Thanks ABW
    As some of you may know, my family went through some hard times due to Hurricane Rita. And shortly after my best friend/mother-in-law passed away.

I have already told Haiko by email but just wanted to let you all know what a comfort ABW has been lately. When I couldn't sleep or things just got to be too much - it was comforting to come here to read what all was going on. (and maybe add a comment or 2) It has kept me grounded more than once lately.

ABW is so much more than "just" a messageboard - and over the years it has evolved into something truly special. Something other boards just do not have. I think it is rare to have a community this large where people are made to feel welcome - no matter how large or small their online business is. As well as a place to come and share a joke or concern. ABW is a shining star in so many ways, it would be hard to list them all.

So thanks Haiko and everyone - for being there - even if you didn't know it.
    Ebudae

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ebudae - I'm sorry you've been having a rough time of it lately, hope things turn up for you soon. You are so very right about ABW, it is a special place. I'd tell you how much ABW has meant to me these last several years, but, well, it'd sound too damn mushy and I so hate to see Haiko get all teary on us, it's embarrassing, really.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    ABW -- open 24 hours!

It's gratifying to know that our collective presence and words have helped you get through a bad time, Ebudae. Sometimes when horrible things happen we don't want to talk them but it really does help to have company.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Haiko's vision and energy permeate ABW ... integrity abaounds in here and I think honest, good people are attracted to this forum because of that energy. It's a pleasure to be part of something that makes you feel comforted, Ebudae.

You re part of what makes ABW wonderful, too, so thank YOU for being a positive presence here. Hope life eases up and gives you bushels of roses soon.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

AS someone who also has been having a difficult time myself I have some what of an understanding of the distress Ebudae has been going through... hang in there things will get better... All I can say is Ditto to Rexanne's comments...

YOU have no idea how the little things you do make a difference it the lives of others, but they do...

Here's a cyber-hug...

where's SAL when you need him...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Ebudae,

I hope things get better for you very soon, you've certainly had more than your share the past couple of months.

Most of us regulars understand the importance of ABW in our lives. There have been many times when I've needed an escape, or to unload, or simply a distraction for a while, and ABW is always there. Sometimes just being in a familiar place is all it takes.

A community like ABW is only as good as its participants, and there are some great people here. Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the rules.

Thanks to Haiko for a great gathering place, and my best wishes to you Ebudae.

Andy

Ebudae,

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Having felt somewhat of a kindred connection with you during Rita, I absolutely understand the distress and emotional reaction the whole experience renders. Even now, the emotions from 5 weeks ago still spring up sometimes. I thought of you a great deal during and after the storm.

My heart goes out to you for your loss! We are in the same area, drop me a note if there is anything at all I can do to help you - or, if you just want to talk.

When it comes to ABW, I absolutely agree that the community here is essential for me. I rarely post, but I am here nearly every day. Two years ago when I discovered ABW, I considered the forum a 'business resource' - and from a business perspective, this has been a great year - the best one yet!

On a personal level, this entire year has been extremely stressful - one thing after another, literally. I'm talking life-changing events that are beyond stressful.

And like you, when I can't sleep or when I just need to unwind a bit and get things off my mind - I click the ABW bookmark and read for hours. I can't explain why it works, it just does. It makes me feel better. ABW is is far more than a business resource. Sometimes it is my personal oasis.

Like a good book, sometimes I can't wait to get to the next chapter on ABW. I'll see a new post and think "Oh, I can't wait to see [fill in ABWer regular name] reply to THIS!".

So Ebudae, I join you in thanking Haiko and ABW folks for this forum. You have no idea how much you've helped - just by simply being here.

Kim
    Last edited by kmkimmo; November 2nd, 2005 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Could I possibly use the word 'sometimes' 197 times in one post?
    - I am not young enough to know everything

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ebudae,

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL and my deepest condolences to you and your family. You have given so much support to many here in the past who were going through difficut times. I glad that you have had that comfort returned to you by the ABW community. If there is anything you need, I'm always just an IM or phone call away.

Take care, God bless and {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

When I lost my father in July, ABW was one of the first places I went. My virtual group of friends/family here are a wonderful comfort when things are really bad. Much can be said for the wonderful folks in the affiliate world.

Sorry for your loss. Feel free to PM me and talk anytime.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts - it really means a lot.

I am not doing much affiliate stuff right now, mostly just concentrating on family and just everyday stuff. But I read here most every day.

Thanks again for being there!
    Ebudae

Ebudae,

My condolences to you and your family. I was hit pretty hard by Rita too, in Ft. Lauderdale. We just got power back yesterday and boy did I miss it!

May your family recover witht he comfort of great memories.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I saw the original post... and it mentioned you and Kellie...

but I never know what to say...

but i was FEELING for you

Billy

Glad to see all of us taking so much pride in ABW. Spending time at ABW has become a comfort zone.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread