Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    How bad does your day suck?
    I fell down the stairs this morning. Fortunately other than bruises and strained muscles I was unhurt. Unfortunately the carpeting and tile in the foyer didn't fare as well. I was carrying a cup of coffee and an ashtray full of ashes and butts.

On top of that I just had $100 in reversals on CJ.

So, how bad is your day sucking?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I fell down the stairs this morning. Fortunately other than bruises and strained muscles I was unhurt. Unfortunately the carpeting and tile in the foyer didn't fare as well. I was carrying a cup of coffee and an ashtray full of ashes and butts.

So, how bad is your day sucking?
    Damn ... I was gonna complain but a backed up kitchen sink for a week is nothing compared to your day Rhea. Hope your brusies heal quickly. The carpet? Hmmmmmmmm ... it'll clean eventually. You're lucky you didn't break a bone. The CJ reversals? ARGHHHHHHHHHH - you ARE having a bad day. :-(

Sending you positive energy, for what it's worth.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

So sorry to hear about your fall, Rhea! Hope everything gets better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    That's nothing! Just about half an hour ago I had my programmer put through a test order (not telling me anything in advance) that showed as an order coming through an affiliate. I have no clue why the programmer chose the $998.95 item, and not just a keychain or something small... Now I have to void that transaction and be ready to tell the affiliate the story (hope he will understand).

Geno

I've been working in my back yard off and on all day. Sewer line is plugged and I have to work down in a hole and the "snake" device is encountering a blockage six feet down the pipe.

Those who are tired of being ignored by google and who have no sales in CJ are welcome to come help.

See? Things aren't quite so bad, after all, are they? (and I'm sorry to hear about the fall, Rhea)

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    ... tired of being ignored by google...
    What is with Google these days? Is there a discussion on this somewhere at ABW? One of my best affiliate sites turned into nothing within a matter of just a couple of days...

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What is with Google these days? Is there a discussion on this somewhere at ABW? One of my best affiliate sites turned into nothing within a matter of just a couple of days...
    Update Jagger.

And of course, any of several debate threads about how sites should be made, for Goofle in general. Search around...

I have no clue why the programmer chose the $998.95 item, and not just a keychain or something small... Now I have to void that transaction and be ready to tell the affiliate the story (hope he will understand).
    Rhea's fall may have hurt, but YOU are in truly deep caca, there.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

glad you are ok. target has a steam vac that can probably clean up the coffee stain. It's on sale for 89.99

as for the reversal sorry

my days pretty good.

Rhea,

Sorry to hear about your fall. You have to be careful on stairs! (I know you already know this...)

I doubt it will make you feel better, but I think everyone has days like that from time to time. I've had days where I literally would have been better off if I'd just stayed in bed with the covers pulled over my head.

It's only temporary, and it will get better.

Andy

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I wasn't paying attention to the time and went to the bank to make a deposit - and there was a crowd outside - it was only 5 to 9. So I had to wait 5 minutes.

Sorry! That's the worst thing that happened.

I went to the gas station after the bank to get cigs and coffee ... and...

FOUR DEUCES - $250!!

(So is good fortune considered off-topic?)

Sorry you're having one of those days! At least you weren't hurt too bad. I have that steamvac from target, works pretty well. Otherwise try using Capture on the carpet - just be sure the stain is dry.

Hope tomorrow is better.

Thanks, guys. I feel better just reading your stories. Herb's in particular. I think I'm having a better day than he is. Ooh, I hate it when the septic tank gets funky.

The latest snafu here is something apparently collided with one of our wood piles which promptly collapsed. I can't believe we're going to have to restack that thing!

I'm gonna close the shades and drapes and go hide under the bed now.

Rhea,

Sorry about your fall. I can sympathize. I'm still recovering from a bad sprained ankle a few weeks ago when my dog tripped me at the top of the stairs. Fortunately, I fell towards the top of the stairs and not down the stairs. That day was also one of the most miserable days of what has turned out to be a 4 week (so far) cold/upper respiratory infection. I nearly hacked up a lung. Add to that the fact that that was the day I realized that I should've sent off my tax payment on SEPTEMBER 15th and not October 15th... plus plumbing problems. I was tempted to ask what else would go wrong, but I knew if I did, Mr. Murphy would inevitably show up to tell me.

What is that saying? "Misery loves company"? LOL. Here's hoping your day gets better real quick!

-M
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    So sorry to hear about your fall, Rhea! Hope everything gets better soon.

That's nothing! Just about half an hour ago I had my programmer put through a test order (not telling me anything in advance) that showed as an order coming through an affiliate. I have no clue why the programmer chose the $998.95 item, and not just a keychain or something small... Now I have to void that transaction and be ready to tell the affiliate the story (hope he will understand).

Geno
    Geno, I had an ACTUAL sale go through for over 12k a few years ago and received only a $7 lead for it. It was around Christmas time and I was thrilled to see the order. But my first thought was I made 10% on that. I forgot it was only a lead payout. It was a HUGE let-down for me so I can imagine what that will do for your guy.

You do have an alternative though . . . you could pay him as if the sale was real~! Good luck . . .

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Now I have to void that transaction and be ready to tell the affiliate the story (hope he will understand).
    Geno,

If the affiliate has the same attitude as the guy in the thread below... no problems

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=4360

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Geno,

If the affiliate has the same attitude as the guy in the thread below... no problems

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=4360
    $205,038.00 error . . . what a heart rape~! You've got an all time high and low there buddy . . . I woulda shut down and went to the bar for either reason.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Rhea look on the bright side, at least you did the fall at home. I did one down some stairs a few weeks ago in public. I did manage to do a rather fantastic (IMO) in-flight twist to catch the handrail so I didn't go down the whole flight of stairs. Fortunately there was a limited audience for my performance. I did get some rather impressive bruises all the way down my leg which I later showed off as family abuse.

But seriously, glad you weren't seriously hurt and hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I thought I was having a bad day until I read your post. Please take this in the right way - Thank you for making me feel better about MY day!!

ABW Ambassador
    Uh, was just cleaning up my desk. Was a stack of checks i forgot about. Void after 90 days. From June or July.

Here's the score from yesterday's tumble down the stairs:

Me: my bum hurts, my back and shoulder muscles are sore and I have a heck of a bruise on one of my knuckles (carpet burn, too)
    Carpet: cleaned up great. It's a dark sage color that doesn't show stains much.
    Tile: several little chips where the glass I was carrying collided with it.
    Walls: coffee stains everywhere on my off-white walls. Not sure how to get that out. Suggestions?

Poor hubby. Used to be he only panicked when he knew I was leaving the house. Now he worries about me just being home. In case you were wondering the dogs were in no way involved with me falling down the stairs. I managed it all by myself!

Geeze Kelly and meadowmufn, I feel guilty complaining about my boo-boos compared to what happened to you two. We're all lucky we didn't break our necks or limbs! Better to bounce than break.

Today will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Geno,

If the affiliate has the same attitude as the guy in the thread below... no problems...
    Thankfully, it was Tim (aka infoTim) and we sorted it out quickly; as affiliates - that have worked for me for some time - know that I'm never gonna let them down. Trust is so important in this industry! ...and trust me, that programmer was scolded badly for this. It it were a different affiliate, it could've turned into a scandal...

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Uh, was just cleaning up my desk. Was a stack of checks i forgot about. Void after 90 days. From June or July.
    ATMs are there for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    ATMs are there for a reason!
    Speaking of which (ATMs), the only Citibank ATM in my neighbourhood has had no cash in it for the last two days...

[B]Since I am alone,my wife fell alot,diabetes and osterarthitis,she lost the strengh in her legs, and hands, I tried to get her up, if she went into shock, I gave her a lot of orange juice,and a spsecial sugar wafer that came with her test kit.When we moved her, her doctor changed a lot of thing, she had help to shop, laundry,a nurse,a therapist,and was losing the water weight, the young girl put wax on the kitchen floor, she slipped,but said she was oK, I call the police to help get her up in her recliner, but they took her to the hospital, and then some fraud nursing home,they didn't have care for diabetics,it was a 40 mile trip in a siren blasting ambulance,the place didn;t care for those with heart,kidney or liver condtions,they sent her back to the hospita, all this time her doctor was on vacation,she didn't make it.So when I get up, I make a meal, cleanup,check the news,come here,read the posts, check reorts.With a piece of shrapel in my gut,vision and hearing conditions, and a recurring foot fungus, my days are sometimes a little better than others.right now,i am concerned about earning a few bucks,since my cost of living went up like most, food is high,and gas higher,thanks GWB my benefits drop, rent goes up.
    But I joined the army to go to Korea,i heard about how vicious the reds treated our guys,now we are being blamed for doing the same thing.Otherwise . everyting is cool.
    Coffee helps.
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

ABW Ambassador
    "ATMs are there for a reason!"

My gf usually drops them off, she works at a bank that i bank with I should get direct deposit, need to get organized. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "ATMs are there for a reason!"

My gf usually drops them off, she works at a bank that i bank with I should get direct deposit, need to get organized. My bad.
    I meant, if you put a stale check through an ATM it's a lot more likely to pass...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast