Leacherousity
    So as not to divert a particular Linkshare thread too far off topic, I'm bringing my question here.

bwc wrote:

Are the pennies Google gives us to run their ads worth all Google does against us? I'm about to tear every search box off my site along with everything to do with leacherousity (is that a word? - I better put a trade mark to it - leacherousity - the act of being leacherous.)
    I haven't used google search boxes yet, but I was planning to get some up soon. I haven't noticed any leacherousity on their part, but I would worry about any debaucherosity they might exhibit.

bwc, What is your experience? Google seems pretty clean to me. I'd appreciate knowing what trouble you are having with search boxes before I put mine up.
    thanks.

there seems to be a good fence between the two google operations. I don't think we can compare what is going on as if they are connected.

Still confused about Google problems
    I still don't get it. Two operations with a fence between. I can see that. Maybe the search engine updates and algorithm changes jerk people's serp's around. Ok, I never get very high in the serp's anyway.

So, the AdSense ads and the search boxes are not connected to the regular search engine. I agree that it seems that way. What is bugging bwc? He is about tear his hair out. I'd hate to see that.

I want to put up search boxes too. But I don't want to have to tear my hair out. I'd waste too many hormones growing it back. I've got other plans for those hormones.

ABW Ambassador
    Go ahead and put them up. Yahoo has a search box, MSN has a search box, Google has a search box. Google is the only one that pays. Don't worry about bwc.

Hey, I made the big time . . . someone actually made a thread after one of my words~! What an honor . . .

I haven't had any problems at all with the search as I generally put it on my site because of the option of it searching my own site.

The problem is the thought that affiliates are severely penalized by Google. How often do your pages even come up unless you're a paying customer or have the only item that nobody else on the planet has?

I read my logs and stats regularly. I don't see very much traffic actually coming FROM Google so why should I deliver them traffic for free? I do get a lot of traffic from a number of OTHER SEs so I was thinking of providing search outside my site to those that actually support ME and doesn't penalize affiliates.

What has Google done for YOU lately? Not a freakin' thing here~!
    I say they've gotten too big for their britches and it's time to let'em know about it.

ABW Ambassador
    I got no problems taking pennies from google. They aren't giving me anything else and I've decided to move on, quite frankly.

The reason: This search should return a site (or fifty) detailing the function of those 10-15 wires on the back of an aftermarket car stereo. It did a couple years back.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread