Exclamation EMail Help Needed ASAP
    Here is the problem:
    I have a reseller account with email accounts that worked perfectly fine up to and including at least part of yesterday, with nothing changing on these accounts from our end.

Any email sent from any domain of ours or our customers on this account sends or at least appears to send properly.
    These emails do not reach their destination with the exception of those recipients also on the same server.
    All this server's email accounts receive email perfectly fine.

We don't believe this is a configuration or ISP error because of the following:
    1) This happens on outlook, outlook express and on multiple different computers. We have now tried seven different computers in different locations on different ISP's.
    2) This is not an ISP issue as far as we can tell because if we use the mail server to send to another mail account on the same server it works fine. If this was some sort of ISP blocking/filtering none of these would work.
    3) This affects both pop email (outlook, etc) and webmail.
    4) No configuration changes have been made to any mail programs, email accounts, hosting or reseller accounts affected by this.
    5) Other email accounts on other reseller & dedicated server accounts running very similar setups are not experiencing any problems like this.

H E L P M E ! ! ! ! ! !
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I should add ... the reseller can find nothing wrong on their end.
    They are receiving no delivery notices at all, nor are we.
    I tried to send some emails from the affected accounts and error messages that the mail could not be delivered were sent back.

ARGH!!!!
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I've seen this a few years ago while working at an ISP. Something has changed on the server, you just dont know it.

If you are still having the problem, then this is what I would do.

1. Test to see if the server is able to send out email manually from the server. (not using any client based programs or interfaces)

2. Check the gateways and DNS of the server.

3. Look at the logs, see if the email actually left.

4. If emails are making their way around the local network but not outside, there could be a gateway issue.

5. If all else fails, restore your a backup from your last known session.

6. If it is none of these, hmmmm good luck,

Test to see if the server is able to send out email manually from the server. (not using any client based programs or interfaces)
    This is where I would start too. Your ISP should be able to send email via command prompt and be able to track it, see where it goes and where it dies. It does sound like the problem is at the server level and that's where the investigation should start. Your ISP needs to rule out a server issue first or you could be just spinning your wheels trying to find an issue on your end.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread