Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    New York, NY
    ad-tech: was anybody there?
    I stopped by the ad-tech conference today for an hour or so. It was "fun". A new trend I noticed was more companies becoming "behavioral marketing" experts not matter what exactly they do. Anyway, it was fun, but not very useful for an affiliate manager -- there were no affiliates around.

I stopped by the WebmasterRadio booth, asked for Haiko, but they did not where he is. Did anybody else go?

I went then I saw a hot chick and followed her out the door to the street and lost her damn

Affiliate Manager
    I was in the exhibit hall on Monday, I had already set-up some good meetings, so I had a good day. If I hadn't set-up the meetings it would have been a pretty uneventful day probably.

I was there today. I had an appointment to meet with a Google Maximizer to get some tips on how to make the most of my advertising dollars. That, and a very tasty cranberry muffin, made it a very worthwhile couple of hours.

Berlin, Germany
    I made the trip all the way from Germany to attend Ad-Tech. I agree with Sami, in the exhibitor hall there was lots of behavioral marketing firms and the like (why of course sir, specifically targeting left handed red heads whose big toe is just a little shorter than the toe next to it is our speciality). Seems like everyone had their own special twist to the online marketing game, but as Sami pointed out, they were only giving sales pitches to each other because there werent many affiliates around.

It was still a great experience, got to learn more about the industry, make new contacts and get lots of free stuff, including beer

ABW Ambassador
    Prearranged Meetings is the way to go
    I was there and met with some interesting agency people.

Stopped by WMR as well.

Ran into the Hster late in the day.

Good trip...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread