Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Feedback on Kolimbo affiliate network - ?
    Can anyone comment on the Kolimbo affiliate network? I would especially like to hear affiliates' perspective/thoughts...

Many thanks in advance,

Geno

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Can anyone comment on the Kolimbo affiliate network? I would especially like to hear affiliates' perspective/thoughts...

Many thanks in advance,

Geno
    It seems to be a redundant network, with the only benefit being that you can check some of your MYAP merchant stats on one page but those stats are not usually up to date and Kolimbo doesn't issue checks so I don't really see the point of Kolimbo. Maybe just to find merchants? Otherwise, the support staff seems good.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy

Many thanks in advance,

Geno
    I agree with Rexanne. I have to say, I wouldn't use them if it weren't for one merchant...

Streaatz

I use one merchant also. And they are my best performing merchant to date. I would say that the store generator is the best benefit, but in reviewing statistics, I'm not sure that the integrator is what generates most of my sales.

However, the direct reporting may not be 100% "accurate" as to where exactly the hits are coming from, so I could be wrong.

What I mean by that is, and perhaps someone from Kolimbo can enlighten us, is that my transaction reports from the MERCHANT sometimes reference my KBStore as the lead source, but not often. What I'm unclear on is if it only reports it if that exact product sells, as opposed to someone clicking through on a particular product but then surfing to and purchasing a different product while at the merchants site.

If it only shows on the merchant report if the exact product is purchased, then my KBStores may be doing better than I thought.

Special Liaison
    Noth - hi, the Tranmsaction Report will report ANY purchase made via the KBStore. So if a visitor clicks on Product A but then buys Product B - you'll still be notified that the sale came from your KBStore.

We are just starting to do consolidated checks for some merchants. This is a new service so there aren't many at the moment, but it is setup and we hope it'll become more popular in the future for merchants to be apart of as we understand that affiliates think it is an important element.

The Stats are updated ONCE PER DAY (this is to speed the site up). Any difference in stats between Kolimbo and a merchant will be because of activity during 'today'. Kolimbo also makes it much easier to login to each of your merchants if you want real-time stats.

You can use KBStores, get raw datafeeds, find new merchants by category or by link types, keep up-to-date with new merchants, if you have more than one MyAP merchant it's going to save you time.

Thanks Ben. Nice to see you.

@ Geno, do some searches here and other affiliate boards.

You can look for my rants.

I've changed my Kolimbo email contact address, and removed my connections to the KB merchants from my account and have gone back to logging in to each program individually. Oh, yeah, changed the contact email addresses on the merchant interfaces I use, too. Oh, yeah, and black holed the old Kolimbo email contact address.

I did drop one merchant who only had the datafeed on the Kolimbo site. Another merchant carries it on their own site, so they still get links.

Hi Ben!

I would love more information about how Kowabunga actually works for affiliates. Maybe I need to spend some time there to figure it all out. Consolidated payments will be great!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

OK I *could* go searching although I won't. ;-) But thanks for the links!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    My top two merchants are Kowabunga merchants. I love them.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

Geno

Special Liaison
    99% of my time is spent on Kolimbo. So KowaBunga! works for affiliates by paying me to help you. I help put together and maintain the Affiliate Training Center. There's also the KBStores - a very easy method of using Datafeeds. There's the KBZone - an auto-weighted rotating banner thingymajig. Plus we're always adding things to Kolimbo to help you out. Check out the TOOLS section next to each merchant you've joined.

Once logged in you'll notice that myself and two others are available immediately on IM - so login and say hello!

Affiliate Manager
    Are there any merchants out there who can offer their take on the main differences between CJ and MAP? How does everyone feel about the work associated with paying publishers inhouse? That seems like it would become time intensive.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    MyAP/CJ differences
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmac
    Are there any merchants out there who can offer their take on the main differences between CJ and MAP? How does everyone feel about the work associated with paying publishers inhouse? That seems like it would become time intensive.
    JBMac, I am happy to

MyAP and CJ are both affiliate tracking/reporting tools that can make it easy for affiliates and merchants to find each other and work together. That's about where the similarities stop.

In MyAP -the merchants are independant - they contract directly with the affiliates and have full control over their program and can contact their affiliates as they need to . KB demands no excusivity from our merchants or affiliates. MyAP also charges no network fees on transactions or percentages of sales or commissions paid unless we are actually managing the program.

MyAP also offers direct linking from the affiliate site to the merchant's domain.

The merchant owns the relationships, so if they leave MyAP, they can take the affiliates with them.

CJ is a more traditional network solution where the relationship between the merchant and the affiliate (advertiser/publisher in CJ ese) has a middle man.
    All links go through a redirect process from CJ domains to the merchants. Communication between merchants and affiliats in most cases is done through CJ's tool and information may not be visible to merchants to allow them to keep in contact with affiliates. Payment is consolidated since there is a middle man there who collects from all the merchants and has them place money in an escrow account that they pay from each month.

The relationship is not owned by the merchant. If a merchant wants to leave CJ (or Linkshare) best of luck at contacting the affiliats or getting the info out.

Which solution is best depends on your situation. The more control you want and the more hands on approach you want to take to growing your program organically, the less you want to use a traditional network.

I do work at KB, but I think I was pretty objective. Happy to help with any more questions -
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

MyAP/Kolimbo offered the best of both worlds for the needs of our program -- the software is robust enough/customizable to handle the structure of our initiative and the kolimbo network offers some initial exposure to support a successful launch. Most importantly, the folks at Kowabunga understood our growth strategy and helped to provide a solution that will meet our needs as the program grows.

ABW Ambassador
    Is there a forum for Kolimbo?

I just checked my Kolimbo stats and have made several thousand in sales since I added a couple of links a few months back. I would like to ask a few questions like how to find out about payments etc as there is a lack of info for all this on the site. I think I will promote the merchants on Kolimbo now I have seen good results but first I would like to know about consolodated payments and other details.

Kolimbo has always been confusing, and just feels disjointed. I used to have a couple of advertisers I used on it, but they dropped off and I haven't found anything else worth the effort.

ABW Ambassador
    yeah I see what you mean, I just checked out the Coupons and Promotions link and when I tried to join a merchant I was sent to a pop up back to a failed page each time and asking for my login even though I was logged in. I then entered my login details and was then sent to the failed page and eventually to the home page. Well this does not give me much hope in this network when I see such basic errors already only after using the site for a few minutes.

ABW Ambassador
    I managed to find a way to sign up with merchants but I was disapointed to find that the datafeeds I downloaded have no categories. Will this be fixed soon?

Special Liaison
    Smile
    Hi,

1) There is no Kolimbo forum.

2) RE: Payments - each merchant is completely independent, this is one of the main differences between us and other networks. The merchants are responsible for paying affiliates directly. If you have not received a payment form a merchant and think you are due payment, then contact that merchant diretcly to find out the status of your commissions. If they do not respond, then let me know. Kolimbo does not have 'complete' consolidated payments, but we have recently added this option for new clients, so there are a handful of merchants where you will get just one check.

3) Let me know what is confusing and I'll try and make everything crystal clear.

4) Coupons login problem is fixed.

5) RE: Datafeeds - They are standardized, all Kolimbo feeds are: name, description, url, type, image, price, though there are a couple that have an additional 'category' field at the end of each line. You can contact merchants to provide their datafeeds categorized.

6) Feel free to email or IM anytime if you have questions/problems. My details are on the site along with a very fetching photograph

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks for the update, sounds good. I do hope to see your merchants add categories to your datafeeds in the future along with brands as they are two fields I like to use and are standard these days. It's up to the affiliate networks to play a big part in that too. I think there was a datafeed thread on this forum somewhere which outlines a standard for datafeeds. Your DFs are really good in every other aspect and its a shame as I have a number of sites ready to be hooked up with some of those dfs, I guess I could contact each merchant ....

Special Liaison
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=72 - is this the standard datafeed format you're talking about?

If so, we'll see what we can do.

Who Cares Affiliate with MYAP
    bump

bump

bump

bump
    Last edited by iway; July 14th, 2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Who Cares Affiliate with MYAP so better not to post here

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by BenKowaBunga
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=72 - is this the standard datafeed format you're talking about?

If so, we'll see what we can do.
    Yes, someone links to this later in the tread and puts all that together into one tidy page: http://www.web-procreate.com/datafeed_standard.htm

I'm unsure if that is some formal site for the standard or not?

I think the ideas on that thread & above page work well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast