Linkshare Merchandiser
    Hi,

Does anyone know how much it costs to get into the Linkshare Merchandiser program? Once accepted, is there a limit on how may datafeeds that you may use? How about a list of which merchants offer datafeeds and how big each datafeed is.

Thanks,
    Grant

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Grant29,
    LinkShare Merchandiser set up is free if you meet the following criteria:

1-You have been active in the Network for at least 3 months, AND
    2-You have generated at least 50 orders in the most recent calendar month

If you do not meet the above criteria, there is a one-time, upfront investment of $250 to cover the set-up and ongoing maintenance of your individual and secure LinkShare Merchandiser FTP account. The cost covers any IP changes that you may need to make to your account in the future - once we have established your account, you may receive all merchants feeds for which you are approved.

You can access the Merchandiser request form and a list of participating merchants by logging into your LinkShare account and selecting the "Resource Center" link in the upper right hand corner of your home page. Once you're in the Resoutce Center, you'll see a link to the Merchandiser Program within the LinkShare Products and Services section.

Kelli

Kelli,

My biggest problem is the IP address. I'm on a dynamic IP with my ISP. Is having a static IP address stil required?

Thanks,
    Grant

You might try downloading them from your server (which will have a static IP address) rather than your home computer. It's a totally different learning process, but processing the datafeed from your server is much more efficient and can be automated much easier. There are tons of advantages.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks for the tip, that is an option that I hadn't thought about. If nothing else, I could get the datafeeds to my server and then get them back to my home pc. It's twice the traffic, but some of my scripts are pretty CPU intensive and it might be better to offload my server resources.

Grant29,
    Having a static IP or proprietary range is a firm requirement. Michael's suggestion is one our Merchandiser team suggested as well. It is the only viable solution I can offer in this case.

Kelli

What is meant by this in the linkshare merchandiser section of the site:

# Can retrieve product files on a daily basis via FTP account.
    # Have access to a static IP address or proprietary IP address range.

Do I have to connect to linkshares FTP account and get the products from there or do I have to set up an ftp account on my site so that linkshare can automatically send them to my ftp account.

Does the static IP address mean that you have to have a site with a domain so that the datafeeds can get sent to my ftp account. With a domain being used the address will be the same all the time.

John9245,
    An account is setup for each participating affiliate on Linkshare’s server. You will be given a username and password to access the account and download the feeds. The access to this account is also restricted by IP address for security reasons. The static IP of the affiliates website can be used, but it IP’s provided should be for any machine (PC, server, etc) that will be used to access the FTP account.

Ranae

I perform the 2 step dance that grant29 is considering and, like him, I worried about twice the traffic. One needs to remember that one leg of this 2 step is done over large fiberoptic pipes at full Internet speed and is almost instantaneous - LS to my data transfer server out in Internet space is only a few seconds and runs without intervention as a Cron job.

Charles

Downloading to server
    What is the step-by-step process of downloading a Linkshare datafeed to your server?

Thanks,
    John

ABW Ambassador
    Login to your server.

Go to the folder you want to download the feed to.

ftp ftp.whateverlinksharegivesyou

enter your user and your password

dir - to see what is in there

binary

get yourmerchantdatafeed_mp.txt.gz

bye - to get out of ftp

gunzip yourmerchantdatafeed_mp.txt.gz

and you have your feed.

Thanks Womanht.
    Jws

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Anyone having problems? I get connected alright but anytime I try to grab a feed I get connection closed by remote host.

[Sigh]

What is this, the third or fourth LS problem noted this week by affiliates? Sure makes you wonder what the heck is going on?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread