Found a cookie stuffer
    While browsing circuit city on an infected PC, it popped [aff url removed]

if you look at the source code on [aff url removed] you will see that this page loads a whole bunch of cookies (forced of course)...

I am trying to report this to CJ...should I just email help@cj.com ?

I am no longer with CJ so I can't login...

Also, if there is a problem with my post feel free to edit it....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If the bugger is stuffing multiple cookies on each page load just call CJ. Phone: 800-761-1072
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'm not sure what the appropriate channels would be if you can't log in. Normally it's through AAQ. I've never gotten CJ to say where to send it outside of AAQ. Although you can PM Todd here. I've done that before for him to pass on to NQ.

I will say that particular site has been reported to CJ numerous times for going through parasites like 180Solutions and for cookie stuffing. Supposedly CJ told them to stop. But I've never seen any significant decrease in their acitivity over the years. I've reported them more than once. So have merchants.

At what income point does a scumbag cookie stuffing affiliate reach the status of getting publically OUTED at ABW?

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have video proof now...

I just sent an email to help@cj.com with his PID and the video...

additionally...

I sent an email to help@linkshare.com with a similar email since this affiliate is also stuffing linkshare cookies...

The slime bag is OBVIOUSLY stuffing because he has javascript set to show "done" on the status bar , so while all the cookies are loading , all the user sees is "done"....

last look min 10 cookies are loaded..

A real cookie cannon operating out of every site this wank owns.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    I'm not sure what the appropriate channels would be if you can't log in. Normally it's through AAQ. I've never gotten CJ to say where to send it outside of AAQ. Although you can PM Todd here. I've done that before for him to pass on to NQ.

I will say that particular site has been reported to CJ numerous times for going through parasites like 180Solutions and for cookie stuffing. Supposedly CJ told them to stop. But I've never seen any significant decrease in their acitivity over the years. I've reported them more than once. So have merchants.
    bold added by me
    AAQ is a joke.
    Todd and CJ apparently don't care aboput cheaters or there would be a more positive way to report this activity.
    We all know that AAQ gets seen sometimes and not other times. Either that, or CJ intentionally ignores requests through AAQ. Either way...pitiful.

Kellie wrote:
    Nice to see that CJ has jumped right on this and taken care of it.

Perhaps they're not up to the threshold of complaints required to actually DO SOMETHING.

Andy

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Perhaps they're not up to the threshold of complaints required to actually DO SOMETHING.
    From my perspective...

As I get stolen from, while trying to make me and my merchant and CJ some money, Complicit Junction does nothing. That threshold seems SO high that I can't even see it from here.

Maybe we should be allowed to OUT bad affiliates and list their URL but in a non linkable way.

Then all of us can submit AAQ to CJ and flood them with complaints until they get rid of it.

I mean we all have to do something for them to take action it can't be a few of us.

List the bad guys.
    and then everyone should complain about them.

It is obvious CJ doesn't care it is also obvious that Todd is nothing more than a PR guy who is just here for damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    At what income point does a scumbag cookie stuffing affiliate reach the status of getting publically OUTED at ABW?
    Kellie explains this to me every 2 months or so. Then I get disgusted witnessing crapola and it makes me forget the reason why this is Haiko's stance to not out affs. Kellie, refresh us all please. And can you just email it to me again every 2 months as well. Perhaps a small tatoo would help me too.

Furiously forgetful,
    Donuts.

well, here is where I stand...

I can't PM todd here because I am a peon... (so if one of you can ... let me know...)

I emailed help@cj.com and it bounced !!!!! It worked for LINKSHARE !!! How comes I can't go to cj.com and find a contact link and send an email...what is the public supposed to do when they find an email spammer, a cookie stuffer, etc... to report it??? Come on TODD your network is FULL of fraud, don't tell me you don't want to know about it??? Linkshare has a contact us thing on their website !!!!

This just shows me how awful CJ is and how glad I am that I left CJ behind...

Let's find the appropriate person at the Federal level. Perhaps a call or visit from the FBI would get some attention. There has to be somebody who can find the group working on this (however small). Is there a Congressman's staff looking for a story?

ABW Ambassador
    You're wasting your time HolyEarth, CJ doesn'tcare, they leave it up to the merchants. In fact if you use AAQ you could get 2 different answers to this question. Their employees aren't even sure. This was the exact question Happypoon did an AAQ with and he posted the answers he got. They were opposite of each other. I doubt Todd will even answer the question here in public. If he says yes they allow it, it would go against the rules at CJ. If they say no, they don't allow, then that cookie stuffer you're talking about would have gotten the boot the first few times it was brought to their attention.

Todd are you around???

I wrote to CJ through AAQ (had to start a new account -- HOW SAD) and they wrote me back with some big CRAP!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT CJ DOESN'T CARE ABOUT COOKIE STUFFERS !!!!

I wrote them telling them about the cookie stuffer and they write back telling me that they need to know the exact steps to recreate the incident...

ALL CJ HAS TO DO IS VIEW THE WEBSITE'S SOURCE CODE....(LIKE LINKSHARE DID!!!)

facts:
    1) ALL cookies are stuffed via the image source tag ... hmmm.....
    2) The status bar is set to show "done" while all this takes place....
    3) Over 40 different merchant's cookies are dropped at this one site....
    4) DO THE MATH....NO NEED TO SEE ANYTHING ELSE...

...and btw the email CJ wrote to me couldn't be responded to ... I had to go through AAQ AGAIN!! ...I'm tellin you all they really don't want to hear sh#@ about this MAJOR problem ... I guess they let SAHS go just to make us think improvements were on the way...

They need to put the new PSA to use and BACK-COLLECT all the money from this thieving affiliate........

That sucks CJ and the ABW moderators should take this wanks URLs and force some action from CJ and the other networks he/she abuses. Find some cookies stuffed for the SAS network and the perps a goner from there.

OMG the cookie stuffer in question now puts this on his website....

Cookies/Tracking: Our site does not use any method to track your usage. No Personally Identifiable Information is being gathered.

Of course we would like to see this information. We may have already deactivated the account even though they are still stuffing cookies. Fortunately, our txn processing logic will reward the commission to the second to the last publisher (the one that correctly referred the user).

Please email me the PID and link to the video. My email address is firstinitiallastname at cj.com.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Todd,

This is the first that I've heard of any transaction processing logic, congrats on the upgrade.

With something like that in place, it seems like you could boot the stuffers almost over night.

HolyEarth...the funny thing is that statement may be correct (i think)....they just didn't say anything about forcing cookies to allow someone else to be able to do that ;-)

Todd I was reviewing some of Ben Edleman's videos and saw many BF and CJ affiliate ID's in there. Googling those tracking sniplets and then uncovering the offending sites I saw some of the most horrible examples of scumbag affiliate domains in recent history. Nothing but Iframed hidden sites doing the cookie stuffing nasty on your VC/CJ/BF merchants. Get someone on CJ's compliance team to go over those videos and spot the common points for your CJ bot.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    We may have already deactivated the account even though they are still stuffing cookies. Fortunately, our txn processing logic will reward the commission to the second to the last publisher (the one that correctly referred the user).
    Todd while it's possible CJ has already deactivated this account, I find it doubtful. Why would they continue to pay the likes of 180Solutions to pop their site and drop cookies if they have been deactivated? CJ has had numerous compliants against this affiliate over the years.

Holyearth be sure to give CJ the URL that showed in the pop up. Because this is what they have done consistently in the past. A page from their web site pops in an application like 180Solutions. In your case a page which promotes Circuit City. It drops a bunch of cookies. Now if you go back to their web site normally (via a direct type-in) and navigate to that same page on their site for Circuit City there was no cookie stuffing seen. If you then compared that URL with the one from the adware pop up, you would notice they were different URLs. They had multiple versions of their site: one that is accessed 'normally' which didn't cookie stuff and then the one that gets loaded into adware pop ups which does stuff cookies. Nice no?

this worked for me before, but just one time.

have the merchant call metrics direct (where cheaters sign up for 180solutions popping) and explain that it violates the merchant's policies and that the aff has been terminated and request that the ads from that affiliate cease.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread