Help with a report? Please!
    Hi all!
    I am doing a report for one of my marketing classes and I need some information about affiliate marketing. More specifically I need to know about affiliates. Who are affiliates? What kind of site do you run/ own? Is it successful? What do you look for in a merchant? How do you get traffic? and basically anything else you can tell me about you and your business.

I am going to do the report kind of like an interview type thing so if everyone could give me a variety of answers that would be great!

Thank you so much!

Oh, my...

Affiliates and affiliate marketing is like snow flakes. No two are alike.

Hopefully some folks will give you some generalities, though.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Don't tell her anything. Don't recruit competition I will say there is a 100% failure rate and everyone in the class should stay far away.

If you are that afraid of competition in affiliate marketing is probably a dieing market. Although the rest of the information doesnít point to that, their was what, like 2.5 million dollars paid out to affiliate marketers last year. I could only imagine that you TrustNo1 are NOT part of that payout. It kind of looks like you do nothing all day but watch the online forums for other people to make fun of to make your self feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Oh, my...

Affiliates and affiliate marketing is like snow flakes. No two are alike.

Hopefully some folks will give you some generalities, though.
    Hello, my name is Joe Bob and I'm an affiliate marketing addict. Once upon a time I made a sale of my pet rock online and I wuz hooked. Now I sell pet monkees and add bananas as a cross-sell but that's not my problem. My problem is I can't get rid of all the pet rocks because my monkees like to play with them and I can't fullfill my contract to my customers cuz the monkeys are eating the bananas faster than I can fill the boxes~! But I'm gonna quit this gig someday, retire on monkey island and be happy as a clam cuz that's where all the pet rocks come from and when I finish selling them off I'll be the next internet gazillionaire~!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleWoman
    If you are that afraid of competition in affiliate marketing is probably a dieing market.
    It's damn near killing me~!
    No but really, the only way you're going to find out what all the commotion is about is jump in with your big toe and start reading and scratching on your keyboard.

Wow honeys arenít you brilliant, you can type on a computer and be a smarty pants to someone you can't see. Wow I am amazed. You are so very cool!

Wow honeys arenít you brilliant, you can type on a computer and be a smarty pants to someone you can't see. Wow I am amazed. You are so very cool!
    I didn't mean anything offensive. That's my sense of humor. I do believe I immediately stated in the next post that you need to do your own studying. You'll get more out of it by doing your own report. You might also gain a sense of humor.

If you have more direct questions instead of requests to tell you what it's all about you might get more help. WHY, because affiliate marketing is apparently more than you understand at this point in your time. You are not fully understanding the mentality of an affiliate. A key thing in these forums are that, even though alot of people at ABW are here because we are marketers, it is that very thing that makes us all competitors as well.

Help is here if you look for it and ask questions. People here love to show you what they have learned. It's human nature. But please, don't take offense because alot of people, like me for example, come here for many different reasons. Some like to learn about coding or parasites or a whole boatload of subjects. I also come here to blow off steam. I come to laugh at jokes too.
    There's a place for everything at ABW . . . spend some time you'll see I'm not the only joker.

I am going to do the report kind of like an interview type thing so if everyone could give me a variety of answers that would be great!

Thank you so much!
    I'll be your huckleberry . . . really . . . and I will honestly not try to be funny either. I love simple women. What's your name. I'm Brian. Joe Bob is my almost evil twin. I'll stuff him back in the trailer if'n ya want me to.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    A good place to understand more about affiliate marketers is at the roots. This thread might interest you:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...iate+marketing
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thumbs up
    Thank you, everyone at least giving me a reply to my question about affiliate marketing and affiliate marketers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread