4th Click?? - Definition?
    What is 4th click??

I see a lot of posts on here (mainly new affiliate programs) advertising themselves as 4th click free...

What does this mean?

Internet Cowboy
    GoldenCan is an affiliate tool that allows you to display the entire contents of one or many merchants using a few lines of code that you copy and paste.

Asif, the owner of GoldenCan, does not charge affiliates for this. Some merchants pay Asif. Those merchants who pay him offer their affiliates the use of GoldenCan with no charge to the affiliate.

For the merchants who do not sponsor GoldenCan, GoldenCan inserts their affiliate ID on every 4th click instead of charging the affiliate to use their service. You are not giving up every 4th sale, but every 4th click. GoldenCan may never get a sale this way, or they might get several, it just comes down to how often the shopper who makes that 4th click on your link buys.

GoldenCan allows you to show a complete, updated datafeed really easily and you never have to update it. It is quickly becoming one of the best and most used affiliate tools in the biz.

GO check them out and you will see how cool it really is. They have their own forum here and Asif is very good about helping affiliates.

Thank you for the quick response.

I assumed it was something like that but was unclear how it would work. Your answer made it much clearer.

Due to the large number of affiliates using GoldenCAN it seems like even giving up every 4th click is worth it. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for your help.

Where can I see the complete list of all 4th Click FREE merchants available on GoldenCan?

Thanx
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thanks, Sam Bay, that's very helpful
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Has there ever been a poll about what affiliates think of the 4th click concept?

I am about to sign up for GoldenCAN and am deciding whether to be a 4th click merchant or not.

I'm also looking at datafeedfile, but their website is so full of typos that I'm reluctant. Any advice? Is there some reason not to do both?

Talking
    Well - due to the fact that we affiliates are a very cheap bunch - we are inclined to use everything that is free first.

You'll have more affiliates using your feed quicker at GC by making it a free feed.

After the free feeds then they are more inclined to maybe use feeds that will cost them something - 4 th click.

As for datafeedfile - I don't think very many affiliates here use it - but I could be wrong. The last time I looked at the site - it was a really nasty looking site.

Makes you wonder what their feeds would look like on our sites. Would our sites become nasty looking sites too if we used feeds from datafeedfile.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by craigallyn
    Has there ever been a poll about what affiliates think of the 4th click concept?

I am about to sign up for GoldenCAN and am deciding whether to be a 4th click merchant or not.

I'm also looking at datafeedfile, but their website is so full of typos that I'm reluctant. Any advice? Is there some reason not to do both?
    When I implement GoldenCan I will only by default use FREE of the 4th click merchants. Otherwise, I will use the SAS Make-a-Page tool.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Is it a turn-off to affiliates if a merchant uses 4th click?

Thanks, Juli

Quote Originally Posted by Juli - AdLib
    I'd say, it depends on the merchant. But generally, who would want to give away 25% of the traffic (and the potential cut)?

See above:

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    ...we affiliates ... are inclined to use everything that is free first.

You'll have more affiliates using your feed quicker at GC by making it a free feed.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Juli - AdLib

Thanks, Juli
    I think it depends on the individual affiliate and his/her business model and expectations. If you are experienced in programming and datafeed handling you won't need GoldenCAN.

On the other hand, the links within GoldenCAN do attract the spiders very well. I've had some nice sales.

Personally, I wish all the merchants would keep looking at their ROI and subsidize their GoldenCAN implementation to make it 4th-click-free as soon as they can.

GoldenCan made it much easier to create my website with much less time, than the old fashion way of manually implementing the feeds. I however, would prefer as many of the other affiliates have already said, a free feed as compared to a 4th click.

When every dollar counts, I am really not so sure I am keen on the idea of losing 25% of my traffic as Geno stated.

When a 4th click is used or picked up by GoldenCan does the affiliate get any notice or data response that a 4th click was used by GoldenCan? I would like to know how many sales I am giving up to help me judge if I want to remain with many 4th click merchants. thanks for a response.

I am also curious about the 4th click. Correct me if I'm wrong but after that 4th click from my site to the merchant, I, the affiliate, will completely lost that sale? That doesn't sound that great to me. I'm one of those types, and I'm thinking that most folks are as well, that will click to a site, add something to a basket and shop around a bit. If I'm reading this correctly, that sale is now GCs? That may be much greater than 25%, right?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by RRack
    I am also curious about the 4th click. Correct me if I'm wrong but after that 4th click from my site to the merchant, I, the affiliate, will completely lost that sale? That doesn't sound that great to me. I'm one of those types, and I'm thinking that most folks are as well, that will click to a site, add something to a basket and shop around a bit. If I'm reading this correctly, that sale is now GCs? That may be much greater than 25%, right?
    so you are getting a sale every 4th click? (must be nice . . . )

by the way, at GoldenCAN all the new merchant signups have been free of the 4th-click loss for quite a while. Have you looked at the list?

Here is another way of looking a this: If using them increase your revenue by 25% you are breaking even. Anything less than that and you are losing money. I would recommend that you evaluate the expected lift and then make your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    so you are getting a sale every 4th click? (must be nice . . . )?

No, that's what I'm saying. Statistically that sways the odds far in favor of GC to take a huge cut. I really like the data feed store. However, I can't afford to give away sales. I'd rather pay a membership fee. The way I see it is that it is going to be extremely difficult to make a sale before that 4th click. No one selects an item and goes straight to pay for it. Am I understanding this correctly? Most will shop around (exceeding 4th clicks) which in turn credits GC. Forgive me because I'm very new to all of this. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    by the way, at GoldenCAN all the new merchant signups have been free of the 4th-click loss for quite a while. Have you looked at the list?
    I have looked at the list. There are some but none that specialize in the products I promote. I know I will eventually broaden my horizons and explore other products. I just don't really see this 4th click deal as being financially beneficial to affiliates whatsoever. Nothing against GC. They've got to make a buck. I would really like to see some actual stats on conversion rates of 4th click merchants.

RRack, I don't think it works quite that way. All they are saying is that your 4th click is theirs. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th etc are yours. So long as your user does not convert in 4th, 8th, 12th or 16th click the user is yours. If they convert on any multiple of 4 then they keep it.

Statistically speaking, if you give up every 4th click of yours, you are going to give up 25% of your revenue.

Hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by breserk
    RRack, I don't think it works quite that way. All they are saying is that your 4th click is theirs. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th etc are yours. So long as your user does not convert in 4th, 8th, 12th or 16th click the user is yours. If they convert on any multiple of 4 then they keep it.

Statistically speaking, if you give up every 4th click of yours, you are going to give up 25% of your revenue.

Hope this makes sense.

Oh duh. Now I get it. I was under the impression that after that 4th, it is GCs and no turning back. That's sounds a lot more fair I guess. Like I said, I'm completely green with all this. Thanks for the clarification. Another thing learned. I've come a long way in the last week.

Thanks a bunch!

Happy to help

Changing Later?
    If you're a newbie to affiliate marketing, does it make sense to start with 4th click for simplicity and speed of getting up and running?

And once you've matured in your knowledge/ability, can you revise your status to a paid affiliate?

Thanks.

Gregg

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by wordznpics
    If you're a newbie to affiliate marketing, does it make sense to start with 4th click for simplicity and speed of getting up and running?

And once you've matured in your knowledge/ability, can you revise your status to a paid affiliate?

Thanks.

Gregg
    you'll have to look at it a little differently. first of all, you don't lose one click out of four if you are using merchants who offer their feed free of the 4th click. All new merchants who have signed up are "free" now. Of course, you must still be a member of their (the merchants) programs.

Now, that's GoldenCAN. In popshops, which is similar, you must pay a little per month to really make use of it, and again you must be a member of the merchants program.

by the way, there is a free page maker in Shareasale that you can use.

To a newbie, I say pick a good subject, one you really love, and build on that using basic coding and adding pages also with the page makers.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread