New Tool Merchant at Golden Can...ToolKing and LS lose out on this one
    I'm posting this in another thread so as not to steal the thunder of AcmeHardwares announcement that they are now at GoldenCan.

I have been waiting and waiting for LS to let ToolKing use Golden can and now another tool merchant gets there first.

Well, LS, you have out on commissions on this and ToolKing will lose sales as well. I have several dedicated hardware sites and will soon be adding some timely AcmeHardware GoldenCan links for the holidays.

Yes, yes, I already know why LS is not allowing GoldenCan, we don't need to revisit this. I'm just making a statement, not expecting a respone from LS.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

**cough ** forward to ToolKing **cough**
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Yes, yes, I already know why LS is not allowing GoldenCan, we don't need to revisit this. I'm just making a statement, not expecting a respone from LS.
    Ron:

I missed this could you let me know why they won't use GoldenCan?

Linkshare has not fully tested GoldenCan and the integration with their system. That's the Cliff Notes version.

By the way, I just realized this probably should be moved to the LS forum. If a moderator agrees, could you please move it. Thanks.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Actually, Linkshare is implementing new tracking links and hasn't tested GC links for compatability. I'll also add that PSCs and any other similar tools have not been tested either but GC is the only one that has the fourth click so that adds another variable.

Edit: Thanks for moving the thread Michael, based on topic relevance it should be here.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hi Haiko:

I know that Overstock is at GoldenCan. How are they able to do this being a Linkshare merchant? Bear with me as I just started using GoldenCan lol

Internet Cowboy
    Linkshare seems to do what they want, when they want and with no regard to affiliates. That is a damn shame.

Jackson,

LS allowed GC to test their software with two LS merchants, OS was one of them, I forgot who the other initial one was.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

And the problem came, I beleive, when merchants thought LS was accepting GC and started planning to use them with their products, only to be told LS was not accepting any others, that the first three were just for testing.

It has been some time since our last update on testing. Kelli, can you give us any news yet on progress or possible acceptance or denial of the GoldenCan system at LS?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Would be nice to have Asif ( GC developer) summarize the conversion ratio of their 2 Linkshare merchants. Like many domain bound affiliates I use the PSC -DRM and GC creative tools, which should not require any specialized tracking schemes. All these apps just create the link codes on the fly. The conversion advantage should play out by focusing the shopper ...before the click through to a specific landing page. Why a network or merchnat plagued by SERP spammers, BHO's browser spammers, and PPCSE click cheats can't see the value of a GC application is beyond comprehension. Only these creatives guarantee some value-add coming from the affiliates using them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Jackson,

LS allowed GC to test their software with two LS merchants, OS was one of them, I forgot who the other initial one was.

The other one is Sierra Trading Post. I've tried both and saw a remarkable jump in sales.
    ~Ernie

Affiliate Manager
    I'm glad to hear that , Erninator. We've offered the free 4th click GoldenCan since beta testing and it's been great for many affiliates!

Talking
    ACME Hardware? Doesn't the RoadRunner order a lot of stuff from there?

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I'm posting this in another thread so as not to steal the thunder of AcmeHardwares announcement that they are now at GoldenCan.
    When did Acme send this announcement? I've been asking them to do GC for about a month now. I hope I had a direct influence~! Well, off to GC to boost up a little Acme.

It was announced in the GoldenCan forum today.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thx all:

It is amazing to me that Linkshare would not want to make use of this technology, not only from a product standpoint but from the amazing coupons standpoint. To me it's a win win situation. Affiliates with little databasing knowledge can easily keep up on keeping products instock and having up to date coupon offers.

Thanks for the heads-up. Didn't respond since I was elk hunting (didn't get one though). We have not been given an update on when LS will authorize GC for its merchants. It would be nice to see a comparison on merchants in LS using GC. Good to hear that STP did well, lucky for them to get accepted.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    ACME Hardware? Doesn't the RoadRunner order a lot of stuff from there?
    LOL. Typically, the Roadrunner dodges stuff from there. Wiley Coyote is one of their top customers, however.

Well, it sure would be nice if LS gave affiliates and merchants some kind, any kind of update on GC at LS! How long has it been now, a month or more.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Neither Overstock or Sierra Trading Post are managed in any way by the Linkshare inhouse AM firm. Therefore it's not Linkshare corporate that bottlenecks the implimentation of GC to the LS merchant pool. It is the BHO, Duper comparision site and Super affiliate friendly Linkshare AM firm fighting Goldencan implimentation. It has no SERP, e-mail or Browser spam and SEM marketing potential for their playas. Therefore it's a dead issue.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread