ABW Ambassador
    Question on ebates mo money maker
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum here, but the parasiteware forum seems to be empty and I'm not sure where else to post.

I'm fairly green when it comes to Ebates and test purchases and don't really want to have to spend the money on test purchases as I'm in the UK and the merchants I want to test are US based.

I've sacrificed on old PC, joined Ebates and installed Mo Money Maker. When I visit an Ebates listed store by typing the URL directly into my browser address box nothing happens. Does Mo only popup at the checkout stage?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Welcome to a confusing / complicated area. You might consider asking your merchant if you can do test purchases with their advanced approval and ask them as well if you can email them after a test purchase to:
    +cancel the sale
    +let the merchant know which affiliate id / site you came from so they can make sure the tracking worked properly

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Microdat,

Just keep visiting the Merchant's website. Watch for a quick redirect to the ebate servers in the browser (address bar and/or status bar). Ebates will not always do the pop up saying you are getting earning x% rebate. It depends of the preferences set. I've seen the default preferences vary depending on the installation source. Also MMM does NOT "remind" the end user everytime. Hmmm. Can't diminishes the "helpfulness" of a shopping reminder application no? Just keep trying it will eventually happen if the Merchant is partnered with Ebates and is not opted out of MMM (coupon only on the ebates web site).

For the most accurate test purchase under any circumstances, it's best that only you know about it before hand. As soon as anyone else knows one is coming then the chances of achieving an accurate test is substantially decreased.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Also MMM does NOT "remind" the end user everytime. Hmmm.
    Hmmm, indeed.

Sometimes, it doesn't even need a registered end user... wonder who those "rebates" go to... hmmm...

ABW Ambassador
    [QUOTE=DonutsYou might consider asking your merchant if you can do test purchases with their advanced approval and ask them...if you can email them after a test purchase to:
    +cancel the sale
    [/QUOTE]

Tee hee, never thought of that one, although that really would be rubbing their noses in it.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread