Will RSS feeds be interpreted as duplicate content?
    There are a lot of blogs covering the topic of my website. I'm thinking of creating

1. An index of all the RSS feeds of blogs relating to my website. example
    2. Using the RSS feed, I will generate one page per blog. example.

There are hundreds of blogs covering my industry. If I do this, I will have hundreds of pages of content that exists on other blogs.

Will this cause Google to think that I have stolen hundreds of pages from other websites and get downgraded, or worse, banned from Google?

Quote Originally Posted by pokerturkey
    There are a lot of blogs covering the topic of my website. I'm thinking of creating

1. An index of all the RSS feeds of blogs relating to my website. example
    2. Using the RSS feed, I will generate one page per blog. example.

There are hundreds of blogs covering my industry. If I do this, I will have hundreds of pages of content that exists on other blogs.

Will this cause Google to think that I have stolen hundreds of pages from other websites and get downgraded, or worse, banned from Google?

I would say yes. SEs are gooding a good job of providing better search results. That is not to say I like the fact that my site are in to SH...... well you know. But the IT tech side has to say the I have really been able to find what I am looking for recently.. Ex type in a state or school district name and they are at the top.

Yes, you are a "thin" affiliate ... I'll post more in th IC - remind me.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Yes, you are a "thin" affiliate ... I'll post more in th IC - remind me.
    I was going to ask you what a "thin" affiliate was, but I searched this site and found some good answers. Thanks for the lead.

The example I linked to, btw, is not my website. I thought that site is interesting because it has very good PR despite not having any original content. It is just an index of RSS links. Surely my exampls site looks like a "thin" affiliate, and yet it seems to be doing well google-wise.

simplistechs, thank you for your input also. What's a SH?

I think too much is made of the SEO and getting top billing... (#1 spot)

I have several top ten spots for well known health products... and get very few hits and no sales from these lisitngs... I think this is because the maker of these products dominate the paid listings in the SEs, sucking off my traffic and resulting sales if they werent there...

On the other hand I have another site that has one lisitng somewhere in google I'm not sure where all I know is it's buried... and I get lots of traffic for keyword.. and the site converts at 20%

So, I have come to the conclusion because of this other similar happenings... this "thin" thing is real but way too much is made of it...

I build websites for people... people who will bookmark my site and return when ever they are looking for what i offer... I use RSS, article services, original articles, products and just about any other thing i can find pertaining to a niche... if it's relevent...

I'm building a business of repeat visitor / customers... not content for Google, MSN or Yahoo....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

That's a good point too, my2cents.

I don't want to use the RSS feeds to trick search engines. I just thought my readers would enjoy browsing through some RSS feeds all conveniently located at one place.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread