Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    AcmeHardware External Links & GoldenCan
    We have been diligently looking for a partner that can best support our efforts to have the best affiliate program possible. We contacted GoldenCan to publish our data feed of over 45,000 products and they informed us that we could not join their program. They walked us through our website and showed us traffic leaks, such as ads and others that would bring negative value to our affiliate partners.

    Taking GoldenCan's advice this weekend we are getting rid of all leaks, ads and banners that could cause an affiliate lead to exit our website.

    We at AcmeHardware are dedicated to our customers and partners.
    We will do everything possible to make long lasting and valued relationships.

    This weekend our team will make these correction and we hope next week to be partnered with GoldenCan.

    Regards, Steve
    Last edited by AcmeHardware.com; November 4th, 2005 at 02:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by AcmeHardware.com
    We have been diligently looking for a partner that can best support our efforts to have the best affiliate program possible. We contacted GoldenCan to publish our data feed of over 45,000 products and they informed us that we could not join their program. They walked us through our website and showed us traffic leaks, such as ads and others that would bring negative value to our affiliate partners.

    Taking GoldenCan's advice this weekend we are getting rid of all leaks, ads and banners that could cause an affiliate lead to exit our website.

    We at AcmeHardware are dedicated to our customers and partners.
    We will do everything possible to make long lasting and valued relationships.

    This weekend our team will make these correction and we hope next week to be partnered with GoldenCan.

    Regards, Steve
    Steve,
    Thank you for taking the time to talk to me and for your understanding on why we at GoldenCAN want merchants to clean their websites for external links and leaks before we bring them at GoldenCAN.

    We here at GoldenCAN want to do our best to bring good things to affiliates and affiliate marketing.

    Looking forward to see on GoldenCAN.

  3. #3
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winter Park, FL
    Posts
    6,930
    Steve, you are to be commended for posting this information here. I believe behavior like this will attract quality affiliates to your program! No one is perfect, but your honesty and forthrightfulness is obvious.

    Asif, thanks for helping merchants to help us! GoldenCAN is a nice tool - I added some products to a site of mine today using a store integration and the new subcategory feature! And thanks for being proactive with prospective merchants - this shows us how you truly feel about affiliates!!!

    I salute you both!

  4. #4
    Internet Cowboy
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,662
    What Donuts said. When so many other merchants look for ways to screw affiliates out of commission by using PPC ads etc. on their site, AcmeHardware realizes their mistakes and takes measures to clean it up. This says a lot about your program.
    If you could put your program on Auto-Deposit, you would then have a bullet proof affiliate program. Granted, history shows you not going offline due to low funds, but when an affiliate promotes your program and sees the 'Low Funds' notation, it makes us nervous.
    Nice move Steve!!


  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    We had the same issue when I spoke with Asif last week about partnering with GoldenCan, but we have removed all of the banner ads on our web site and our program will be on GoldenCan by the end of the day.

  6. #6
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winter Park, FL
    Posts
    6,930
    One of my web sites has home furnishings. I was building resources pages for my site today. It occured to me to go fishing for related products. I used the COOL find-a-merchant feature at GoldenCAN and found tons of home decorating magazines. I signed up with MagazinesQuick through ShareASale (I'm already a SAS aff) and was autoapproved in ~30 seconds. I built a store integration using GC for the sub category of Home & Garden within GC for the MagazinesQuick feed that Asif maintains. I now have tons of related, focused home and garden magazines on a page at my site. On this one, it has 5 pages visitors can page forward through and see the mags I sell. Setting up the store in GC took less than 2 minutes including logging in and such. Building the web page took about 10 minutes (it was a new page and I still manually add new pages to my site map and stuff like that - plus I backup after editing). And now, it needs no maintenance - GoldenCAN will automaically add any new mags that MagazinesQuick puts in their feed and take away any that go away. Pricing and the rest are all automatic as well. I set it up and forget it and go off to build more.

    So Steve... you know how sometimes it seems like it takes forever for new and existing affiliate pages to get built... a real pain for affiliate managers - overcoming the work affs know they'll have to do to add a new merchant... your move into GoldenCAN changes all that. Next time you try and recruit an affiliate, start your pitch with "Hey, you got 2 minutes to add my products to your site"

  7. #7
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winter Park, FL
    Posts
    6,930
    Oh yeah... the cool feature GoldenCAN has to find products / merchants... it's just a special store Asif built that contains everything including all new merchants.

    http://www.goldencan.com/help/FindMerchants.aspx

    Why is this tool worth using?

    I love this tool Asif / GC made (cuz I was the one that asked Asif for it). BUT, as it turns out, I use it a whole lot more than even I thought I would. When Asif adds new merchants, he automatically adds their entire feed to this cool feature of his. So it is the first place I start when adding ANY new products to my sites. I can trip across merchants, products, known feeds and some competing products to those I sell - all in one place. Before Asif built this little baby, doing this meant visitng hoards of merchants sites to see what they offer and which network they go through etc. This little tool saves me oodles of time, finds new products for me in a snap and leads me from "product to merchant" very quickly (instead of my old backwards technique of searching "merchant by merchant to find products").

    It lets you looks through all of the merchants' products currently at GoldenCAN and you don't even have to sign up with GC to use do this!!!!

    We sell products - Asif made it easy for us to find more and to put them on our sites quickly and leave our maintenance worries behind.

    As a result of using this feature, I've thought of yet another new GoldenCAN feature I want Asif to add... apparently, he loves it when I make more work for him - cuz he always says yes!

  8. #8
    Full Member bwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rock Town USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by AcmeHardware.com
    We at AcmeHardware are dedicated to our customers and partners. We will do everything possible to make long lasting and valued relationships. This weekend our team will make these correction and we hope next week to be partnered with GoldenCan.

    Regards, Steve
    Hi Steve, I hope I had an influence on your decision. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone/merchants are actually listening when I ask them to consider using GC for those of us that can't be bothered with learning to do datafeeds.

    Thanks to anyone that helps out . . . and I hope everyone asks their merchants with datafeeds to open up to GoldenCAN.

    And, by the way, I think Asif is Santa Claus~! Thanks for everything~!

  9. #9
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    Hi Steve, I hope I had an influence on your decision. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone/merchants are actually listening when I ask them to consider using GC for those of us that can't be bothered with learning to do datafeeds.

    Thanks to anyone that helps out . . . and I hope everyone asks their merchants with datafeeds to open up to GoldenCAN.

    And, by the way, I think Asif is Santa Claus~! Thanks for everything~!
    AceHardware told me that their affiliate asked them to be on GoldenCAN.
    who knows may be it was you

  10. #10
    Full Member bwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rock Town USA
    Posts
    403
    Asif . . . I sure hope you're raking in some dough cuz brother you made the tool of the decade for me.

  11. #11
    Full Member bwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rock Town USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    AceHardware told me that their affiliate asked them to be on GoldenCAN.
    who knows may be it was you
    Is it ACE hardware or ACME hardware that's coming over? I hope it's ACME because that's who I have and who I've been asking. Ace rejected me about a year ago at BeFree and since that time I've been waited on Acme . . .

  12. #12
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    Is it ACE hardware or ACME hardware that's coming over? I hope it's ACME because that's who I have and who I've been asking. Ace rejected me about a year ago at BeFree and since that time I've been waited on Acme . . .
    Sorry, that was a typo. I ment AcmeHardware.

  13. #13
    Full Member bwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rock Town USA
    Posts
    403
    Any news update yet?

  14. #14
    Tax Paying Member
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    2,119
    Acme Hardware
    When is the big day for Acme to become available on GC??????.
    I am an Acme afiliate and would love to have a bigger slice of the pie.

  15. #15
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    We are waiting for the final update from AcmeHardware.com They are working on their category structure. Hopefully they will be live ar GoldenCAN soon.

  16. #16
    Tax Paying Member
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    2,119
    Close?????
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    We are waiting for the final update from AcmeHardware.com They are working on their category structure. Hopefully they will be live ar GoldenCAN soon.

    Are we getting closer?
    GC for this merchant would be nice.

  17. #17
    Mr. GoldenCan
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    975
    AcmeHardware.com will be available on GoldenCAN in a couple of days.

  18. #18

  19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. links to external websites
    By affiliateNetworkUk in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM
  2. nofollow external links
    By xdude in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
  3. AcmeHardware is now available at GoldenCAN
    By GoldenCAN in forum GoldenCAN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 16th, 2006, 01:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •