Shoes.com 0 Sales for 150 targetted clicks.
    For other shoe merchants I get a sale within 30 clicks, because I send targetted traffic, but for shoes.com ,,, I see 0 sales for 150 clicks
    And I am thinking to drop them, though it will be real pain for me, because I have more than 500 pages on shoes.com products, but I can't give them free clicks, so I must remove them..

What is your experience with shoes.com , does it really convert? or do they have got tracking problems.

I think 0 sales for 150 clicks is normal for Shoes.com

You can expect 1 sale in every 100 to 150 clicks on average with Shoes.com

You need to send more clicks to gauge if you want to drop them or stay with them. I think Zappos is best converting followed by ShoeBuy although reversals with Zappos is high, you would still be earning more per click with them.

Just my 2@

Hey Nabeel,

I'm from pakistan too and have been doing aff marketing since last few months. Send me a PM and we can share some stuff.

Are your clicks really targetted though? At least in relation to the link destination?

You'll find that in many case their links display one color of an item, yet lead to another color. This throws your targetting out the window.

They also have a habit of putting items in their feed when all they may have left is two size 6's and one size 12. The size 8 customer will be somebody else's customer. This is not necessarily their fault, as the item may no longer be available from their supplier, but this is one thing you have to consider in relation to conversion rates. This is not unusual when it comes to shoe styles; their competitor who carries the same style may only have sizes 6 and 12 left as well.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    They also have a habit of putting items in their feed when all they may have left is two size 6's and one size 12. The size 8 customer will be somebody else's customer. This is not necessarily their fault, as the item may no longer be available from their supplier, but this is one thing you have to consider in relation to conversion rates. This is not unusual when it comes to shoe styles; their competitor who carries the same style may only have sizes 6 and 12 left as well.
    Here is a tip. Usually, by the time many of the sizes are gone, an item is on sale. Don't put individual items that are on sale in your mix. Make a sale section and send the customer to the merchant where they can browse sale shoes by size.
    Spending money to promote an item once it is on sale is a losing proposition more times than not.

150 clicks isn't significant enough. As people above have said, there may be other reasons for your clicks not converting. I take 500 as a cut-off point for merchants who can't convert, I know what my targetting is like and if it gets this high, I know the merchant is not for me.

My own conversion with shoes.com is better than this, but part of this job is finding which merchants fit with you and your sites - that's the nebulous unpredictable part.

I've tried with merchants others rave about and have got nowhere, on the other hand I do fine with merchants that are frequently put down and advice given to ignore them.

Are your clicks really targetted though? At least in relation to the link destination?

You'll find that in many case their links display one color of an item, yet lead to another color. This throws your targetting out the window.

Well, I never thought about that. I will analyze shoes.com products and sizes after Eid.

Thanks.

I'm relatively new to the shoe business, and I have also found that Shoes.com does not convert well. My EPC on Shoes.com is 25% of my EPC on Zappos.com, and ShoeBuy.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    150 clicks isn't significant enough. As people above have said, there may be other reasons for your clicks not converting. I take 500 as a cut-off point for merchants who can't convert, I know what my targetting is like and if it gets this high, I know the merchant is not for me.

My own conversion with shoes.com is better than this, but part of this job is finding which merchants fit with you and your sites - that's the nebulous unpredictable part.

I've tried with merchants others rave about and have got nowhere, on the other hand I do fine with merchants that are frequently put down and advice given to ignore them.
    Yup !

Fred

doing a search I found this thread http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...oto=nextoldest .. so I'm not alone complaining , shoes.com doen't convert well for others too.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, i would keep sending your shoe traffic to whatever shoe merchants are converting at 1/30 for you. Shoebuy and Zappos has always been better converters for me than Shoes.com. However last month all 3 did well for me about a $50 EPC give or take $5, usually don't do that good with Shoes.com.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by snay0
    Hey Nabeel,

I'm from pakistan too and have been doing aff marketing since last few months. Send me a PM and we can share some stuff.

lol.... I don't think you'll be able to receive it.

Well, I made my first sale today from shoes.com after 186 clicks. Sale commission is $14.80 , EPC is $7.96 , too bad compared to other shoe merchants.

Didn't read all the posts so maybe this was covered already but in kind of a hurry...

I myself did some shoe shopping the other day for my son and I shopped both zappos and shoe.com and the thing I know to be the difference between where I made my purchase is that at zappos you can tell what items are in stock and at shoes.com you can't; and that's why I bought from zappos... Infact I never purchase anything online without knowing whether they have the product in stock unless I absolutely have to... I always look for places to shop online that tell you if they have the product I wish to buy is in stock... I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Love You,
    HumbleFish

Well, I have another sale after 21 clicks.
    The sales have started right after I started this thread, what does that mean?
    maybe shoes.com affiliate manager read my thread and turned ON the tracking for my account?

ABW Ambassador
    They also have a rare coupon coming up which can only help in those conversions.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Well, I have another sale after 21 clicks.
    The sales have started right after I started this thread, what does that mean?
    maybe shoes.com affiliate manager read my thread and turned ON the tracking for my account?
    Hi guys,
    For shoes and many other important retail items over $50, customers will typically research before buying..therefore you'll receive a delay in the sales. I don't have the power to "turn off" sales for anyone, and I wouldn't want to if I did...you're my sales team and I want you to be successful so I can be successful!

nableek,
    I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with conversion. I can give you some tips to help.
    -I sent out a newsletter that let affiliates know they can now use a temporary coupon code for the holidays, that will help conversion.
    -We also have our Saturday Sale TOMORROW so you should expect at least 2 or 3 times higher conversion on that day.
    -Promote our top brands if your audience is very generalized and non-niche, I listed those in the newsletter.
    -I do realize the product catalog needs updating especially so the image color matches the landing page color, we're getting that resolved right now. It's 80% completed according to my tech guy so I'll be sending that to affiliates as soon as I get it.

Regarding out of stock features, we do show if a product is in stock. We will only show the sizes and colors that we have in stock. UncleScooter is correct in saying our sale items are limited in availability and at times we do not restock things we're phasing out through a sale item so be careful when promoting those.

We have had a consistant 7-day EPC of around $18 for over a month so I know that if our average affiliate can be there, so can you!

Rebecca Evans
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Shoes.com, Inc

Rebecca -

Of course stock situations are beyond your control for various reasons related to popularity of certains sizes and colors, and availability from your suppliers.

But here's a tip:

At the very least, the color of the product displayed should match the color of the product on the link destination page. When somebody clicks on a link for a blue item and they land on a page showning a black or white pair, that lets the air out of the balloon.

When we build individual links by hand we can check them one-at-a-time, but datafeed users are at a disadvantage in this regard, and PSC users are rolling house-loaded dice.

Affiliate Manager
    Smile
    At the very least, the color of the product displayed should match the color of the product on the link destination page. When somebody clicks on a link for a blue item and they land on a page showning a black or white pair, that lets the air out of the balloon.

When we build individual links by hand we can check them one-at-a-time, but datafeed users are at a disadvantage in this regard, and PSC users are rolling house-loaded dice.
    Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. That's why as soon as I became the account manager for Shoes.com about a month ago, this was one of my first projects to tackle. Currently we have a product catalog on the product level but in about a week I'm expecting the color level product catalog to be finished so this won't be a point of frusteration anymore.

Rebecca

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I think the whole saturday sale thing is the reason why shoes.com doesn't convert much, if I need to buy a shoe right now, I have the CC out of my wallet, and browsing the web to find the best deal for my shoe, land at shoes.com and find it available at a standard rate. and find another site, where it is slightly cheaper, and a coupon is available.

I'd think about waiting till saturday to buy from shoes.com , and since I am browsing for shoes, and since my CC is in my hand already, I'd prolly make a purchase and forget all about the saturday sales.

when the arrow is on the bow, it has to be shot.....that's how I shop, atleast ..and I'd think most others tend to have similar online shopping psychologys.

These weekend sales are good for brick and mortar stores, but online .. the sales strategies have to have a lot more of the uniqueness factor.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

wouldn't at least some brands/products convert better at shoes.com? i wouldn't drop them completely, just drop what works better elsewhere

Let me put it to yout this way!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdig
    wouldn't at least some brands/products convert better at shoes.com? i wouldn't drop them completely, just drop what works better elsewhere

I only advertise those brands that Shoes.com offers that Zappos and Shoebuy does not carry. Guess what? They still don't convert and I am going to drop them like a lead balloon soon!! I am talking direct link landing pages and they still stink. I often wonder if that stupid survey thing that keeps popping up when shopping their site isnt stealing our cookies!! Hmmmnnn?? In the past year and a half, I have ran hundreds of direct link ads in my PPC campaigns for Shoes.com and have lost money each and every time...

Time to say "BYE" to shoes.com for me......... this time for good.
    I am sure there are some success stories out there... but you better find out what kind of numbers the "success stories" are posting.
    Last edited by Airstrip; November 12th, 2005 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread