Unhappy Merchant Payment in Analytics
    When does LS post merchant payments to Analytics. I have merchants who paid a few weeks ago (STP), but it still doesn't show. The last Overstock payment didn't show until the check was processed, which makes the "merchant payments" reporting useless.

It seems they don't post it until they pay you. I'm totally confused and posted something yesterday similiar to this type of question. I can't beleive the thousands of dollars LS spent on a stats program that has been in beta for 11 months and is still quite useless.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thousands? Try millions. A total waste of money if you ask me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Millions?

Really??

For something that is still in beta???

For something that works at a snails pace????

For something I still cannot figure out how to use???

Wow, Mr. Messer really pulled the wool over the Raktuken folks, didn't he?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Is there a report that shows where an affiliate link was clicked?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Ron's explanation isn't entirely accurate.

Some background on the Merchant Payment History report logic.....

The invoice periods in the Merchant Payment History report update after at least one of your merchants has paid LinkShare for that month and we've issued that payment to you. For example, as soon as we issue your first merchant September commission payment, you will see the September invoice period appear in your Merchant Payment History report. So, the delay occurs initially and up until that first payment is included in a LinkShare batch. After the monthly column appears, you will actually see all merchant payment dates as they occur/clear with LinkShare.

dpl882,
    If STP's payment cleared before our 10/22 batch, you should see it in both payment reports. If it didn't and no payments from the month in question have made it into a LinkShare batch yet, that would explain why you are not seeing their payment reflected in the Merchant Payment History report.

Kelli

ABW Ambassador
    Have you guys figured out yet that affiliates don't really like Analytics and you're going to continue forward with it, not listening to your customers (affiliates) But who cares what they think right. I know I'll be linking to these threads in the future.

Yes, I know Linkshare has a focus group of somekind that gives them input. I'd sure like to know what they have told LS about Synergy Analytics. I know from our perspective here it is very clear what affiliates think about the program and how poorly it has evolved. I for one would be very happy if we set the clock back one year and used those old reports. Back then I knew what I was going to get paid very easily. With the current system I know the merchant sends LS a check, but I have no clue as to what period the check is for.

Is anyone here at ABW a member of LS's "special" group that they consult with?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Is anyone here at ABW a member of LS's "special" group that they consult with?
    I am, and everyone knows how critical I've been about Synergy Analytics. But I get the feeling that it's kind of like telling a general contractor "I changed my mind about tearing down my house and rebuilding it. Can you put the old one back now?"
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael,

Thank you for sharing. I really appreciate it.

Anyone else?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

If that's how the report is supposed to work, then it is a waste of time. There should be no problem for you to program the reports to continually update without a delay every month. STP paid their bill last month for Sept sales. It didn't make it to the 22nd commission payments. It's Oct 4th and still doesn't reflect as paid in Analytics. What's the point of this report, if it's useless the first half of the month? So basically, even though STP paid last month, it won't be reflected until another merchant pays this month?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    The invoice periods in the Merchant Payment History report update after at least one of your merchants has paid LinkShare for that month and we've issued that payment to you.
    Thank you for that. However, my question has always been (and maybe it was here too) - Why doesn't the merchant's payment actually get accurately reflected somewhere in the interface when it is received by Linkshare?

I know for a fact, that merchants have paid, and you have received their money - but it doesn't show (for time measured in weeks). Maybe this is exactly what you're saying - if so, sorry for the annoying repetitive question.

Fred

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    dpl882,
    I recognize that the delay needs to be addressed and we are working on it. Also, you don't have to wait for another merchant to pay in order for the STP payment to appear in the report. I'm guessing they were one of your first merchants to pay their September commissions and, as you said, their payment didn't make it in time for the 10/22 batch. That means it will be included in the first November batch and at that time it will be reflected in the Merchant Payment History report, whether another merchant has paid their Sept. commissions or not. Once the column appears, you'll continue to see it update for your other merchants as we receive their commissions for that month.

I hope this makes sense and do recognize and appreciate the confusion that this delay causes.

Kelli

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread