Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry You are Funny or you lost it..
    let me get straight to the point..

whats the idea behind sending a cheque for $9??

i live in uk and if i take the cheque to my bank, do u know how much iwill get??

do u know how much my bank charges??

incase u dont, $9 = approx 5.

my bank charges 7 for international cheques.

so i will have to pay my bank if i want to cash this cheque...

so, once i finish writing this message, i have no other option other than to tear the cheque and remove all linkshare programs from the site so that a highly thoughtful act like this doesnt happen again..

first u send a cheque for $39.. when my account showed a xxx balance...

then you send a cheque for $19.. which after putting it in my account i got 3.

now this..

do u really think that paying $9 serves any purpose to international members????

i guess all the good things dont last forever and so does our partnership i guess.

i know u must be sitting and reading this (if someone is here and does take the pain to read all these) Wtf this guy is going on abt.. and does he think that if he leaves the whole program will cease to exist??

well, i dont care what u think.. i wanted to get this outta my head and here it is..

have a good day.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Isn't there some way to enter a minimum amount for you to get a check? I'd think Snare'd love to have a legitimate excuse to sit on a payment...

(Plenty of people would love any and all checks LS manages to send. Heck when they went to consolidated payments, I turned my account back on just to get my $5.98! Didn't put any links back, but at least I finally got my money...)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    They should have it so people can set a minimum before they get a check.

15 years and counting
    I asked several times this question to LinkShare.
    What have you done with all the money from such checks never cashed because not worth it, lost checks (A lot of them were lost before LS fired the gerbill at their mailroom), affiliates giving up with balance less than $25 (Before the Athena fiasco)...
    May be one day I'll get an answer.

praveen, there's a thread in the LinkShare forum, started by or answered by Chris on how to set a minimum threshold in your account to prevent receiving small checks.

well as u know how confusing their control panel is.. i searched all over the place and i couldnt find any min payment amount..
    all my account profile says is the address and the payment type which is set to internation check only..

Zeus, any idea where that thread is ??

Thanks

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    You have to go into Your Account tab, then click on each individual channel you have set up in the Channel Manager. Scroll down a bit and enter the payment threshold you want to set up.

Hope this helps!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

15 years and counting
    praveen - how confusing their control panel is
    They need some feedback on how BAD they are.

I've never set a threshold but I know it's possible. I can't find the thread right now but I'm sure somebody will chime in.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

No one ever listens to poor Lisa....

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    You have to go into Your Account tab, then click on each individual channel you have set up in the Channel Manager. Scroll down a bit and enter the payment threshold you want to set up.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks Lisa.

this sucks big time..

why cant keep it simple and easy to find out like others..

If you wish to not be paid until your balance due reaches a certain level, use this setting to indicate that level. This setting can be different for each of your Affiliate Channels. Please note that LinkShare may use a global minimum as well.
    its an optional field and wonder what they global minimum is..Zero ??

Thanks Haiko

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Zero = no minimum.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

thats it.. weekend cant get more confusing that this..

off for the night...

come morning, off to find someone else who can fill their spots..

Thanks Everyone for ur help

Ave a good weekend

Personally I think they should have it a like a $25 limit, and then you change it if you want. I'm sure some US based affiliates would disagree, but there are so many international affiliates, that there should be a happy medium. Of course it WOULD help to have it right under the Update Profile option.... I guess that would be too easy.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It would be nice to make it easier to set.

The reason, it is like it is , is because you can run multiple accounts (Channels) under one LS account . Each account can be set with a different payment address and payment threshold.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Lisa's right on the money here. If they want to let people set lower minimums, that's one thing, but there's no reason the default shouldn't be set to $25. Or, even better, set the default to $25 for US affiliates and $100 for foreign affiliates. Let them lower it if they want, but that should be a good default for most.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Or, even better, set the default to $25 for US affiliates and $100 for foreign affiliates. Let them lower it if they want, but that should be a good default for most.
    Fully agree, I have more than 10 checks that are not worth banking in. Is there any bad motive with LS, to issue checks in small amount knowing very wel that all foreign banks charges commission more than amount the checks were issued?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    Fully agree, I have more than 10 checks that are not worth banking in. Is there any bad motive with LS, to issue checks in small amount knowing very wel that all foreign banks charges commission more than amount the checks were issued?
    The new LS Japanese owners will more considerate to the legit demands of even the smaller affiliates. International banking restrictions and limitations are something they'd be more familiar with then the current tunnel vision approach.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yeah, I have a handful of checks that are under $0.20 from before the consolidation. My bank charges me $0.20 per check deposited over some quantity per month (and I always exceed that many), so it's not worthwhile for me to deposit checks smaller than $0.20.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I would like to suggest that anyone who has these small uncashable checks endorse them and send them to Haiko so he can deposit them and give the proceeds to the charity of his choice on behalf of ABW.

Better than letting LS have the money free for nothing!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

That's an excellent idea SSanf!

I would like to suggest that anyone who has these small uncashable checks endorse them and send them to Haiko so he can deposit them and give the proceeds to the charity of his choice on behalf of ABW.
    No problem, but the only thing is that the checks are over six months. Can Haiko claim from LS and give it to charity.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Most of my merchants pay at the end of the month so I get a nice size check from LS for the 8th of the month payment. My check for the second period, if I get one at all, is usually much smaller. Last month it was hardly worth the postage it was so small.

Hope someone from LS addresses this soon. Seem to be a lot of interest in setting a minimum like SAS and CJ does. I'll add this to my list of improvements to Ratuken if it is not available.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Setting a threshold
    If you would like to set a threshold, please follow these steps:

1) Log onto your LinkShare account
    2) Click Update Profile
    In the Channel Manager box at the left side of the screen
    3) Click on a channel (icon with blue bar at top of gray box)
    4) In the Payment box input a dollar amount for threshold.
    5) Click Update

Note:
    please only enter positive whole numbers, no dollar signs or use decimal places. If you would like to have a $25 threshold, please enter 25. If you would like a $0 threshold, please enter 0.

In addition you can call Affiliate Support or email contact at linkshare.com with the check numbers you wish to have reissued. They will be added to the balance in your account and sent when the threshold is met.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast