ABW Ambassador
    I need Auto Link Exchange Program - Any sources.
    Hi Everyone: I'm looking for an automated link exchange program that will automatically add my link exchanges for me. Does anyone know of any reliable and affordable link exchange programs. Please PM me with the sites if you have personally used them successfully. Thanks.

Jada

You can try LinkMetro. They have a good link exchange program and for a few extra dollars you can sign up for their advanced program that automates the process of adding new links to your site and theirs.

Our company has found their system to be a bit buggy but one person here in the office said they are sure they will fix most of the issues members have had.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks dGreen - I'll review there program.

Do these actually work? If I get an obviously automated link request I dump it asap - they're almost always miles off being links worth having.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe I worded wrong - I get alot of qualified sites that email me via my site and ask to exchange links - then I have to answer tons of emails and add tons of links manually. Most of these sites are PR4 or PR5 sites so they are very worthy. And all are related to my site. So instead of me having to do these manually the system I'm looking for would automatically add these links to my sites links page once I approve them.

Do these work, I know were disapprove quite a lot of links. The idea is to get links from people that have a decent site with good content that will be a good match.

Paul is correct, they are usually miles away from worth having.

What is nice about the system: You can add your own links to using their automated program. So even if you are getting link requests from outside the system, you can use their system to automate the process of adding new pages. This is what takes the most time, is adding new webpages with links.

ABW Ambassador
    Dgreen - exactly - that is what I want to eliminate - the time I'm using in adding these sites to my links page.

ABW Ambassador
    I really hate people using those programs... I get a ton of crap emails requesting link exchanges & even if they're somewhat related (which is rare) my links would end up on a PR0 or maybe if I'm lucky a PR1 page burried so deep nobody would find it anyway. In exchange they're requesting a link on my manual links page that's minimum PR3 or PR4 depeding on the site. If I reply at all, I explain that I require a link on an equal PR page, which is usually their front page, if they have a page rank at all. In most cases I'm guessing the sites are brand spanking new & have no PR yet. To those people, I have to say congrats on being the kings of suck for adding more BS to the Internet.

Not that I am going to go out of my way for LinkMetro, I should at least share with you what it is, and what it is not. (I am in no way affiliated with this company and this is just good old honest feed back.)

Celicaphile;

“I have to say congrats on being the kings of suck for adding more BS to the Internet.”

There are some programs which are different then the ones you speak of where you receive random emails from people you don’t know. In this case, this (in particular) program will only send an email to those people that have registered with them to be linked exchanged. This model is great for the fact if you don’t care about internal and external links, you can exchange very quickly. This model blows if you do care about the quality of links, as you will not find much quality here. The system is only as good as the number of members that sign up. But in this case, this is a private system.

Now to address what you were talking about. The developers of LinkMetro also developed another software package that harvests email address from websites and allows you to email those sites with a form letter requesting a link exchange. This program is called SEO Elite and this has both positives and negatives. The positive being, you can find who is linking to your competitor’s sites and solicit them for links as well using an easy to use form mail process. The negative Celicaphile is just what you mentioned; it can be used for negative purposes disrupting the zen of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen
    it can be used for negative purposes disrupting the zen of the internet.
    What I great phrase! I must use it often.

I want an "I am the king of suck"** t-shirt. The back can say "proudly adding BS to the internet since 1987".
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Well with the advent of the new trademarks of “That’s Hot” and “Your Fired”, I just spoke with internal council and I now own the saying “It can be used for negative purposes disrupting the zen of the internet.”

For those who wish to use this, you must pay me $250,000.
    Last edited by dgreen; November 1st, 2005 at 07:13 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    if you just want a link exchange management system, check out reciprocalmanager.com
    I use them, am happy with them, and for the 1 time fee, you can use it on all of your sites. Much better than paying $20 per month for each one of your sites for a link management system!

I want an "I am the king of suck"** t-shirt. The back can say "proudly adding BS to the internet since 1987".
    Tim: Have you checked out CafePress.com? They can make one for you

I know of an awesome free program...
    Quote Originally Posted by JadaKiss
    Maybe I worded wrong - I get alot of qualified sites that email me via my site and ask to exchange links - then I have to answer tons of emails and add tons of links manually. Most of these sites are PR4 or PR5 sites so they are very worthy. And all are related to my site. So instead of me having to do these manually the system I'm looking for would automatically add these links to my sites links page once I approve them.
    The catch is you have to leave the guy's own (and probably unrelated) links on the page.

http://www.onlinemarketingtoday.com/...nk-management/

It really is a very good script with a lot of capabilities. I checked around, and you really would have to pay $150 - $200 for a similar script.

The only problem I see is if you are currently using another management program you would have to reload your links (this script will import text files).

Check it out.
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

I guess my question is....

...aren't the search engines, like Google, aware of these programs and eventually this type of thing will hurt me instead of help me. I mean, programs like reciprocalmanager.com probably all have the same info at the beginning of their html section that google does or will identify and mark us for it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    reciprocalmanager.com doesn't exchange links for you. It just manages them and let's you search the sites you exchange with for your link. It also accepts users submissions, and emails you whenever somebody submitted their link. You can then login and approve or deny that link exchange request, and after approving the exchange, the link will be posted in your directory. Of course, you could do the same manually, but it's a ton of work. The link directory that you would post the links to your linkpartners in, can be totally customized, using templates, etc.
    Therefore, I don't think that all reciprocalmanager directories look the same.
    But, yes, google knows about link exchange, and that might be a problem. It seems like google doesn't link link exchanges too much anymore, but that's a different topic!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread