Can anyone provide a reference for next PR?
    Does anyone have the next Google PR update (when it will be out?) Is there a site that I can use to keep myself up-to-date with this bit of information, please?

Thank you (and I really do mean this for those of you who have helped me tremendously!!) :-)

ABW Ambassador
    There's no way to predict when the next one will be, and nothing in the past is any indicator. It's now about every 3 or 4 months, give or take a little, and the only resource I'd consider authoritative would be Matt Cutts' blog (just Google for his name, it's right there); but that's generally for after an update starts.

ABW Ambassador
    Also the actual PR of your pages updates before you get to see it on the toolbar. I just look out for the traffic fluctuations.

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Pagerank means squat, it's just good for vanity purposes and encouraging link exchanges. it has little impact or no on traffic.
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

ABW Ambassador
    Pagerank is being "continually and continuously updated" according to Matt, but that's on the "inside" so we've got no idea except for the limited value of the 3/4 month updated Toolbar PR we can see.

I can see why some people want to know, PR is a visible type of commodity and it's very hard to get links from some sites unless they can see some PR on your site, and a link from a site before it has PR showing isn't much in demand. It can be construed as maybe having a penalty so some folks will stay clear until a site is showing PR.

Another thing is that the amount of PR can be one of the factors that determines depth and frequency of a site being crawled.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Another thing is that the amount of PR can be one of the factors that determines depth and frequency of a site being crawled.
    Actually, I think PR has no effect on the crawl interval at all. I've had sites with high PR and low clicks take AGES to get indexed, where ones with lower PR and very high clicks can get indexed right away.

I do think that PageRank is essentially dead though. TrustRank on the other hand seems to be very much alive - that allegedly looks for links to your site from 200 or so "trusted" sites and then weights the results accordingly. This shift in weighting seems to be getting bigger all the time.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

but wasn't PR used to filter results to your search when you typed in link:mysite.com?

for instance, any site linking to you with a PR under 4 might not be reported as linking to your site?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread