Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    141
    Post UncommonGoods is now LIVE on the ProductShowcaseCreator
    Hello all,

    I would like let all ABWers know that UncommonGoods.com now live on the ProductShowcaseCreator. Check out, our product pictures look really good

    http://psc.afftools.com/uncommongoods/creator.pl

    Though it's very easy to use, if you are not familiar with it or need help using, just shoot me an e-mail at: samib@uncommongoods.com and I'll do best I can.

    PS: I would like thank Akiva, again, for quickly setting up at the last minute.

  2. #2
    notary sojac Herb ԿԬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami B - Uncommon Goods
    Hello all,

    I would like let all ABWers know that UncommonGoods.com now live on the ProductShowcaseCreator. Check out, our product pictures look really good

    http://psc.afftools.com/uncommongoods/creator.pl

    Though it's very easy to use, if you are not familiar with it or need help using, just shoot me an e-mail at: samib@uncommongoods.com and I'll do best I can.

    PS: I would like thank Akiva, again, for quickly setting up at the last minute.
    good deal!

    would you characterize your inventory as not subject to change quickly? the non-dynamic PSC works well, then.

  3. #3
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    6,195
    This is the incentive I need to get moving on your products Sami. I received the new catalog today. There are lots of cool products in it.

    Hey...can I make purchases through my own affiliate links? That little clip-on watch caught my eye. (I hate wristwatches.)

  4. #4
    Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Hey...can I make purchases through my own affiliate links? That little clip-on watch caught my eye. (I hate wristwatches.)
    Only if you generate the link with PSC
    Seriously, sure you can purchase using your own affiliate links.

    Oh, Rhea, did you sign up for our catalog, or did you receive it just like that?

  5. #5
    Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    good deal!

    would you characterize your inventory as not subject to change quickly? the non-dynamic PSC works well, then.
    Yes, it's not very likely to change quickly. There will be some more new items for the holiday season and they will all listed under "This just in" category in the PSC and in our website.

    I considered dynamic PSC, for now, I decided on the static, especially for SE purposes, bu if the demand is there we can offer both.

  6. #6
    notary sojac Herb ԿԬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami B - Uncommon Goods
    Yes, it's not very likely to change quickly. There will be some more new items for the holiday season and they will all listed under "This just in" category in the PSC and in our website.

    I considered dynamic PSC, for now, I decided on the static, especially for SE purposes, bu if the demand is there we can offer both.
    I normally push for the automation and dPSC, but this sounds like all we need is good warning for the changes.

  7. #7
    The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Small Town in Tennessee
    Posts
    5,226
    Sami,

    You made these great holiday storefronts - gifts under 10, gifts under 20, etc

    When I try to use them, at the top of each page it says

    Presented by Billy's First Registered Website

    Which, unfortunately, is not the site UncommonGoods is on

    And...

    if someone actually clicks on the link, it goes to the page I have registered at Linkshare which says "If you're a LS affiliate rep - go away!"

    Pretty sure my visitors don't want to see that

    If you can figure out how to get rid of the "Presented by Billy's Site" link, it would be a great tool for the holidays

  8. #8
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Sami,

    You made these great holiday storefronts - gifts under 10, gifts under 20, etc

    When I try to use them, at the top of each page it says

    Presented by Billy's First Registered Website

    Which, unfortunately, is not the site UncommonGoods is on

    And...

    if someone actually clicks on the link, it goes to the page I have registered at Linkshare which says "If you're a LS affiliate rep - go away!"

    Pretty sure my visitors don't want to see that

    If you can figure out how to get rid of the "Presented by Billy's Site" link, it would be a great tool for the holidays
    I agree Akiva. Change them all to read "Presented by EcomCity" with a static SERPable link. You then might entice me to rejoin the program. I sent thousands of click to them without a sale and either they dropped me, or I dropped them. Didn't know they had assigned a real AM to that account.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

    "What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

  9. #9
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    6,195
    Sami, I've been a customer for a few years. I like everything about Uncommon Goods except the network you're affiliated with. But then, we've had that conversation before, haven't we?

  10. #10
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    6,195
    Okay, Sami, I applied to your program. Just waiting to receive approval.

  11. #11
    Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    141
    Sorry, guys! It took me while to reply to this thread; I was searching for ecomcity's sales

    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    I sent thousands of click to them without a sale and either they dropped me, or I dropped them. Didn't know they had assigned a real AM to that account.
    Yes, Mike, I as real as your parrot. And, yes you dropped yourself from UncommonGoods program, but I don't think the reason was nonconverting clicks, becasue you did generate sales, quite a few, too, I might add. So, I am not sure why you dropped us before, I was not here then, but it may be our low cookie duration (it was a pathetic 1-day cookie). Now it's a decent 30-days

    Billy Kay,

    When I checked "Yes" to affiliate cobranding feature when making the storefronts, I wouldn't imagine to encounter a problem as yours. There are two solutions I can think of now.

    - You click on the storefront link, and get the source file and save the source file as web page and add it to your site. Then, you would be able to take off the link that goes to the page, you made to piss of Linkshare

    - Or I would turn off "Affiliate Co-branding" feature on all storefronts, so a link back to your website would not included. But, I am not sure how other affiliates would react to this.

    Anyway, let me know, we'll figure something out.

    Rhea

    So, I finally convinced you to apply, yay! Did I approve you?

  12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. UncommonGoods Dropping Coupon Sites?
    By leeann in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: January 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
  2. UncommonGoods.com: Affiliate Marketing Associate/Copywriter
    By Sami B - Uncommon Goods in forum Job Postings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 1st, 2006, 10:43 AM
  3. UncommonGoods Affiliate Program
    By Sami B - Uncommon Goods in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 13th, 2005, 05:56 PM
  4. Parasite-Free at UncommonGoods
    By jerryhazell in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 4th, 2003, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •