Google AdSense - should I switch?
    I currently use TribalFusion on one of my websites that gets over 25,000 visits a day. I only make a couple hundred dollars a month from it. Based on the amount of traffic I am getting, can someone tell me if Google Adsense would be more lucrative than what I am doing now?

ABW Ambassador
    There's really no way to predict, since no public figures are released and it's dependent on the niche and the keywords and CTR, etc. Why don't you join up with Adsense and do some testing. If you try it out on some of the pages, then you can compare.

ABW Ambassador
    I would think so. Or just open up some advertising slots and sell them. You should be making a lot more than a couple of hundred a month with that type of traffic.

You are probably right. Right now I am replacing the service ads with ads from other sites I own and affiliate banners, which haven't done much. I was just interested in seeing how other people here with the same amount of traffic did with Google Adsense.

I would guess that you would make double that with that traffic but you also have to blend your ads in.

With 25,000 visit a day I would think that is a couple hundred a day if you have any sort of good keyword that pays more than a few cents.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valuewatcher
    I currently use TribalFusion on one of my websites that gets over 25,000 visits a day. I only make a couple hundred dollars a month from it. Based on the amount of traffic I am getting, can someone tell me if Google Adsense would be more lucrative than what I am doing now?
    With the amount of traffic you have, you will definitely do much better with Google Adsense. I would highly recommend it. Besides, Tribal Fusion is a PITA ... the only time I see their ads is via pop up with some invasive and misleading ad campaign. Your visitors will appreciate the switch and you'll make a lot more money. Do it. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yeah without a doubt I would switch. When I first read this post I thought it was 25,000 a month. With 25,000 a day you are losing money right now not doing adsense.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    With the amount of traffic you have, you will definitely do much better with Google Adsense. I would highly recommend it. Besides, Tribal Fusion is a PITA ... the only time I see their ads is via pop up with some invasive and misleading ad campaign. Your visitors will appreciate the switch and you'll make a lot more money. Do it. :-)
    We block all the popups (I HATE pop-ups ads) and annoying flashing ads, so it is just the banner at the top of the site. I have seen a decent amount of click throughs on one of my inhouse ads to one of my other sites, so I know people see and respond to the ads. I guess my laziness in changing it over was keeping me from trying it out. I was just trying to get an idea on what the difference would be before taking the time to switch it.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatcher
    We block all the popups (I HATE pop-ups ads) and annoying flashing ads, so it is just the banner at the top of the site. I have seen a decent amount of click throughs on one of my inhouse ads to one of my other sites, so I know people see and respond to the ads. I guess my laziness in changing it over was keeping me from trying it out. I was just trying to get an idea on what the difference would be before taking the time to switch it.
    It'll be so much better, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

You'll never know until you try it, but I suspect that you'll see a significant increase by using AdSense.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

"With 25,000 visit a day I would think that is a couple hundred a day"

I'd certainly agree.

Let's say you have a low (1%) click rate, and a low (10 cents) cost-per-click average. That would be close to a grand a month right there. If you get slightly higher clickthrough and CPC rates, you're making a living.

Why not give it a one-day test?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    "With 25,000 visit a day I would think that is a couple hundred a day"

I'd certainly agree.

Let's say you have a low (1%) click rate, and a low (10 cents) cost-per-click average. That would be close to a grand a month right there. If you get slightly higher clickthrough and CPC rates, you're making a living.

Why not give it a one-day test?
    Well, that certainly sounds good right there...

ABW Ambassador
    Keep us updated, this would be a nice experiment. It wouldn't suprise me if you started making in a day what it took you a month to get.

ValueWatcher ... Change your ads to Adsense then come back to tell us all about how great it's performing for you! You really need to do it and ASAP. You're losing money by not switching. I'm sure everyone else watching this thread is eager to hear all about the success you have!

Oh and ... be sure to set up channels so you'll know which pages are performing best and also, make sure the colors are the same or as close as you can get to your page backgrounds. Stop reading this and go switch now. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Don't forget Yahoo Publisher Network. Many people are earning even more than they did with AdSense.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

My big AdSense site gets around 25,000 ad impressions per day, and of course it all depends on the market your in and the positioning of your ads, but you should definitely make more than a couple of hundred bucks on that level of traffic.

Depending on the layout of your site, it might also be worth doing a redesign to get the optimum ad space for the Google banners. I get about 2% CTR with a leaderboard banner at the top and a smaller banner at the bottom of the text. CTR depends on ad positioning, and also relevancy of the ads. Google does tend to serve up relevant ads, and that helps with the CTR.

There are some things that Google manages to do very well, and no other ad network can touch - and that's target well. My site is in English, but I get visitors from all over the world. Google will serve up a set of more-or-less locally relevant ads, based on whether the visitor is in the US, UK, Australia or even non-English speaking countries.

Now, a targetted sales page for a good merchant will make more money that AdSense, but it is the best way I have seen to monetise a content site by far.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Switching from tribal fusion to google adsense?
    As others have noted, it's not possible to predict what revenue you might get from AdSense unless more is known about your site theme, visitors, ad placement, and so on.

On a site I've been running for a couple of years, and on another site which I just took control of from another webmaster, the effective CPM rates are curerntly hovering around $1.35 -- that is, $1.35 earned for every 1,000 pageviews as measured by Google.

If it matters, I wanted to run some ads on the Tribal Fusion network this month, and was told that I needed to spend a minimum of $10,000 to launch a campaign there. That excludes a LOT of advertisers, and if Tribal Fusion just has a few hundred advertisers compared to the tens of thousands (or more) of advertisers on Google AdWords/AdSense, then it may explain why your earnings are so low, and this may provide a reason to move a portion of your available inventory to Google AdSense.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread