ABW Ambassador
    The Mysterious 30 - 40 Merchants Who Are Having Reporting Problems
    Since still LS to this day doesn't understand what customer service is and is withholding information from their affiliates we have to try to guess which merchants are having problems. Out of the 30 - 40 merchants that are having problems LS has told us only Apple, we have to guess the rest. Maybe we can figure it out together. Check your stats from the 21st and see which merchants seem to be off in their reporting. They've told us 1 out of the 40 merchants that are having reporting problems because of changes LS made so we'll start there:

Apple

These merchants may be having problems, don't know for sure since LS won't tell us. They could be one of the 40 merchants that are having problems or I just hit a dry run with them:

Macy's?
    Fredericks?
    Petsmart?
    Drugstore?

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Drugstore and Beauty.com here....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Internet Cowboy
    Not sure if GTE is in this mix, but it seems the only time they report sales lately is when I post that they are not reporting sales.
    I am unsure if this is on the merchant end or on the LS end.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I am unsure if this is on the merchant end or on the LS end.
    Very much the merchant end still.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    These merchants may be having problems, don't know for sure since LS won't tell us. They could be one of the 40 merchants that are having problems or I just hit a dry run with them:

Macy's?
    Fredericks?
    Petsmart?
    Drugstore?
    Trust I definitely think Macy's is one of them even though Kelli from LS doesn't seem to think so. Macy's has turned out to be one of my best converting merchants at LS but, for the past month, I've seen real strange reporting from them (like I said somewhere in another thread.. transactions dating back to June, July and August were only posted on October 24th).

Don't know if you also received an email from them at the end of September which said "For a few days during the month of June, we suffered some back-end issues with our tracking system that caused sales for the month to be under-reported. We have corrected the problem, and all sales data beginning with the month of July and forward is accurate. We worked closely with LinkShare to audit the files for accurate payment to every affiliate who may have been affected by our tracking issue. Your July commission will include a make-good to your account for previously unreported June sales."

Judging from that message it does appear that they had a problem (and more than likely still do have a problem!).

As regards the 40 merchants that LS won't tell us about... well I guess they are keeping it a closely guarded secret from us common folk.

The lists seems to be big-names?

Just to through a spanner in (aussies help pls).

Are these merchants also on the SAHS list of merchants?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh did I say HMMM? Sorry must have been something in my throat. GTFR!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Add Bombay to that list if not on yet - I placed my own order for kid's furniture on there - it's been shipped - no sale has shown up even 10 days after shipment.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

The merchants I'm seeing with reporting problems are very similar to the list of merchants with reporting problems last year. Hmmm, I'll bet they will have the problems fixed after the holidays. (and what Haiko said, "Hmmmmm")
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    I gather the LS mods comments:

"We have identified certain merchants, Apple being one of them, that are having difficulty transmitting their files to us since the 21st.
    We are working with the merchants to resolve this issue. If you see certain merchants with spotty transaction reporting since the
    21st, that is likely the reason.

We've checked transaction reporting for the 25th in both old reporting and SA and it appears to be caught up, excluding the
    merchants who I mentioned are having trouble transmitting to us.

Apple and several other merchants are having difficulty transmitting to us. We are working with them to resolve the issue. I will let
    you know once it's resolved.

Macy's is not on the list of merchants I've seen but I don't have a definitive and comprehensive list I can share or use to verify that
    Macy's was not impacted.

I do not have a definitive list of impacted merchants that I can share. I believe around 30-40 merchants *may* have been impacted.

It's been over 10 days now, hopefully they fix the problems soon.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    LinkShare Update on Merchant Reporting Issue
    All,
    For the majority of the merchants impacted by our server change, we've been able to successfully work with them to modify their transaction reporting process and process their 10/22-10/31 files. We were able to process the files by 10/31 so that October commissions were not impacted.

Below is the list of remaining merchants that we are still working with to resolve the issue:

Apple Store - Go forward reporting is fixed but 10/22-10/31 files not yet processed.
    .Mac - Go forward reporting is fixed but 10/22-10/31 files not yet processed.
    Apple iTunes
    The Popcorn Factory
    GigaGolf, Inc.
    Hallmark.com
    DISCOUNTFARES.COM
    1-800-Flowers
    Canadian Tire Corp (Canadian Network)

October 22nd-31st transactions for the above merchants will be processed in November, once the merchant is able to modify their process and successfully report to us.

I'll will continue to update everyone as we get caught up with the above merchants.

Kelli

Thanks Kelli!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Some merchants still don't report transactions.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread