adding merchants well.
    Doesn't this seem like extortion to you???
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

If it were known to be intentional, I would call it that. But I think I'll end up further ahead by focusing on what I can do.

And do I understand correctly that it is $200.00 to set up the feed, yet you can add/remove whatever merchants to it with no additional charge?
    Yes

They typically add my requested merchants the next business day
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

If it were known to be intentional, I would call it that. But I think I'll end up further ahead by focusing on what I can do.
    You're probably right. Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread