Ebay Reversals?
    Anybody seeing any Ebay reversals? I just got one today. This one's not surprising because the seller looks like he's selling counterfeit junk. Gotta see if editor kit lets you filter out certain sellers...

Anyway, I'm wondering what case would arise in which there would be a reversal? If the auction ends successfully and I referred the winning bidder, doesn't eBay get paid? In which I would get paid, right? Anyway, it's not a huge loss... 23 cents. But just wanna cover my bases in case we start seeing a river of red again. Ugh.

-M
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Ugh. Another reversal posted. This time a bigger commission. Is it just me getting reversals?

-M

Updated: Nevermind. I figured out what's going on. I was mistakenly credited twice for the two auctions that were reversed. Phew...
    Last edited by meadowmufn; November 8th, 2005 at 12:56 AM. Reason: update
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Ohhhhh Nooooooo! If you hadn't said something, I never would have noticed. I had thirteen reversals post today for a total of $17.03. Very strange. Every single one of them was for October 10.

Looking closely at the actual transactions, after downloading them and comparing them to the original transactions, what they have done is split almost everything for October 10 in half.

For example, where the Original Sale Amount was $2.22 and the commission was .89, they subtracted $1.11 and .44 in the reverals. Looking at the actual auctions, it looks like they did record twice as much as they should have. Why the heck did the system do that? What a mess!

They are way behind on current postings too. Still waiting for Winning Bids to post for Saturday and Sunday.

That's funny I thought this was supposed to go away with the new system.

And yes I have been seeing them also.

Never mind. I found 'em. I thought there was going to be a 6.5% holdback in lieu of reversals... or are we now being hit with BOTH?

Looks like ALL of my commissions with an event date of October 10 have been reversed.

WTF???
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Am seeing a bigger problem with these reversals.

I've gone through and checked auctions, looking for buyer and seller feedbacks that would indicate completed transactions. I can't do that for all of them simply because not everyone leaves feedback, even when it's warranted.

I'm finding a LOT of auctions where there are positive feedbacks in both directions, the buyer's feedback being along the lines of "Great item, delivered quickly" yet my commission is being reversed.

Something is MAJORLY wrong.

Dan,

Did you read my post? Look at the initial posting of the "Winning Bid" for each item.

All my reversals were for October 10 too. When I lined them up with the original "Winning Bid", it turns out eBay reversed only ONE-HALF of the amounts. When I look up the auctions, it jives. They paid me double what they should have for each of the auctions in question on October 10.

Tracy

All my reversals are on oct. 10 so far. I had more than 50 winning bids on that day. Almost 50% of the winning bids were wiped out. It's hard to believe there were no reversals from oct 1 to oct 9 and so many on the 10th.

Once again, the commissions were not wiped out; they were split in half for October 10. And looking at my reports, I can see where I was overpaid for Winning Bids on October 10.

Download all your eBay activity for October 10. You will see that ONE-HALF of each Sale_Amount and ONE-HALF of each Commission were reversed.

It looks like on October 10, eBay paid double what they should have for just about every sale. If you look up each individual auction and calculate what eBay's earnings should have been, you should see that they are in line with half of what eBay reported for October 10.

That's the way it was for me anyway, and I've been watching this closely on a daily basis. I download and check every line item in my reports.

My apologies, Tracy, I glossed over your initial post in the midst of my apoplexy.

Have you seen any other days where Ebay paid double?

Tracy,

My two reversals were for Oct. 10th, too. Sounds like my situation was a bit different. I had two Winning Bids transactions post for each auction that was reversed (so far only 2). I recall flagging them in my spreadsheet at the time because they appeared to be duplicates. Sounds like you had 1 Winning Bid post for each auction, but it was double the commission amount you should have received. Very strange.

I had some Nov. 5 Winning Bids post today. I hope they get caught up today. I have a feeling I had lots of bids this weekend.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    Have you seen any other days where Ebay paid double?
    Didn't even think to look, until you asked the question. I just went through all the auctions in my database, and did a comparision of what I think eBay made and what they reported. Usually my estimate is more by a few cents (I guess because of the 6% reversal hold-back --- I still can't figure that one out).

Everything looks good. Only one auction stood out in all of them. It was one of 19 that posted for October 26.

At this point, I think the October 10 thing was just some weird computer glitch. Hopefully, we won't see that again.

Also, I hope now that they fixed the problem that happened back in their favor, they will finally address the problem of the auctions we didn't get paid for that we should have. So far I have built up a list of 70 auctions that my bidder won, and I didn't get credit. Quite a few are auctions where there was only one bidder and the click date was within 7-days.

What worries me is that if I found 70 that I received a txn for on the initial bid, how many are there out there where I've generated the lead but didn't get the txn because it wasn't the first bid after click?

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Sounds like you had 1 Winning Bid post for each auction, but it was double the commission amount you should have received. Very strange.
    Exactly. Here are some examples of what the initial "Winning Bid" and the "Reveral" look like.
    Code:
    11-Oct-2005 19:17 PDT  10-Oct-2005 19:18 PDT   1.20       0.48 
    7-Nov-2005 21:41 PST   10-Oct-2005 19:18 PDT  (0.60)     (0.24)

11-Oct-2005 19:04 PDT  10-Oct-2005 19:00 PDT  63.22      25.29
    7-Nov-2005 20:28 PST  10-Oct-2005 19:00 PDT  (31.61)    (12.64)
    Didn't like that last one one bit!

I've had Winning Bids post for Oct-5 and Oct-6. Just waiting for yesterday to post now.

How is the 6% reversal hold back going to be credited to us? Will there be a transaction for it, or what? I haven't heard any details on it, other than it will be refigured each month based on the reversal history.

Andy

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Once again, the commissions were not wiped out; they were split in half for October 10. And looking at my reports, I can see where I was overpaid for Winning Bids on October 10.

Download all your eBay activity for October 10. You will see that ONE-HALF of each Sale_Amount and ONE-HALF of each Commission were reversed.

It looks like on October 10, eBay paid double what they should have for just about every sale. If you look up each individual auction and calculate what eBay's earnings should have been, you should see that they are in line with half of what eBay reported for October 10.

That's the way it was for me anyway, and I've been watching this closely on a daily basis. I download and check every line item in my reports.
    After downloaded and read my report, all of my reversals are 100% refund. No ONE-HALF whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    How is the 6% reversal hold back going to be credited to us? Will there be a transaction for it, or what? I haven't heard any details on it, other than it will be refigured each month based on the reversal history.

Andy
    That's what I've been scratching my head wondering ever since it was announced. Would have been much better to just track them on an item by item basis, and reverse when necessary. I don't like this slush fund one bit. No way to track it on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    After downloaded and read my report, all of my reversals are 100% refund. No ONE-HALF whatsoever.
    Ouch! Well, I certainly would be asking eBay about that. I was able to match up all mine against the original transactions and every single one was a half reversal. How strange yours were full reversals. How many were there?

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    Just to clarify, the line entries will appear to be 100% reversals (which is the mistake I initially made) but if you do a transaction report with a November 11 posting date, you should find duplicate transaction entries (same sale amount, same commission, same Ebay auction number) corresponding to the Ebay auction listed in the reversal.

The reversal is simply cancelling out one of the two line items...

Ouch! Well, I certainly would be asking eBay about that. I was able to match up all mine against the original transactions and every single one was a half reversal. How strange yours were full reversals. How many were there?
    Total 30 reversals. Here is an example:
    11-Oct-2005 19:20, PDT 10-Oct-2005 09:38 PDT, Winning Bid, -16.14, 40.35, 16.14, 6808796505(auction ID)

ditto
    5 reversals from the 10th..

Just to clarify, the line entries will appear to be 100% reversals (which is the mistake I initially made) but if you do a transaction report with a November 11 posting date, you should find duplicate transaction entries (same sale amount, same commission, same Ebay auction number) corresponding to the Ebay auction listed in the reversal.

You are right. Now I see the duplication. I think EBay or CJ should hire you and Tracy as their customer support if they have such dept.

That's not what I'm seeing. I have 100% reversals, and I use SIDs to identify which EK the click came from. There is no duplication, in fact I don't see those same EKs resulting in additional transactions in the days before or after October 10th. Just a 100% reversal, with a reason of duplicate order.

Guess I'll need to send an E-mail to eBay...not holding my breath on that one!

Andy

Here are the transactions from my report.

October 10th transactions

Code:
    11-Oct-2005 19:05 PDT	10-Oct-2005 15:12 PDT	0.57	0.228
    11-Oct-2005 19:16 PDT	10-Oct-2005 15:58 PDT	5.64	2.256
    11-Oct-2005 19:31 PDT	10-Oct-2005 15:12 PDT	0.57	0.228
    11-Oct-2005 19:40 PDT	10-Oct-2005 15:58 PDT	5.64	2.256
    And my November 7th reversals

Code:
    7-Nov-2005 20:33 PST	10-Oct-2005 15:12 PDT	-0.57	-0.228
    7-Nov-2005 21:47 PST	10-Oct-2005 15:58 PDT	-5.64	-2.256
    I had marked them as duplicates in my spreadsheet and figured they'd be reversed at some point, but I forgot all about them. I had contacted eBay about that and missing commissions, but have heard nothing back. Since I've heard they're working on the problem and "the corner scenario" (whatever that is), I've been waiting patiently without bugging them further.

-M

So yesterday I received two txns in addition to ones already received for winning bids. One increased the my share by $0.06 (previously $0.97) and one increased my share by $0.19 (previously $0.80). Both were for October 30. So now I have two reports for each of two items. What? They miscalculated like they did on October 10 only this time they underpaid me?

What in the world is eBay doing? Still waiting for them to pay me for 70+ auctions I should have been paid for but wasn't.

Still waiting for them to pay me for 70+ auctions I should have been paid for but wasn't.
    I hope they get all the issues squared away soon. I'm waiting for commissions on a couple dozen auctions myself.

-M

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread