Calendar Store Still Showing 2005 Calendars
    My calendar store is still showing some 2005 calendars along with 2006 calendars. Sometime ago I was told to make a file called make-ini.txt and include the following in it:
    data.year.prev 0
    data.year.next 7
    Then upload this file to the Dyse Calendar folder where the make.pl file is also located. I don't know whether I'm missing some kind of update or what because I checked the sample store on your site and it only has 2006 calendars.

Delete cgi-bin/dyse/calendars/data/datafeed.txt and run make.pl again. The current datafeed only has 2006 calendars.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Now it is showing only 2006 calendars. Thanks. Is there a certain point in time we should do this or is it up to us as to when we don't want last year's calendars to show?

Calendars.com removed the current year (2005) calendars some time back in September. Back then, Calendars.com sent out an email to affiliates saying that the 2005 calendars were going to be removed from their website and from their datafeed that following week.

Set up a monthly cronjob on your server that runs make.pl monthly so you don't have to worry about updating. If the datafeed hasn't changed when make.pl runs, then not much will happen. If it has changed, then the new datafeed will be used. If you can't setup a monthly cronjob on your server, use a DySE remote cronjob.

Currently, there is no make.pl configuration variable specifying at what month to stop including the current year's calendars. (on feature wish list).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

I don't recall seeing that email in September but I'll make a note to watch for it next year. I have a cron job set up to run on my server. Future wish list sounds good!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread