Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs down Mass Merchants Exiting?
    Well not quite, but 5 in one day. What is going on LinkShare? Such a piss off too becasue I just finished taking the time to add pretty well all of these merchants feeds to my product comparison search engine. Not to mention just before the busy season. Someone please tell me this is a glitch or something? I Guess that's just how it goes sometimes!

Discontinued Merchant Programs ( More Info )
    Merchant Name Date Ended Merchant Contact
    {*}Domestications.com 03-NOV-05 affiliate@domestications.com

{*}Silhouettes (Hanover Direct) 03-NOV-05 rrodimer@hanoverdirect.com

{*}TheCompanyStore.com and CompanyKids.com 03-NOV-05 affiliate@thecompanystore.com

{*}Undergear.com 03-NOV-05 dhobbs@hanoverdirect.com

{*}International Male (Hanover Direct, Inc) 03-NOV-05 dhobbs@hanoverdirect.com

Well in the short run you've lost some time and effort, but in the long run you've saved a lot.

Those programs went down the drain almost two years ago.

All five of those are different brands of the same company, so I'm not sure I would consider it a mass exodus.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I actually had some sales with some of them. And didn't get notice (yet) they were leaving LS. Anyone know if they're moving or just quitting AM. (Strange time of the year to bug out)

Ah . . . if you go to undergear.com or international male's sites you'll find a signup link to CJ.

must have been end-of-contract time.

ABW Ambassador
    It makes sense that all these merchants left at the same time - they are all Hanover Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    [QUOTE=Ah . . . if you go to undergear.com or international male's sites you'll find a signup link to CJ.[/QUOTE]

I see the links on their web sites, but I can't find them in the CJ network.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr_Sacc
    Ah . . . if you go to undergear.com or international male's sites you'll find a signup link to CJ.
    I see the links on their web sites, but I can't find them in the CJ network.
    may take a day or three; look at what happened with Vermont Country Store. (what the h@#%$ did happen there?)

Oh, and Gumps.com is part of the group.

15 years and counting
    You can now sign up with them at CJ. It's up.

Yeah I just saw domestications at cj. Don't think I'll bother. I applied to them in Sept 2004 and I'm still pending lol. I lost interest long ago.

[B]I know it's just me, but I only put ads in from Linkshare and SAS because I get better reports, and merchants,and a check sometimes.The others have such a complex system, it takes a lawyer to figure them out.i am an engineer with 2 degrees, and hundreds of seminars,and conventions, to learn and then train others in profitable retailing.There once was a time when the food merchants got along, no more, and it's not Walmart, or Sam's club,it was poor management and attempted buy-outs, called green mail that ended my career, after 47 years.I still remember what I learned, but no jobs,at least around here,I know which companies are forcing the staff to work overtime without being paid for it, and the benefits are crappy.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Thumbs down
    Just got this email (on 11/4/05 BTW.) You just gotta love merchants who change networks during the holidays, especially giving everyone notice the day AFTER they switch.

Mods, please edit this message if need be.
    Dear Affiliate Partner,

We at Undergear appreciate your ongoing participation in our affiliate program. In our ongoing effort to improve our program, we have two important announcements to share with you.

First we are proud to announce we have chosen to have our affiliate program(s) proactively managed by PartnerCentric, a leading outsourced affiliate management company.

Second, Undergear has decided to partner with Commission Junction for our network solution and DirectTrack for our in-house platform. We are aware that migrating over may take some time. To facilitate this transition, our dedicated PartnerCentric team stands ready to answer any questions you may have. We're currently putting the final touches on our Commission Junction account, and the Direct Track program is only a couple of weeks out.

Here's the scoop.
    At 6:00 PM EST November 3rd 2005, all Linkshare & Linksynergy links along with their tracking will cease to function. After this time, you will no longer earn commissions from Undergear via Linkshare. The remainder of your earnings for Undergear within the Linkshare network will be credited to you in the next pay cycle, no matter the amount.

On the afternoon of November 4th, 2005, we would like to invite our publishers to come and join us on either the Commission Junction network or Direct Track in-house platform. For CJ, it is imperative that you apply to our program through this link http://affiliates.partnercentric.com/undergear , or we will NOT accept your application. We're looking for the best of the best to join our Undergear family and would love to have you apply! If your application is declined and you think there is a good fit between your site and ours, please e-mail us directly. CJ program will be available on the afternoon of November 4th.

Commission Junction Payout:

5% commission on all net sales

Join today and get going on increasing your commissions http://affiliates.partnercentric.com/undergear

If you prefer to work with us directly through our in-house Direct Track platform, we will be launching this program within a month. This program will offer a slightly higher commission than that of CJ, in addition to having other flexible platform features. Please submit your email address to us at affiliate@undergear.com. Once the program is live, we will let you know ASAP!

Direct Track Payout:
    6% commission on all net sales

Once you are accepted into the Commission Junction program, you will be able to grab links and creative, but they will not track until the afternoon of Nov 4th. At this time, the Commission Junction interface will be live and links within the system will track sales accordingly. We look forward to a smooth transition and will do our best to keep you informed of some exciting upcoming promotions. Please visit the Undergear Affiliate Forum located here: http://www.partnercentric.com/forum/...splay.php?f=78 and here: http://affiliates.partnercentric.com/undergear for up to date information regarding this news. We want to hear from you and answer any questions or comments that you have! We are here to work with you to make our relationship a success.

affiliate@undergear.com

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Undergear & The PartnerCentric Team
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Bad move....

For the record, we were contacted and were in talks to manage the Hanover accounts and we respectfully decided not to take them on for several reasons.....

We knew about their desire to move and we strongly advised them against it in Q4. This is the kiss of death for merchant affiliate sales in Q4 and a true slap in the face for all the current affiliates on LS which will wonder what happened to their sales in Q4.

I'm surprised any OPM would actually agree and go ahead with this major network change, affecting so many brands in Q4, they should have known better...

IMO, again affiliates get screwed...

We need more merchants and maybe OPM's educated in basic common sense affiliate marketing 101....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *Sees that Domestications finally left Snare!*
    *Runs to sign up!*
    *Sees microscopic 2% base commission and 6% "on new customers, for only Nov and Dec, and hopefully you'll forget to rip links in Jan" lamefest offer*
    *LMAO! Runs AWAY! Without signing up!*

*Goes to ABW to ridicule them and their microscopic 2%*

Bah...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http://affiliates.Fartnercentric.com/signup_or_die or we will NOT accept your application.
    LOL, I think we've all gotten the same spamolas as of late, but this one certainly takes the cake!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    ROFL Scott. Guess you just got to laugh when people do stuff that stupid. And then just keep multiplying the stupidity factor.

TWO PERCENT!

Hey buddy, can you spare a dime?

Oh, Haiko, too funny!!

I'm clicking and clicking on your link trying to see what it is. I about fell off my chair when I realized why I could not. Thanks for the laugh.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Is advance notification something they even consider?
    What p/o's me is that they send out a mass email notifying the affiliates on FRIDAY NIGHT.. but the program actually was shut off on THURSDAY NIGHT at midnight!

Is that a message that "hanover doesnt give a sh** about the affiliates or what??"

New advertisers at CJ
    New Advertisers
    Hide
    Advertiser Joined Category Sale Lead Click
    The Company Store / Company... 4-Nov-2005 Bed & Bath Sale: 2.00% USD
    Lead: 6.00% USD
    Domestications 4-Nov-2005 Bed & Bath Sale: 2.00% USD
    Lead: 6.00% USD
    International Male 4-Nov-2005 Men's Sale: 5.00% USD
    Undergear 4-Nov-2005 Men's Sale: 5.00% USD
    Silhouettes 4-Nov-2005 Women's Sale: 5.00% USD

What amuses me is the mass email going out through LS's email system, mentioning CJ and Direct Track by name.

I'd have expected an announcement through the LS mail saying in 2-4 weeks they're leaving LS, but I have to wonder if using LS's email system to tell people to follow them to a competitor is something that violates their LS contract.

Not to mention slapping all of us in the face with zero notice. I've managed to get back into 4 of the 5 programs as of now, but they're at the bottom of my list to promote.

LOL my Hanover Male application to join them at Linkshare has been pending for MONTHS!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just warn us all on which programs Fartnerscent-trick manages so we can be forewarned of how much brain power is behind them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Fartnerscent-trick
    OMG - that is too funny!

Another "Oh by the way, we've switched networks today."

We are all hunters, but this is a trail that I can't see following...

Fred

Pathetic timing and a horrible transition. I was leaving them on some pages, hoping for a quick turnaround on the apps in CJ, but I've had it and I'm removing them later today.

At this point, even if I'm approved, they will not receive the level of traffic they received in the past.

They've earned the demotion.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast