Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Exclamation LinkShare Merchant Policies - Affiliate Marketing Tactics
    Hi All

This is something interesting LinkShare are setting up, it's ,in a nut shell, the "Idiots guide to a merchants Terms and conditions" and is aimed at layouting out, free of legal talk, each merchants information and policies regarding

- Keyword bidding
    - Trademark bidding and usage
    - PPC direct to site clicks
    - rebates partners
    - coupons
    - custom coupons
    - and more...

However it misses one thing for me.

It asks "will you work with rebate sites... " etc

Yet where is the question "Will you work with BHO / Software based affiliates" ???

That needs to be added, then there can be no reason for a BHO based application to apply to those programs and waste everyones time (especially if LS then bring in a system whereby those people need to legally identify themselves)

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Moved back to where it belongs ... my error. Sorry Chris.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Cheers Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Yet where is the question "Will you work with BHO / Software based affiliates" ???
    When my last computer (now a paperweight) was trashed with BHO/driveby downloads, I never did get taken to a merchant site directly. I was, rather, taken to PPC affiliate sites with listings to click on to get to the merchant sites. Just thought I'd mention it, since it kind of side-steps the issue for merchants and IMHO ultimate responsibility for that rests on the PPC companies allowing it.

Back on topic, it would be very nice if that was included but somehow I doubt it, since many of the merchants I'm currently with at LS, just a very small percentage of the total at LS, are involved and it's doubtful that they'd be willing to fess up to it.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Chris. This disclosure procedure identifying the types of affiliates acceptable to network merchants was a key part of the official ABW proposal to the Nov10th Code of Conduct meeting in NYC. I know that because I wrote the A-G full disclosure points that we wanted the networks to put in the merchants profile page. Haiko or Ms. B should go into the private forum and republish here those A-G full disclosure demands, along with the physical click requirements, that was the ABW position paper at that CoC meeting. It was totally relivent then ...and now... to end all the horse hockey and BS of choosing merchants and affiliates.

We paid good money to lobby the networks to endorse that policy statement. Let's review it again and throw it back into their faces, as they see the blackhat affiliates and their monitizing merchant partners are destroying this industry.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Hi Chris,

You have much more experience than I do, so a question:
    Aren't there any software-based affiliates who's clean? I don't want to post aff URLs, but there are some who use software but not parasitic, as far as I can determine.

Hi Sami

The clean toolbars are ones not involved in Affiliate Marketing, i.e. The Google BHO.

I have yet to see a BHO that didn't involve some form of domain or trademark targeting in it's system of rendering its 'service'. The worst do their tampering regardless of what the consumer does, and the best do it regardless of the whether they add value to their interdiction into the shopping process.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    The clean toolbars are ones not involved in Affiliate Marketing, i.e. The Google BHO.
    Honestly, I no longer look at Google as an honest place. And, it is definitely NOT FOR affiliate marketing, unless, of course, it's to take an affiliate marketer's money~!

Are the pennies Google gives us to run their ads worth all Google does against us? I'm about to tear every search box off my site along with everything to do with leacherousity (is that a word? - I better put a trade mark to it - leacherousity - the act of being leacherous.)

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Chris, I sent you a PM.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread