Will AdSense Destroy my Datafeed?
    Here's some background first...

I have a site with about 100 pages of original content. There are many backlinks to my index page and even more to my deep pages. My site covers a broad base of topics and ranks well for the keywords I target. I also add new relevant content via my blog (blogger) every day.

All those pages have adsense ads on them.

A few months ago, I installed a few datafeeds that are not running adsense ads. I linked them to relevant sections of my site. The Outdoors gear datafeed is linked to the outdoors page, etc. There is no crosslinking or any manipulative linking structure that will raise red flags. I just plugged them in and forgot about 'em.

Anyway, Google and MSN are indexing the datafeeds nicely. But IMHO Google isn't crazy about affiliate links. And it would make sense to me that if Google knew it was indexing a datafeed, it might stop crawling it...might even de-index it.

I would like to plug adsense into my datafeed pages. But if I did, I would suddenly be running over 20,000 adsense blocks...overnight! I wonder if this might tip off Google that I am using a datafeed...and that adding those ads might do more harm than good.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

If Google is indexing your datafeed pages now... they already know you're running a datafeed.

I'd be surprised.. no, I'd be more than surprised if adding adsense made any difference at all to your pages indexing and rank.

No. One less thing to worry about.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

No, but be careful that the datafeed pages don't destroy your Google rankings. The datafeed pages could be considered duplicate content, and if Google's algorithms consider it to be severe enough, your previously well ranked pages could suffer from linking to the penalized datafeed pages.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks for you help!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread