Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry Transaction Reporting is not effected BULL SH@T !!!
    Ok, I average over 15-25% sales for every click, this has been the same for me for over 2 years with out a change and this time of year it is considerably higher. Not one darn sale reported yesterday out of over 6000 click thru's.

I ask you this CJ, What's up and when will it be fixed ?

it may be tracking fine but a huge reporting/posting delay.

Ebay's running on a 24 hour+ delay, other batch merchants may be too

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    Ok, I average over 15-25% sales for every click, this has been the same for me for over 2 years with out a change and this time of year it is considerably higher. Not one darn sale reported yesterday out of over 6000 click thru's.

And when you inquire, they send you some canned form email and you're supposed to just swallow it.

You might try contacting Ben Dover. He's responsible for that pain you're feeling.

ABW Ambassador
    Ive got a big gap...

5-Nov-2005 23:35 PST to 6-Nov-2005 14:54 PST

Not normal at all..... I always have loads of sales sunday morning. I sure had a strong number of shoppers....

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    You might try contacting Ben Dover. He's responsible for that pain you're feeling.
    LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions

i ask the same question EVERYDAY i log onto the CJ site... i've been doing affiliate marketing for about 3 years with CJ and this is the worst season i've ever had... i talked to someone from CJ and they were saying it's the merchants fault... so i contact the merchant and they said it's CJ fault... it's almost coming down to the point that i have to blame myself for even getting involved with the rat basturds...
    Visit me over at... [URL=http://www.socialrankings.com]Social Rankings[/URL] or [URL=http://revenuerobot.blogspot.com]Revenue Robot[/URL]

I looked at my monthly conversion stats, and at first I thought I might agree about a tracking issue. As you can see from 2004 (and the same always holds true), there is usually a good increase in the conversion ratio from October to November to December. November 2005 is one of my worst conversion ratios ever, about half as much as average.

But... Once I looked into the details, I found the reason. My traffic to high-converting merchants has decreased somewhat, while my traffic to low-converting merchants has increased. If I look at the conversion ratio for individual merchants, most of them are comparable to what they've been YTD.

So, while my stats at first glance appeared to confirm tracking problems (or delays), a deeper analysis shows that (at leasts for me, with my merchants) everything is tracking right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

November looks like it's going to be an absolute disaster for me - haven't had one single sale in over a week. As much as I would like to blame it on CJ I have to be realistic and face the fact that it's more than likely due to Google's latest update - the Big G has literally cut me off at the knees this time round and my best converting pages have disappeared off the radar . The best I can hope for is that things will turn around before the holiday shopping season is in full gear.

November is not too bad for me so far, but yesterday was one of my worst days on record at CJ. I actually went in and checked dozens of sites to make sure links were working. I have no clue why yesterday was so bad, but clicks were about half of normal. Something happened, that's for sure. Hope the rest of the week goes better.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I reviewed reports analyizing reporting delays and transaction volumes and see nothing that would indicate anything is out of normal. We have had no delays in reporting or changes in txn volume.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

So what about the 30 hour or so gap in Ebay reporting from yesterday and the day before? Are you saying that if there were no transactions that was just "natural"? I haven't had a naturally occurring 6-hour gap from Ebay in months, let alone a 30-hour gap.

I've asked at Ebay, as well as through CJ, but have yet to get an answer from either: Was the stoppage in Ebay tracking due to a problem at Ebay or a problem at CJ?

Thank you.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

This past week has been extremely slow for me. My targeted PPC ads that usually generate a lot of sales are getting clicks, but no sales showing Last November and December were my best months and this year seems to be quite the oppsosite.

mel

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    LOL
    I second that - thanks for giving me something to laugh about!!

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    So what about the 30 hour or so gap in Ebay reporting from yesterday and the day before? Are you saying that if there were no transactions that was just "natural"? I haven't had a naturally occurring 6-hour gap from Ebay in months, let alone a 30-hour gap.

I've asked at Ebay, as well as through CJ, but have yet to get an answer from either: Was the stoppage in Ebay tracking due to a problem at Ebay or a problem at CJ?

Thank you.
    I have neither seen nor heard of any reporting issues related to eBay.

The only possible "gap" in reporting that anyone might see is during the change over to daylight savings time. Because of the change to the time, the reporting may show a gap for one hour around midnight between the 5th and 6th of November. This gap is due to the clocks getting turned back an hour.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Test purchases anyone?

Do some test purchases and you'll find out everything you need to know.

I've done enough over the course of time to satisfy my own 'thirst for knowledge' but it might be a good time to generate some fresh ones to confront merchants with.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford

The only possible "gap" in reporting that anyone might see is during the change over to daylight savings time. Because of the change to the time, the reporting may show a gap for one hour around midnight between the 5th and 6th of November. This gap is due to the clocks getting turned back an hour.
    Please see this thread. At one point the delay was as much as 30 hours.

I'm starting to get annoyed at the pat response coming from CJ that any time *anyone* sees any delay in reporting or interruption in tracking that it's THEIR problem and never issues with reporting or tracking at CJ. Frankly, it's insulting, especially in light of MULTIPLE people reporting the same issue.

Are we supposed to believe it's mass hallucination on the part of affiliates?

I'm resisting the urge to use a whole lot of 4-letter words.

Didn't ebay send an email out Friday or Saturday saying there was a delay?

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Didn't ebay send an email out Friday or Saturday saying there was a delay?
    I never received one.

there was and still is a large delay- whether anyone on your end was aware of it or not.

this is confirmed on the ebay boards, and many of us do more than enough volume with ebay to see this.

Also the usual 'next day' batch for the prior day's winning bid revenue didn't happen for friday until late Sunday, and Saturday's revenue still hasn't shown up, so that's 24 hours later than normal.

edit: here's the link to the thread at ebay's boards: http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...=1131369091384

As usual deafening silence on both ends

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Transaction Detail Reports were down just a few minutes ago, but now they're back up. There were definitely some significant delays today (11/7), the longest of which was 4 1/2 hours. I just had about a dozen transactions popup, but even with that we're still 33% below our daily commissions average.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Androo
    the rat basturds...

15 years and counting
    Todd Martini - Transaction Detail Reports were down just a few minutes ago, but now they're back up. There were definitely some significant delays today (11/7), the longest of which was 4 1/2 hours. I just had about a dozen transactions popup, but even with that we're still 33% below our daily commissions
    The problem I'm seeing today is the lack of synch between "Commission Summary" lagging behind "Commission detail" at least 4-5 hours giving the feeling reports are not updated. I checked the commission detail and performance reports and they were just fine. Only the "Commission Summary" report was stuck.
    For whose of you not trusting CJ tracking.
    Sale Amount..... Commission..........Posting Date..........Description
    $4,985.00 USD $498.50 USD 7-Nov-2005 19:01 PST Original Action

ABW Ambassador
    That just shows you had a nice sale today. I even got sales when they were having tracking and reporting problems during the September downgrade. And Todd is wrong there was a delay with ebay. I don't think CJ was aware that Half.com and Ebay UK were having tracking problems last month, so said the email they sent out. But overall my conversion rates are up over Sept and Oct as they should be.

15 years and counting
    Trust, I've sales reported every hour and the delay in reporting is in the 1-2 hour time frame.
    7-Nov-2005 20:57 PST 7-Nov-2005 22:01 PST
    I don't work with eBay so I've no idea if their dimes are reported or not.
    I don't make conclusion on one sale. I've many websites covering many niches with many different CJ merchants. My own stats are showing the same pattern than CJ. More likely the problems reported are linked to one or several merchants or a shift in the SERPs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast