HSN Sales
    Any idea as to how HSN works. I'm showing a sale for them $100.00 that has 00.00 for the commission. Is it an error or am I missing something? I do see in their pay structure that one of the terms shows zero amnt commissions for sales that I can't figure out. Thanks all!

Hi Pakster! Believe me even a ZERO sale would be welcome right now. That would at least tell me there is some activity in my account at CJ. Maybe HSN only plugs the commission in once the items have shipped? Some merchants do that as far as I know.

Guys you sure HSN is still a part of CJ?

I think they left. Didnt they?

Edited:

Ooops my mistake i see they are still there.

Good luck, Packs.

I've occasionaly gotten paid for sales but I still have a few from 6+ months ago that I never got a cent for. CJ sends their canned response about HSN's 'system' and after the sale locks at $0.00, they send their canned response about how the advertiser would have to add a commission manually. HSN does not answer at all.

ABW Ambassador
    It's a mess how they have it setup. Those sales eventually are supposed to turn into commissions. They should have it setup like most other merchants, sale showing up with the commission and then later reverse if needed. I've had problems with the from the start. It's the merchant whose sales were showing up in my account but i was told they weren't really mine, that they were being flagged incorrectly. And it's possible since i thought i was converting like crazy. Don't know. It's also the merchant that i posted about having a sale with an SID that wasn't mine.

Thanks All! Well I was excited when I found a product that they had that I needed for one of my sites and the price was good. It sounds like there isn't a reason to be excited anymore.

CC, I just sent them an email. If no response then most likely I'll pull them.

Trust, so your saying it's something like an Ebay thing where a transaction comes in and then the follow up sale or lead? Do they add the commission after the item ships? Thanks again

The worst thing about all this is I have a site that does pretty good traffic wise and I am using an indy who hasn't updated stats in over a month. Everytime I call him he says he is going to do it over the weekend but never does. Unfortuantely he is pretty much the only merchant out there with an affiliate program for the item other than a couple of the bigger stores that just have a few of the products. All I can do is hope for the best I suppose

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, you have to wait, don't remember 30 days or something before it's supposed to turn into a commission. So if you push HSN, it's something you need to watch and go back and check stats to see what and what didn't turn into commissions.

Thanks Trust, something about this product that makes me have to wait to see how I did selling. Stay tuned, next year I think I'll sell them myself online and start a decent affiliate program for it

Is this the same HSN that's at Linkshare too?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread